PDA

View Full Version : Ford SVT Tsunami

Gripenfelter
04-06-2005, 12:13 PM
http://www.gearfx.com/temp/detnews/B01-126029_files/wallpaper13_400.jpg
Ford regains performance truck throne with SVT Tsunami

By George P. Burdell / The Detroit News

DEARBORN -- Bigger is definitely better.

Dodge's reign over the performance truck market will be short-lived, as Ford plans to topple the SRT-10 this fall with a bigger, badder contender from SVT that is certainly worthy of the crown. With 512 horsepower and 640 lb.-ft. of pavement-ripping torque, the SVT Tsunami is likely to show the industry who's king after all.

"We paid attention to criticisms of past SVT products, but realize we can't take a one-size-fits-all approach" said Hau Thai-Tang, Ford's director of advanced product creation. "So now we've got the top-of-the-line Tsunami, rounding out the SVT lineup with usable cabin space and race-inspired performance while maintaining the versatility of a work truck."

Based on the Super Duty F-350 platform, the Tsunami is SVT's latest and most outrageous offering yet. But don't dismiss this pretty contractor vehicle as an overweight marketing toy. This truck means serious business and benefits from all of SVT's usual enhancements. Motivated by the familiar 6.8L Triton® SOHC SEFI 30-valve V10 engine, SVT promotes additional thrust with the help of an intercooled supercharger and tuned exhaust. This powerplant, also slated for use in the next generation Lightning, is more than adequate for propelling Ford's largest and heaviest weapon.

An SVT-tuned suspension and larger brakes round out the Tsunami's performance package, and aggressive styling including sculpted sills and a deeper fascia with SVT's trademark round fog lights differentiate the Tsunami from regular F350's. Unique 6-spoke wheels on wide rubber complete the look, giving the Tsunami a menacing stance. Interior appointments include the requisite white-faced gauges and special Alcantara sport seats in front and back, with bright metal trim and carbon-fiber accents to help express the sporting nature of this special Super Duty.

When the Tsunami hits the streets this fall, it will be the most powerful factory-built truck ever and just the kind of flagship vehicle SVT needs to reclaim its position at the top of the performance truck industry. Ford is expected to sell the Tsunami for just $54,795 -- significantly more than the starting price of a base-level F350 Super Duty.

Following next year's arrival of the Shelby Cobra GT500, SVT will launch the Sport Trac Adrenalin -- a sport utility truck based on the next-generation Explorer. The company has also committed to building a Lightning, based on the F-150, while Ford designers and engineers are contemplating an SVT version of the Fusion, Ford's new midsize sedan that will debut this fall alongside the Tsunami.

It's good to be the king.
http://www.gearfx.com/temp/detnews/B01-126029_files/v10_250.jpg

-Matt

EK 2.0
04-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Holy...me likey...

:burnout:
:burnout:

BerserkerCatSplat
04-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm more looking forward to the new Lightning than this... but that's a LOT of power!! :D

DonJuan
04-06-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm sure some retard is gonna have a problem with the name "Tsunami" as 22.3 years have not passed and it isn't allowed to be funny yet (southpark)

C4S
04-06-2005, 02:33 PM
It is funny name "Tsunami" ... :confused:

Many products named "Tsunami" , their names were changed ...

I hope Ford will use a diff name. :(

BumpinTalon
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
its called the tsunami for the sheer power & weight of it I guess, but god damn that is one ugly truck. nice specs, but fuck so ugly. hopefully it will be available in something other then a crewcab.

mo_virgin
04-06-2005, 03:18 PM
^^^^
I Agree... it truly is bastardly ugly.
The SVT concept was much easier on the eyes.

habsfan
04-06-2005, 05:05 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

did i say :barf: ?

and i doubt itll be faster then the srt-10 anyways, not much more hp but obviously a bunch heavier. i dont like it.

Neil4Speed
04-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Nice Truck, but I don't know, I feel its a little distastefull, I guess if it was called the Earthquake/Tornado etc it would be ok (go figure), but its a little too soon.

gromet
04-06-2005, 07:10 PM
:eek:do i see some of the Honda truck in it the front looks like it.:eek:

iceburns288
04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
A supercharged V10?:drool:

Mr. Burns
04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I see nothing wrong with calling it a tsunami. Either way it is butt-ass ugly.

streetarab
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by mrburnsvw
I see nothing wrong with calling it a tsunami. Either way it is butt-ass ugly.
:werd: the name was probably finalized before the tsunami, and in any case, get over it, and it is butt ass ugly, AND FUCKIN HUGE, how do they expect this thing to do anything in the handling department

celica girl
04-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Toyota changed the name of the Tsunami edition celica....

iceburns288
04-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by streetarab

:werd: the name was probably finalized before the tsunami, and in any case, get over it, and it is butt ass ugly, AND FUCKIN HUGE, how do they expect this thing to do anything in the handling department

Yeah, the great thing about the SVT Lightning over the Ram SRT-10 is that the Lightning is (if I'm not mistaken) much smaller and can almost compete even though it's got a lot less power. The F350 is HUGE even though it has a nice engine like this,

heavyD
04-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Not another pickup truck. Another ass-ugly truck to add to all the generic SUV's ........................ Meh. Gasoline prices haven't gone up high enough yet.:banghead:

finboy
04-07-2005, 03:46 PM
FUGLY

JordanEG6
04-07-2005, 11:16 PM
:barf: yuuuuuuk, ugly. im not diggin the wheels or the front bumper at all!

