PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

Jynx
04-07-2005, 02:59 PM
With the NBA playoffs just around the corner, what are your predictions?

Personally i would love to c the heat come out of the east, but i dont think they can get past detroit. Even if they do, i dont think they can beat San Antonio who i feel is coming out of the west..
I think San antonio will win the crown...

any taughts?

bigboom
04-07-2005, 04:18 PM
gotta be SA...no one else has a chance except for Miami but if SA does not get a healthy Duncan back then all bets are on Miami. I doubt Detroit will be able to do it this year...Wallace is no match for Shaq.

toyboy88
04-07-2005, 04:43 PM
my two fav teams...pheonix or miami! :thumbsup:

wildrice
04-07-2005, 04:48 PM
I call pheonix and miami in the finals with Pheonix coming up on top.

PGTze
04-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm goin with Seattle

bigboom
04-07-2005, 05:16 PM
i doubt phoenix can win in the playoffs with their style of play...

RiCE-DaDDy
04-07-2005, 05:48 PM
seattle will make it to the 2nd and lose
pheonix wont reach the finals

Id say SA and houston in the west conf finals

Miami over Det in the east conf finals

houston is is my sleeper pick to make it

Komplekshun
04-07-2005, 06:12 PM
LOL@ rice daddies sig... thats the dopest thing i've ever seen.

as for playoff predictions?

i think the heat/pacers are coming out of the east

and... kings/spurs/nuggets out of the west

ca2p3r
04-07-2005, 06:17 PM
shity picks 4 west...
spurs will face the nuggets in the first round, winner will face - winner of kings series ...
i say spurs vs miami
4 - 0 finals miami shaq said he would bring it home on live tv
:poosie:

Jynx
04-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
shity picks 4 west...
spurs will face the nuggets in the first round, winner will face - winner of kings series ...
i say spurs vs miami
4 - 0 finals miami shaq said he would bring it home on live tv
:poosie:

OKAI i love the heat, but theirs no one in hell their gonna sweep the spurs...
i dont think its possible

Miami is by far my favorite team in the league but i just cant c them getting through detroit for some reason..

Chester
04-07-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm gonna go with Miami. I'm so happy that the Lakers are not going to make the playoffs.

accordboi_02
04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Chester
I'm gonna go with Miami. I'm so happy that the Lakers are not going to make the playoffs.
:werd:
That fact alone has already made this a great NBA year for me. Kobe always was and always will be a bitch; he's never going to win on his own, he needs someone else so he can ride their coattails.

max_boost
04-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Kobe Bryant......ahhhh it's great to see his team miss the playoffs. Had they kept Shaq and got rid of Kobe, the Lakers would be in the playoffs. Is it just me or is Kobe just a good player? No longer the force/super star. haha

Phoenix vs Miami in the Finals

Coin flip, 7 games.

I love the way the Suns play, run and gun to perfection.

mo_virgin
04-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I want pacers to go to at least the conference finals after the horrific year the've had and with Reggie retiring and all. Also going with houston as another sleeper.

In the end though its hard to deny miami, although wade is getting to cocky for his own good ( who does he think he is? Lebron? )

Jynx
04-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
I want pacers to go to at least the conference finals after the horrific year the've had and with Reggie retiring and all. Also going with houston as another sleeper.

In the end though its hard to deny miami, although wade is getting to cocky for his own good ( who does he think he is? Lebron? )

Wade is not gettin cocky at all, hes one of the most modest players in the league..
I definetly dont wanna c my miami heat up against the pacers, for some reason the heat just cant beat them...

KLCC
04-07-2005, 11:19 PM
I am a BIG supporter of YAO....so I say Houston...no if and but...

Jynx
04-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by KLCC
I am a BIG supporter of YAO....so I say Houston...no if and but...
I love the rockets, i definetly think they could disturb shit in the west, but without howard their not the same team.
They would be lucky 2 get out of the first round.

saiyajin
04-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Chester

hahah yesss im always happy when i see the lakers post another loss and its a celebration that they arent in the playoffs
and plus the cavaliers and the babybulls and the wizards are in the playoffs is just frickin amazing :thumbsup:

Darkenergy
04-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Im pulling for the weakest team, go Bulls. If they make one round it'll be amazing.

