PDA

View Full Version : 850i mods!

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 12:26 PM
I need to know where or if I can get some forced induction! I have a Dinan chip and a remus exhuast system already but , I want more I was think either 2 twin turbo's or 2 s/c's I need help. I don't want to mess up my car but I need more power or I'm going to get rid of it .

T-Dubbs
04-05-2005, 12:29 PM
2 superchargers?? do u know nothing about engines?

or 2 twin turbos? so 4 turbos?

what are you 16?

C4S
04-05-2005, 12:31 PM
:( :(

Sad to see one more kid will be banned ..

RedDevil, I don't think he is 16 yet .. :dunno:

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 12:35 PM
One s/c couldn't power the v12 enough you jackass and yes I've got a driver's license. Get a life I just need help on trying to get some forced induction for my car, and you have to be a ass.

t-im
04-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by RedDevil
2 superchargers?? do u know nothing about engines?

or 2 twin turbos? so 4 turbos?

what are you 16?

Why don't you stop being such an ass on beyond and acting like you know everything about german cars when you really don't? (Audi's did come in FWD in Canada, by the way, incase you didn't see that post :rolleyes: Posts like yours make Beyond unpleasant.

Let this guy ask his question and get good anwsers from people who know what they are talking about.

Continue!

QuasarCav
04-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by t-im

Why don't you stop being such an ass on beyond and acting like you know everything about german cars when you really don't?

Let this guy ask his question and get good anwsers.

I see your point but It's obvious that this guy is either a 16 year old or he has no clue.

If you want more power from your 850i (V12, one of the finest motors out there) than buy something else.

This car should be unmolested and chances are and mods would have to be completly customs made for such a low-volume car.

t-im
04-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

If you want more power from your 850i (V12, one of the finest motors out there) than buy something else.

This car should be unmolested and chances are and mods would have to be completly customs made for such a low-volume car.

I agree, I would never mod an 850i (such a classic!!) But to each their own!!!

I would never mod a Civic, but that's never stopped others from doing it :D

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 12:51 PM
LOL, well I see your point it's fast but I want real fast like ferrari fast. The Dinan chip helped along with my remus exhuast but there's something missing. Not sure I would ever turbo a car in actuality because I don't feel like waiting 20 minute's before going anywhere every time I start it. Then there's a s/c which basically steal's power from the crank so I guess the best thing would be just to leave it alone cause I sure the hell am not waiting until my car warms up for 20 minutes having a turbo. Plus lag is another issue

QuasarCav
04-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by RagenRoss
LOL, well I see your point it's fast but I want real fast like ferrari fast. The Dinan chip helped along with my remus exhuast but there's something missing. Not sure I would ever turbo a car in actuality because I don't feel like waiting 20 minute's before going anywhere every time I start it. Then there's a s/c which basically steal's power from the crank so I guess the best thing would be just to leave it alone cause I sure the hell am not waiting until my car warms up for 20 minutes having a turbo. Plus lag is another issue

Could you explain your reasoning behind waiting 20 min to move in a turbo car?

S/C's do make power by running off the crank but the power they generate more than makes up for the power they use.

T-Dubbs
04-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by t-im

Why don't you stop being such an ass on beyond and acting like you know everything about german cars when you really don't? (Audi's did come in FWD in Canada, by the way, incase you didn't see that post :rolleyes:) Posts like yours make Beyond unpleasant.

Let this guy ask his question and get good anwsers from people who know what they are talking about.

Continue!
fine,
you want two superchargers?
as to my knowledge, u cannot have two superchargers on a v-12, and 4 turbos would be rediculous. the 850 was not made to be a rocket. So if u do want a rocket of a car, i suggest u look into another car. the 850 is a luxo cruiser. that v-12 engine is very torquey but not that quick by any means, not to mention pretty damn heavy. IMO it would be a waste of money to make that car a rocket

he makes fun of me, and then takes my avatar...:nut:

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Ok you have to warm up turbo car's because of how much power they generate you can easliy mess your engine up if you do not let a aftermarket turbo system warm up properly. My cousin ruin his 95 talon TSI because he didn't know what the hell he was doing .

T-Dubbs
04-05-2005, 01:02 PM
u can ruin any car by over revving it, if its not warmed up

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Yup that is the only thing I like about you is your avater. Because my 850i is custom painted torch red . With a A C Shtz. body kit and 19" HRE 446r's. now only if I could find a 850i avater that would be better.

T-Dubbs
04-05-2005, 01:03 PM
One s/c couldn't power the v12 enough you jackass and yes I've got a driver's license. Get a life I just need help on trying to get some forced induction for my car, and you have to be a ass.
acaully one s/c could power a v-12
try doing some research

T-Dubbs
04-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Yup that is the only thing I like about you is your avater. Because my 850i is custom painted torch red . With a A C Shtz. body kit and 19" HRE 446r's. now only if I could find a 850i avater that would be better.

lets see some pics of your ride, it sounds hot

Willis
04-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Twin turbo Dinan 8 - 528hp (http://www.carshowing.com/kurtmaier/bmw92_850i/)

Nuff' said

T-Dubbs
04-05-2005, 01:11 PM
your best bet is to go to a local bmw shop and ask around there, they can give you the best advice

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 01:12 PM
ok

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 01:13 PM
the sun was pissing me off and reflecting off the car and shit so it looks pink in the pic.

