PDA

View Full Version : FS: 86 Camaro

AllGoNoShow
04-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Howdy all, well I have run out of funds to get this thing going and run into more bills which I have to pay off before its too late, so this thing has to go.

86 Camaro with 2.8l v6
New Ignition components
New Fuel Pump, Fuel Pump Relay, and wiring.
New CD deck
Near perfect interior, one small hole in driver seat and no driver side seat belt guide on headrest.
Body is straight and has a bit of rust.

The most major rust spot is the rear 1/4 panel and I have quotes for new panels if the purchaser would rather do that. Once I get this thing back to my house, I will also be doing some of the bodywork, mainly focusing on that larger spot as the smaller ones any do-it-yourselfer, can do. I could also throw in some Sandable primer and bodyfiller I bought but haven't used.

New ignition includes the following:
Rotor
Cap
Wires
Plugs
Ignition Control Module
Pickup

New hoodspring has been installed since the last one has had its days. Still needs new struts though, haven't been able to pick some up yet.

What is wrong? Well it won't start right now. When we had time and money, we just about had it running, the timing seemed a little off, but the day was done, we locked it up and came back a few days later to work on it and it wouldn't start. The fuel guage is off so as far as I know it could just need some fuel so I am going to take 2 jugs over and drop them in and try again but if that doesn't work then thats about all I know.

The mechanic I had working on it said the enw control module might have been a faulty one but we are swamped so he hasnt had the time to do a check on it for me for free :(

It will need a new exhuast as we ripped the old rusty one out when doing the Fuel Pump and such. We are definatly getting fuel pressure now. All the old compents of everything are included. Along with a Chilton and Hanyes manual for the car.

I can probably get a cheap exhuast job done on the car after you buy it through work with discounted pricing to help you out, and if you paid for the work through the shop, I could probably get you discount on any new parts ordered if you pay the labour rate at full.

New waterpump gasket is there but not sealed right so it would need adjusting the fix the slow leak it has. Reason, chekcing the timing chain behind it so I threw the new gasket on when reisntalling and was going to quick. Replacement gasket is $3 I think if this new one is screwed.

There is a new battery in there, might need a little charge since its been sitting for awhile but it should still be good. 2 new headlights on there so all 4 work now, and work well at that. Also have oil and oil filter just haven't had a chance to do the change yet, will throw that in aswell.

Basically with that said and done, $550 dollars worth of new parts have been thrown on this car so now it just needs some dedicated mechanic work and it should be good to go!

Includes jack and spare tire, all rims have the outer polished lips on there. Would need 2 new tires once running after a month probably, could get discount on purchase of tires if they wanted them right away.

Glass is all good, and also has the handy hatch release and pull down so you don't break the hatch glass when shutting it.

Pictures will be in the following posts.

Looking for $1300 for all the new/old parts/car. May also be able to get it towed or pulled to your house for free if you were doing the work yourself.

If you don't want to buy it but want to harass, go banter somewhere else, only INTERESTED people here.

AllGoNoShow
04-07-2005, 04:25 PM

AllGoNoShow
04-07-2005, 04:26 PM

AllGoNoShow
04-07-2005, 04:28 PM

171xxxkm
That is not the CD deck currently installed although I still have that original deck aswell.

AllGoNoShow
04-07-2005, 04:29 PM

AllGoNoShow
04-07-2005, 04:30 PM

The wet spot you see is just water, it isnt there anymore and doesnt leak anymore, was sealed and repaired so no more leakage of the windsheild, tested throughly to make sure aswell.

AllGoNoShow
04-07-2005, 04:31 PM

AllGoNoShow
04-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Price isn't firm

Auto if you couldn't tell
171xxx km (low milage for some of these cars)
EX Cop surviellence car
Clean record from carfax
Comfy Intertior

Makes a perfect student or communiter car, looks good but doesnt guzzle gas for people who can't afford or don't want as much power as v8. The 2.8 is still enough to get you tickets, and lots of them.

Need this thing gone so I can pickup Dave's Jag :)

AllGoNoShow
04-11-2005, 11:23 PM
bump

AllGoNoShow
04-13-2005, 01:35 PM
bump

AllGoNoShow
04-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Removed from Market, time for 350 swap to begin

:closed:

Shelby_Daytona
04-25-2005, 12:11 AM
"DSM's are just like swinging a bat in a china shop. The faster you go the more shit you break"

hahahaha so true

AllGoNoShow
04-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Just found it ;)

AllGoNoShow
06-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Ok, needed wheels so I got another car.

New update is this thing needs a new bottom end which means good for do it yourselfers or guys who want to swap an engine in but still be fuel effcient at the same time.

I will provide a ton of information for 2.8L to 3.4L swap, junkyard #'s, URLs to other people have done it, everythign you basically need, has taken some less then a weekend to complete, why didn't I do it? ALL my tools are at work except my buddies hoist, needed a running car ASAP, wanted a v8 in the first place.

I need this thing gone, Looking for $900, has around $600 in new parts, quoted $1600 from Cetus for a fully rebuilt 2.8L using this core, which basically puts this thing at brand new condition for engine minus a few reused parts.

The underbody has very little rust suprisingly, I wish I took pictures when it was on the hoist, very good for a 19 year old car.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM/Email me

just so you know, all the new ignition and fuel work on a 3.4 if you decide to do that swap, which means not only will you have a new engine if you rebuild it or find another, you will have a new rebuilt ignition and new fuel system which should last you another 19 years, some of which compentents didnt even need to be replaced, but we did anyways.

AllGoNoShow
06-11-2005, 09:33 PM
bumpity

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2005, 07:10 AM
bump

Another guy who totalled his 90 Camaro also has all the motor mounts, engine, trann,y everything you will need to get this thing v8'd quickly and cheaply, will give you all that info if you decide on that aswell.

AllGoNoShow
07-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Thought about it, a guy called me looking to do a swap on the Camaro so if you are planning that and are thinking, damn $900 is a little expensive, I will take the V6 ignition and a few other things out and sell them seperate and drop the price down as you won't be using those anyways, so it will bring the cars price down and make it more appealing to you.

Christianl
07-02-2005, 08:47 PM
k so now Im a lil confused, Im interested in the Camaro as a daily driver, and would like to have it as an auto V6 2.8L so I was wondering what I need to do to get that running, because I am in Edmonton

AllGoNoShow
07-03-2005, 08:33 PM
You won't be able to drive it home the same day. If you read it it needs a new bottom end, just incase you don't know what that is. Either crank, or the mains let go, or are loose/stripped etc... so unless you have a garage to work on down here and know what your doing, you won't be able to drive it home.

AllGoNoShow
07-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Bump, blew the rearend up in the Regal and don't think I will be keeping this as a winter beater/winter project for the 350, spending to mcuh on the 350 jsut to throw it in another car.

Make me some offers!

$500 for no v6 ignition and will make sure all fuses, lights and shit work, there i sno battery anymore either *put it in the regal* but I can get you a discount on good batteries if you are interested.

$800 for all the V6 stuff, just need new bottom end*rebuild* or if u got an old v6 lying around owuld drop in for a good student/winter car.