Xtrema
04-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Love to see the Heat takes so it rubs into Kobe's face some more.

bigboom
04-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Jynx

Wade is not gettin cocky at all, hes one of the most modest players in the league..
I definetly dont wanna c my miami heat up against the pacers, for some reason the heat just cant beat them...

apparently you havent been following wade very well...he is VERY cocky. he just isnt blatantly obvious about it like kobe, but wade is no where near as modest as people make him out to be.

Ajay
04-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Heat and Suns in the final. I say seven games and each one will be tight. Think it'll be a good playoffs just like last year's NHL playoffs and then they'll probably cancel the next season cause the NBA's CBA is up as well! :nut:

eb0i
04-08-2005, 03:20 PM
I like the Rockets to take it since I'm a big fan of Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. But also I like the Suns. I have never been a big fan of Shaq though, so boo to the heat!

Komplekshun
04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Kobe Bryant >>> Pick a player

Singel
04-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Komplekshun
Kobe Bryant >>> Pick a player

No. Kobe Bryant<<<<<<<Herpes

The Suns should outscore everyone except maybe San Antonio 4 out of 7 games...Spurs Suns would be an interesting series. Heat will come out of East and win it all

mo_virgin
04-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Kobe Bryant &gt;&gt;&gt; Pick a player

Kobe<Vince Carter

Bwahahhaah... just kidding... i hate that fag even more than i hate Kobe.

I really do hope houston does well.

Jynx
04-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by bigboom

apparently you havent been following wade very well...he is VERY cocky. he just isnt blatantly obvious about it like kobe, but wade is no where near as modest as people make him out to be.

Naw man apparently you havnt been following wade very well...he doesnt have a big head at all, the only time he gets remotely cocky is when someone tries to push him around (ie. Kobe Bryant in the last miami/lal game.)

bigboom
04-09-2005, 10:30 AM

Naw man apparently you havnt been following wade very well...he doesnt have a big head at all, the only time he gets remotely cocky is when someone tries to push him around (ie. Kobe Bryant in the last miami/lal game.)

have you been reading a lot of what he says? he may seem very mild mannered...but when he talks to reporters and gets interviewed he is really quite cocky, he has a right to be but its wrong when people say wade is not cocky...he just isnt like kobe.

Jynx
04-09-2005, 12:05 PM
I'll agree with you on that, he definetly doesnt show humility when he speaks, but i duno if i can personaly go as far as saying hes cockyy... either way its all good

bigboom
04-09-2005, 01:09 PM
I'll agree with you on that, he definetly doesnt show humility when he speaks, but i duno if i can personaly go as far as saying hes cockyy... either way its all good

wade is confident in his abilities...lets put it that way :)
hell id be more confident if i had shaq to dump the ball to in the middle and create lanes for me to run ;)

DEREK57
04-12-2005, 01:55 PM
If TD is back and healthy then SA will always be a #1 contender. Also I think Pheonix can make it to the second round, but theyre style of play is not good in the playoffs, and I doubt they can make it to the finals. Houston actually looks quite good, they could make a run for the finals.

In the East, please God anyone but the Heat. I think Boston should do pretty well, at least make it to the semi's, and though I want Payton to retire a failure, I might have to cheer for them.

Jynx
04-12-2005, 09:41 PM
The heat deserve to win man
look at their season, look at how much the role players have stepped up
If anyone deserves a title more than the spurs do, its the miami heat.

Komplekshun
04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
As far as Im concerned, The Pacers are the only team other than miami and the pistons with a legit shot at the finals.

In the west, if duncan comes back, its a wrap. Other than that, its anyones court. Dallas is actually playing Defense, and the McNuggets are playin up to there potential.

Someone else said something about the rockets? fair assessment.

Playoffs should be good this year.

Oh yeah, and

Kobe >>>>> Your Favorite Player

RiCE-DaDDy
04-13-2005, 01:34 PM
^ haha? pacers? dont make me laugh

reggie awesome, but the pacers aint going anywhere

bigboom
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
^ haha? pacers? dont make me laugh

reggie awesome, but the pacers aint going anywhere

werd...i doubt indy will go anywhere int he playoffs, unless j'oneal comes back

Komplekshun
04-13-2005, 03:11 PM
the pacers play defense. they got jax, J.O. and miller.

if they had Crazy Ron-Ron, they'd be in the ECF.

Plus this team HAS playoff experience, which the bulls, celtics, wizards and cavs dont have.

Pacers will be in the 2nd round. Quote me.

DEREK57
04-14-2005, 06:10 PM

Kobe &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Your Favorite Player

Uhhhh.....You have seen the team he has....and his record, no??

menace3
04-18-2005, 10:02 AM
for the east Miami

for the west san antonio. I like Pheonix to win but lack of experience.

rage2
04-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Houston! Yao! YELLOW POWER!

Their last 2 months' performance have been really good, totally agree with the possible sleeper team!

mo_virgin
04-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Man... the cavs better win a game. I hate the nets so much.

saiyajin
04-18-2005, 06:05 PM
^ :werd: :werd: come on i want the cavs in the playoffs :banghead:

menace3
04-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
Man... the cavs better win a game. I hate the nets so much.

yeah me too. CAVS can make it.

DEREK57
04-19-2005, 01:40 PM
:banghead: Looks like the Cavs are gonna miss the playoffs, and Wince Carter is gonna get a shot.

The only people dumber than Babcock and the Raptors management, are the idiots on the Cavs who decided to fire Paul Silas.

gggunit
04-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Boston or Philly are gonna win it.

mo_virgin
04-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
Boston or Philly are gonna win it.

Your kidding right? Look... i love the celtics, peirce, walker
... but they don't have a chance, and neither does philly, Even if iverson does score 55 points a game.

habsfan
04-20-2005, 08:16 AM
here's to hoping the nets lose to the celtics in their final game and the cavs beat the raptors. i really dont want to see mr injury in the post season :guns:

menace3
04-20-2005, 08:47 AM
^^^Cavs should win tonight, and nets should lose to celtics. i hear you man i hate that mr.injury although i like Jason kidd.

ca2p3r
04-20-2005, 01:43 PM
i hope t.o lets the cavs win :devil:
fuck vc!

gggunit
04-20-2005, 02:15 PM
People are dawgging Vince for no reason.. he's the only superstar that actually stayed in Toronto where as everyone else asked out right away or didnt even wanna come up north..

Props to Carter for sticking in T.O as long as he did ..

look at him now. :eek:

ca2p3r
04-20-2005, 02:19 PM
hes washed up

and a lazy, injury-prone bum

gggunit
04-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
my two fav teams...pheonix or miami! :thumbsup:

Sure they are.. bandwagon jumpers :rofl: .... you must have loved them when the Sun's had Dan Majerle :rofl:

what team is winning in football.. oh there my favorite team too

u4ia
04-20-2005, 02:24 PM
as much as everyone hates vc, the guy's put up huge numbers since going to new jersey and has given them a chance at the playoffs after a bad start. at 27.4ppg since going to NJ, that would rank him 2nd in the league in scoring. i know there are a ton of reasons to hate the guy, but all the ppl who were so sure he was washed up are obviously wrong. gotta give credit where it's due.

that being said, i hope phoenix or miami take it because watching TD (as great as he is) do his thing puts me to sleep. :)

ca2p3r
04-20-2005, 02:30 PM
i used to like vince, untill i saw what hes capable to do in jersey

his lack of effort, and lazy work-ethic in toronto disgusts me :barf:

u4ia
04-20-2005, 02:42 PM
ca2p3r:

shaq is also a lazy (shows up to training camp overweight) and injury prone bum (> 70 games played in less than half of his seasons in the NBA). but no one really rags on him for that now do they..

and as i said earlier.. let's stick with the facts here, he is not washed up, 27.4ppg is not washed up, no matter how much you hate him. :) sure his attitude could be better, but a ton of other guys in the league have shitty attitudes as well. i mean.. right after vc said he wasn't trying his hardest in toronto, t-mac agreed with him that he's occasionally slacked as well. where's the big fuss over what t-mac said? it's obviously a lot easier to find things wrong with a guy when you already hate him.

ca2p3r
04-20-2005, 02:48 PM
:dunno: :werd: :whocares:

u4ia
04-20-2005, 02:49 PM
i agree with the lack of effort and laziness in toronto, but that was really only after the team's big decline, and after the whole GM mess. you can't say he's been lazy during the other 6 seasons he spent in toronto though. without him, the raptors would have relocated to the US just like the grizz.

u4ia
04-20-2005, 02:51 PM
sorry dude, not trying to rag on you or anything, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. :thumbsup:

Komplekshun
04-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Vince Carter > Jay's & Raptors

ca2p3r
04-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by u4ia
sorry dude, not trying to rag on you or anything, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. :thumbsup:

not at all man, u had a good point. my hate for the guy reflects my opinons on him now in NJ

menace3
04-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
People are dawgging Vince for no reason.. he's the only superstar that actually stayed in Toronto where as everyone else asked out right away or didnt even wanna come up north..

