PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy s2000.. info needed

EacydeLude
04-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Does anyone know anthing about the s2000 for sale at Millennium Car & Truck Sales? I was speaking with the guy there and he claimed the car was in a minor accident and the rear quarter panel was re-painted. Just trying to get some info..

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=8288184&pgno=1

Thanks

Primer_Drift
04-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Maybe its just the picture, but the rear RH quarter looks to be a different color than the rest of the car.. I personally wouldnt buy a 40k sportscar that had been in any accident.

QuasarCav
04-07-2005, 01:38 PM
That place is pretty shady to begin with. I would ask for before/after pics. You never know what else has been replaced, it's never as good as factory.

CalgarySupra
04-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
That place is pretty shady to begin with. I would ask for before/after pics. You never know what else has been replaced, it's never as good as factory.

pretty shady? says who?

they are telling you the quarter panel has been repainted. they are atleast telling you. its not like they sold a car and didnt tell you. they told you and hte buyer can do his/her research from there.

ecstasy_civic
04-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I called about that white supra they had a while ago, the guy told me it was a steal, the car was mint and we could go for a rip.

Well, I showed up unexpectedly:D and the car had no battery, it had rust, it was peeling paint, it was in ROUGH shape, and there was absolutley no chance of going for a "rip" lol

Yes, he did his job by getting me down to the dealership, but anyone I talk to from this point on I will discourage them from buying from there.

That and the old guy sneezed on me and didnt even acknowledge he did it, even after I whiped my arm off:thumbsdow

Poor stealership IMO

bennyhanna
04-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

That and the old guy sneezed on me and didnt even acknowledge he did it, even after I whiped my arm off:thumbsdow

Poor stealership IMO

WOW
I Hope you wiped your arm off on him??
:eek:

knees scrapin'
04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
My friend is going to be selling this s2000 for a extremly fair price considering the low km's.
For more info pm me and I will give you his contatct info.
http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=925187

sml
04-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Hey man, bored of the S4 already? haha! Cars are such a drug addiction, you just gotta get more and more & faster and faster!

carzcraz
04-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I actually called about this s2000 a couple of weeks ago and the salesperson did mention that the front bumper and rear RH quarter has been repainted.

Apparently, it has had two previous owners, one of which encountered a shopping cart in the parking lot of a mall - hence the repainted rear RH quarter panel.

Also, he did mention that the rear RH quarter panel color is slightly different from that of the rest of the car. If you zoom the picture in, you will notice that the panel is indeed a grayish color compared to the rest of the car.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

WBB6
04-07-2005, 08:12 PM
I know of a beautiful RED 2000 S2000 that is in MINT condition "low KM" and has a few really nice goodies!

if you are interested please email me: [email protected]

heavyD
04-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by carzcraz
I actually called about this s2000 a couple of weeks ago and the salesperson did mention that the front bumper and rear RH quarter has been repainted.

Apparently, it has had two previous owners, one of which encountered a shopping cart in the parking lot of a mall - hence the repainted rear RH quarter panel.

Also, he did mention that the rear RH quarter panel color is slightly different from that of the rest of the car. If you zoom the picture in, you will notice that the panel is indeed a grayish color compared to the rest of the car.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

That is a horrible paint match. The paint job was obviously done for cheap and will be peeling off within a year. Far too sketchy for $28K + GST. Look for one that hasn't been in an accident.

EacydeLude
05-10-2005, 04:27 PM
I actually had a good look at the s2000 at millenium and thought it was in pretty rough shape. Even aside from the mis-matched quarter panel, the overall quality of the paint was terrible. It was dull, scratched, dented etc. It strikes me that the previous owner(s) did not take care of this vehicle. Not for me.

Originally posted by sml
Hey man, bored of the S4 already? haha! Cars are such a drug addiction, you just gotta get more and more & faster and faster!

haha ya I hear you man. Looks like your done with the pathfinder too and got yourself a B6.. nice! I like my S4, but it's just time for something a little different... thats all.