PDA

View Full Version : Windshield wiper addons

Steel Angel
04-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I saw this product many many years ago, and I'm wondering if they are still available.

They are two small spring clips that can be attached at the base of the wipers. What they do is adds pressure onto the wipers themselves to prevent streaking.

I had a set for my 91 Tercel and they helped me not replace the original wipers for 7-8 years. I have no idea if they are still available or I just have to simply wipe down the blades themselves every week or so to prevent streaks.

Anyone know of this product or seen it somewhere? I haven't had a chance to check Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart or other auto places as yet.

I think I bought them from Wal-Mart last time ...

infected
04-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Isnt there like clip ons you add onto your wipers at megazone and stuff and it's like just a rectangular shaped piece of plastic. Is that what you mean?

Weapon_R
04-06-2005, 09:35 PM
I think they still have them at walmart

Supa Dexta
04-06-2005, 09:51 PM
What were those now ones canadiantire was harping about? Reflex or something? I' heard some good reviews on them, at speed's as well... Also, rainX.. Apply that and combined with a good set of wipers - you should be seeing just dandy... just a little pricey though...

:)

Steel Angel
04-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by infected
Isnt there like clip ons you add onto your wipers at megazone and stuff and it's like just a rectangular shaped piece of plastic. Is that what you mean?

Not quite, but kinda close, they are clips that fit at the base of the wipers, not on the wipers themselves.

Besides, those rectangular shaped plastic pieces looks, imho, kinda cheesy on a car :D

TurboMedic
04-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah, you can get them at canuck tire, NAPA, and I think wally mart

QuasarCav
04-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I know what you are talking about, you could probably find them for free at a wrecking yard.

Icecube
04-09-2005, 06:59 AM
They do not work too well,. I have some and it is not worth the money (5$)