Props to Carter for sticking in T.O as long as he did ..

look at him now. :eek:

exactly when he was in T.O he was always injured. now in the Nets he plays well thats because he doesnt want to be in T.O that guy will injure his self if he doesnt like to play for a team.

accord823
04-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Chicago all the way man
:D

u4ia
04-20-2005, 06:03 PM
he wasn't exactly always injured in TO.. out of his 7 seasons there, he only missed more than 20 games in 2 of those. it's just that it happened more towards the end of his tenure there, so that's all people remember about him. and when you think about it, one of the reasons why he got injured is the same thing that made him famous. you can't dunk forever, or you're bound to get hurt.

and let's not forget that damon stoudamire, marcus camby and t-mac all left toronto before him. i don't see why it's so bad that he wanted to leave toronto in the end, and no one says anything about the previous stars that have left the raptors considering he did stay the longest in the end.

RiCE-DaDDy
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Vince is a baby

yea true, props to him that he put TO on the map, but his slacking off on purpose makes everything worse.

you can't compare him to shaq cause shaq is a legit MVP every year while carter is just another good player.

stoudamire, camby were all traded based on decisions by the management not because they wanted to leave.

oh well, the nets will get swept by the heat...

DEREK57
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Ya, Shaq is a whole different deal. Basically he just pushes everyone over so he doesnt have to try. But the thing about Shaq is he goes out there and produces every time he can.

In his last year and a half in TO Vince just sat around the outside throwing up shots. He wouldnt bother to drive, and it was absolutely obvious he wasnt giving it 100%. I mean Babcock may be stupid, but hes not stupid enough to trade away a willing All-Star for 2 scrubs, a contract to buy out, and some draft picks. Oh plus he probably tipped off the opponant on one or more Raps games, all this after the franchise invested so much in him....they even gave his mom special parking spaces, something I dont think any other team has done.

Bron deserves to be in the playoffs...:dunno:

Ah well, I cant wait to see Wade make Carter look like the lazy, over-hyped fool he is....:thumbsup:

saiyajin
04-20-2005, 09:49 PM
GAHHHHHHHHHH the Cavs arent in the playoffs and the Nets are thats gay shit
albeit they had a nice playoff run i really wanted to see the Cavs in the playoffs :banghead:

u4ia
04-20-2005, 11:00 PM
i'm not comparing vince to shaq as players, just commenting on the whole lazy and injury prone thing. obviously shaq is the only perennial MVP candidate in the league, and i love the fact he went and took miami to #1 in the east and exposed kobe as a punk. :) best thing that's happened all year..

rice-daddy:
actually only camby was a management decision.. everyone else wanted to leave. hence the booing mighty mouse and t-mac receive in toronto..

derek57:
it's well known that shaq does not give it his all every time he steps on the court. he has a ton of quotes about turning it up when it matters, in the playoffs, on his birthday, or whatever special occasion there is. while he may still be a destroyer without really trying, it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't always give 100%.

but yeah.. while jersey's gonna get killed by miami, vc got them to the playoffs and the cavs got fucked. does this mean vc is better than lebron? absolutely not, but he isn't washed up like everyone makes him out to be. wade's a great player but i dunno about him making vc look like a fool. if anything, vc's made the whole league look like fools lighting them up the way he has since joining NJ.. should be a fun series to watch.

it might look like vc is my favourite player or something, but he's not. just pointing out that people are wrong about him being washed up, like i don't see why so many ppl find it hard to at least admit the guy is doing well now. the numbers don't lie. i mean.. i hate kobe, but the guy is still putting up great numbers and i don't feel any need to diss him about how bad he sucks or that he's washed up without shaq.

menace3
04-21-2005, 08:35 AM
its up to wade and oneal to sweep up vince.

DEREK57
04-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Well anyone who says he isnt skilled is stupid. He is a punk however.

Oh and IMO Kobe does suck...at least more than people thought.

u4ia
04-21-2005, 06:02 PM
not as much of a punk as kobe though.. i think kobe is the one guy in the league that no one really wants to play with as a teammate. hope jerry buss is happy now. :)