T-Dubbs
04-05-2005, 01:14 PM
looks sweet, any more higher res pics?
i hear ya, my red e30 looks pink in some light
have you tried some bmw forums? they are great also

www.maxbimmer.com
www.dtmpower.net

Willis
04-05-2005, 01:23 PM
One of the better E31 forums.

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e31/

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah I'm on the http://www.jimmy540i.com/phpBB2/ forum but they all tell me to shitcan my 850i. There a bunch of 540i people who hate on other bimmer luvers that don't have 540i's.

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Thats the only pic right now that's not fucked up or blury I'll be taken more recent pics soon when i detail her. then i'll post all my new pics after that give me a week or two.

RagenRoss
04-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Well i'm off later all

finboy
04-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by RedDevil

fine,
you want two superchargers?
as to my knowledge, u cannot have two superchargers on a v-12

you can put more then one supercharger on any car with enough money, hell a while ago there was a website kicking around with a twin (roots style) supercharged vette.

Ok you have to warm up turbo car's because of how much power they generate you can easliy mess your engine up if you do not let a aftermarket turbo system warm up properly. My cousin ruin his 95 talon TSI because he didn't know what the hell he was doing .

i don't even know which part of this to correct first.

just keep your car stock, your lack of car knowledge will make it slower then it is currently if you try modifying it

ACS-e36
04-05-2005, 02:52 PM
i wanna see a shot of the rear

Mr. Burns
04-05-2005, 02:54 PM
One of the best looking Bimmers to ever roll off the line MMMmmmm mmmmm. :hitit:

RagenRoss
04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
in favor of turbos:

a car with some turbo lag is fun to drive! in a sports car, this is appealing - tho in other applications it may not be. turbos have that surprise, seat-of-your-pants power rush.

parasitic power loss due to a supercharger. although it's been argued that the restricted exhaust flow of turbo steals power from the crank as well, the power-robbing of an SC is far greater (potentially 50HP), although that is certainly compensated for by the boost.

SC's of the Roots variety are notorious for heating up your intake air, due to an inefficient compressor design.

turbos allow much higher boost levels, and are capable of generating a lot more power

when cruising at low rpm, turbos allow the engine to run in a non-boosted and very fuel-efficient state. this is true for idling, as well. so turbos can allow good highway mileage while still providing extra power on demand. superchargers boost all the time, generating power even when it's not needed.

turbochargers are more flexible, allowing a wide range of swaps and upgrades to achieve the desired power output. a boost gauge can be adjusted on the fly to change boost pressures. with an SC, you get what the SC can generate; turbos allow dialing and tweaking. turbos even allow you to "shut off" the boost (by opening the wastegates) if lower power is desired (ie: rainy conditions, emissions checks, etc)

turbos are not as noisy as a SC. the sound they do make is only at WOT, and is pretty darn cool.

turbos can assist with a lack of traction when launching; the lag in boost is actually an advantage, as the boost doesn't kick in until you get moving and have more grip.

superchargers rob you of torque, especially as boost becomes higher and the force required to turn the compressor increases. so in a low-torque engine or an application where you want as much torque as possible (think large diesel engines) a turbo is preferred

in favor of superchargers:

SC's offer a more immediate boost response (no lag)

SC's are usually thought to be more reliable than turbos, due to operating at lower temperatures.

a supercharger system is less complex, especially when considering aftermarket setups

higher boost brings higher intake air temperatures (compressing air makes it hotter) so the higher boosts generated by a turbo will generate hotter, thinner air, reducing power and increases chances of a thinner fuel mixture

turbos need more time to heat up and cool down in order to reduce failures

under normal driving, superchargers can actually improve your fuel efficiency, as you could (in theory) drive at a lower throttle and achieve the same speed/power. performance driving will pretty much blow that away, tho.

SC's usually have a self-contained oil supply, where turbos use (and therefore heat up, break down, etc) the engine oil

SC's are better for engines that already have power to spare (think mustang v8) where the parasitic loss is hardly noticable and well disguised by the boost power created.

a supercharged system reduces the chance of valve overlap and backflow. as only the intake side is under pressure, airflow will always be forced in and out of the correct valves. a turbo requires more precise cam and valve timing to ensure the exhaust side (also under pressure due to the downstream turbine) does not push back when the valves are still open.

an intercooler is almost always necessary with a turbo system in order to compensate for the greater heat induced by an exhaust-driven compressor

superchargers create no additional backpressure - so high flow exhausts are less necessary

the surge of power from a turbo can be harder on engine components, and cause a loss in traction. a SC's power is even and comes on smoothly

There's some knowlege for your ass finboy I just didn't feel like going into detail. :guns:

wjjeeper
04-06-2005, 02:07 PM
If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but judging by the wording of your previous posts.... you didn't write that.

Kirbs17
04-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Im not even a BMW owner, but id say go an talk to a local BMW modification shop. They will be able to tell you all of these things, and custom-tailer it to your car. Your car looks nice. There was a link posted by someone about a Dina or Dinar (sp?) 840i, and it was TwinTurbo. Go for something along that route.

ZorroAMG
04-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Cut and paste rocks my world. I feel sorry for the 850 almost as much as I feel sorry for the little creamer.

finboy
04-06-2005, 11:46 PM
blah blah blah, look what i cut and pasted
you know nothing of cars and its obvious by your initial posts, RESEARCH noob, you need to do lots of it, otherwise your car will blow up, you will be short a lot of cash, then you will come back on here and bitch about it. :rolleyes: