PDA

View Full Version : Good lounge/pub type restaraunts?

bol
04-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey...

I'm looking for some good lounge/pub type restaurants that aren't *too* loud. I won't eat at Joey's and Earl's so I am looking for some more day-to-day type of places to eat.

The cuisine doesn't matter too much, I'm open to trying anything but I am a steak and potatoes kind of guy.

Trying to stay on the cheaper side too...(sub $30/person with a drink or two.)

Melinda
04-05-2005, 01:20 PM
The toad and Turtle up in the North. Cant remember the exact address, but it's right beside a new hooters, I think it's off barlow.

We were there for a friend's birthday last month, huge menu, they have live music playing while we were there and there is 2 sides to the place, a more restaurant part and more of a pub area on the other side. Nice place :)

e_racer
04-05-2005, 01:26 PM
"No name lounge" on 17th SW beside the Mcdonalds.

e_racer
04-05-2005, 01:28 PM
oh sorry there is no food served at the " No Name lounge" just drinks, but there is a Mcdonalds near by! lol

abyss
04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
The King's Head in the south, best ceasar salad I've ever had. Jameson's off 36th in the north is good too, they have a pretty decent menu and aren't too loud.

gggunit
04-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Check out Jack Astors on Macleod Tr S.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jdmakkord
04-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Crush on 12 and 12 DT.

Despair*
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Brewsters down in the Eau Claire area has a pretty decent menu also.

2002civic
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
kilkenny up in brentwood

hockeybronx
04-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by gggunit
Check out Jack Astors on Macleod Tr S.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by 2002civic
kilkenny up in brentwood

Guys, these are two of the loudest resteraunts I've ever been to, 'bol' said he didn't want them to be loud.

I would recommend Seanichies Pub in Westhills. It's an Irish Pub atmosphere with tons of walls so it's nice and quiet and kicked back. They have 9 cent wings on Monday nights, and a pretty good breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu with specials every other day of the week
:thumbsup:

Dope Dealer
04-06-2005, 01:41 AM
Cactus Club

Ben
04-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Crush on 12 and 12 DT.

same place I was going to recommend also.

hampstor
04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
the point and feather down in the SW!! I dont remember the street... but you go south on 14th until you get to that glenmore landing, turn right at the light, and drive until you hit a petro canada (its on the left). It's in that plaza.

also kilkenny in brentwood

futurecivic
04-06-2005, 11:22 AM
jack astors has changed alot it use to be loud but not it is quite nice and quiet

Clever
04-06-2005, 01:59 PM
*cough shameless plug *cough

Blind Monk:thumbsup:
2500 4st SW

Darkane
04-06-2005, 02:02 PM
The Bull and Finch has wicked food in the Bridlewood location.. Nice and quiet.. Only problem is that its in bridlewood and far from everything. laugh

max_boost
04-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Crush is great, very dark though and expensive.
Blind Monk is great too! Both have great atmospheres! :)

Living Room is pretty relaxed too...I was there last weekend with some friends and had a good time.

*RSeXy*

Chiggles
04-07-2005, 03:50 AM
Brewster's is a decent choice, but Cactus Club has an awesome menu. Try their lychee martini. Thought it would be too sweet at first like a pina colada, but it goes down just right.

bol
04-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah I like the Cactus Club a lot. Lots of good suggestions here! Thanks!

HuMz
04-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
The Bull and Finch has wicked food in the Bridlewood location.. Nice and quiet.. Only problem is that its in bridlewood and far from everything. laugh

:werd: except everytime ive went its been almost impossible to find a table its so packed

PGTze
04-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

The only other problem other then being way the hell out there, is it's usually loud as fuck. One of the two times I've been there they had some dj/mc guy yelling into a microphone about god knows what and blasting music as loud as possible.

Most of the people there fall under two types of crowds. Underage kids that don't want to get ID'd, and old 40/50 somethings that want to get hammered for some reason. You will never see so many old people just out of control sloppy anywhere. It's actually pretty entertaining. I even witnessed an old timers wraslin match in the bathroom one time.

Dixons in the south just off Macleod has good food, and pretty good chillin atmosphere, not usually too loud. But some nights it get's pretty packed is the only problem.

Weapon_R
04-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I love the Cactus Club. Its very private, the food is good, and the servers are gorgeous :hitit:

Priced right too - little more than Earls or Joeys, but they serve good stuff. Try the cheesecake.

It's also quiet.

accordboi_02
04-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
the point and feather down in the SW!! I dont remember the street... but you go south on 14th until you get to that glenmore landing, turn right at the light, and drive until you hit a petro canada (its on the left). It's in that plaza.

also kilkenny in brentwood
I second the Point & Feather - great place to go.
It's at the corner of 24 st and 90 Ave.

BokCh0y
04-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I love the Cactus Club. Its very private, the food is good, and the servers are gorgeous :hitit:

Priced right too - little more than Earls or Joeys, but they serve good stuff. Try the cheesecake.

It's also quiet.

and don't forget the washrooms.......seriously, nicest can i've ever been in :D

jdmakkord
04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Wildwood

GucciBoy
04-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by bol
I won't eat at Joey's and Earl's

LMAO - same here dude!!!

Kirbs17
04-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Melrose? the patios awesome. the foods not superb, but the outdoor patio on the cafe side is nice.

Weapon_R
04-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

and don't forget the washrooms.......seriously, nicest can i've ever been in :D

lol no kidding...where else will you take a leak while standing on persian rugs and rest on a leather couch after you're done your business

bol
04-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

It's also quiet.

haha yeah, I love that place. It's probably the only 'regular' place I go to that isn't expensive.

I love the spicy chicken(I usually get it with some rice and veggies as a meal.)

Best bellini's too.

t-im
04-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
Melrose? the patios awesome. the foods not superb, but the outdoor patio on the cafe side is nice.

Food at Melrose is comparable to jailfood :barf:

I have to agree the patio is nice in the summer..good place to stop and get a drink or 2

sputnik
04-11-2005, 02:20 PM
I am a big fan of the "Mad Salmon" at the Cactus Club. Especially if you ask them to toss the beans in the Thai sauce they use on the salmon.

Hakkola
04-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Vicious Circle is really good, I like Ming's on 17th ave a lot as well.

Vicious circle has pool, and really comfortable couches, as well as the best waitress I've ever had.

el_fefes
04-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Conga Room in Stephen Ave