PDA

View Full Version : transfering #'s from one phone to another? Samsung A540

finboy
04-06-2005, 10:53 PM
my buddy's phone has a messed up screen, so he can't access any of the menu options. he wants a new phone, but is there any way to transfer all #'s from one phone to another? or get the numbers off in some way?

phone is a samsung a540

eblend
04-06-2005, 10:55 PM
is that a gms phone or a telus phone

if its gsm and has a sim card, and the phone numbers were saved on the simcard...then just put the simcard into a new phone and off you go, all the numbers stored on there would apprear on new phone. If its a telus phone, ur best bet is to get a data cable and a program that works with the phone and has the phone book feature..so you can download your phone book and then tranfer it to a new phone if its the same phone, or manually reenter all the numbers that you saved to your computer

BebeAphrodite
04-06-2005, 10:59 PM
You need to find someone with transfer cables since I'm assuming that your friend isn't going to get the same phone. Call around to all the Telus dealerships to see who has the transfer cable. I'm not too sure if they need to push any buttons on the phone to do the transfer or if they can do it on the computer.
Usually there's a fee for it.. I think around $15.

finboy
04-07-2005, 12:26 AM