EK 2.0
04-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
:barf: yuuuuuuk, ugly. im not diggin the wheels or the front bumper at all!

most of us will probably never see the front bumper anyway...unless its driving in the opposite direction of us...

Gadgetboy
04-08-2005, 01:50 AM
not really a fan of the looks.
I'm in love with that engine though.
Can't wait to see the new Lightning:bigpimp:

hyperwhite
04-08-2005, 09:24 AM
reminds me of a tow truck version of the crown vic they bastardized for the movie "taxi"

nhlfan
04-09-2005, 01:59 AM
built on an f350 platform with a v10, and ugly as sin, weighs probaly 6000 pounds. yeah thast a recipe for a vehicle people would buy.

GMC Syclone is still untouched as the best performance truck of all time, dont give me any of this v10 bullshit.

cycosis
04-10-2005, 07:00 PM
:bigpimp:

danhharp
04-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Left over April Fool's me thinks.... :poosie:

toyboy88
04-11-2005, 04:58 PM
what i have always thought about ford trucks styling..:barf: :thumbsdow

but this engine: :hitit: :bigpimp:

luderollup
04-20-2005, 12:55 AM
somebody needs to shitpump ford for making such an ugly ass truck... looks like they signed a deal with Tonka

brownchild
05-10-2005, 10:18 PM
u guys are messed man, all trucks look almost the same anyways, this one has a lot of potential. only thing wrong with it is the paint job and, the NASTY FU*KIN wheels.

gorillam
05-11-2005, 12:47 AM
See what a lot of people dont realise about the srt10, it isnt a useable pickup truck. It's not a pickup truck really. You cant use it as one anyways, so what's the point of having it.(and you cannot argue this one, talk to anyone that owns it). I've got a friend with one it's a cali cruzer and that's it. He's got a real truck for work.

Try doing duties in it, doesnt happen, the spoiler gets in the way of anything, you cant tow shit all period. The low pro tires and chrome rims makes you scared to get any scuffs in it, or go over curbs, you cant take it to the construction site, you cant go in the mud.

The tsunami is a completely USEABLE pickup truck no gay spoiler, huuuge towing capacity, and a shitload of power.

2000_SI
06-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

The tsunami is a completely USEABLE pickup truck no gay spoiler, huuuge towing capacity, and a shitload of power.

It may be more usable, and put out some decent power numbers, but it wont sell as well if it looks like crap. Thats just a personal perspective, maybe that thing floats your boat, but I wouldnt buy it....

Canmorite
06-04-2005, 03:32 PM
The wheels have to go, and the back needs to be dropped, but otherwise I like it.

awd
06-05-2005, 03:12 PM
:barf:

I was sick of crucks in 1990.

gorillam
06-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by nhlfan
built on an f350 platform with a v10, and ugly as sin, weighs probaly 6000 pounds. yeah thast a recipe for a vehicle people would buy.

GMC Syclone is still untouched as the best performance truck of all time, dont give me any of this v10 bullshit.

what are you talking about, lightning and srt10 smoke the doors out of that pos syclone truck.

MrPid
06-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Reminds me of a schoolbus...

nhlfan
06-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

what are you talking about, lightning and srt10 smoke the doors out of that pos syclone truck.
and they cost way more, guzzle more gas, etc.

lightning and srt10 are just more powerful. look at the stats, syclone has the performance of a skyline, and is the ultimate peformance truck imo. who wants a 6000lb truck for racing? its retarded.

dino_martini
06-27-2005, 04:52 PM
how the hell is that versitile as a work truck? do they not realise how low the front end is?

seer_claw
06-27-2005, 07:26 PM
If I had this as a work truck the sides and front would be ripped off on the first drive through the mine. Heck even the Chevy Silverado's hit the bottom a lot of the time in the mine where I work. I can only imagine how many rocks I would push with that bumper. :barf:

method
07-07-2005, 06:54 PM
it's not a work truck, its a butchered superduty.

I'd still drive one of those before a hummer or something though :rofl:

nhlfan
07-08-2005, 02:32 AM
all trucks are getting too big. a new ford f-150 is the size of a 350 from 15 years ago, or so it seems. The f-150 has more interior room than my van and both cars put together.

bring back the small truck!

WCC Pieomp
07-13-2005, 10:56 AM
I can't wait to get one even though it'll get 25litre/100k