PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the best brand of subwoffers.(Poll)

GoFastOrSuck
04-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Whats the best subwoofer brand??:thumbsup:

pyro
04-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Rockford:thumbsup:

thinmyster
04-08-2005, 02:27 PM
1 alpine 10 type R Inclosed box.. no compliants here

Weapon_R
04-08-2005, 02:29 PM
This is impossible to answer. Every manufacturer listed makes subs that range from $30 to no defined limit. Obviously, each have their pros and cons.

For an all-around solid manufacturer, i'd go with Alpine.

BumpinTalon
04-08-2005, 02:49 PM
there are so many considerations to take into account when choosing a sub, this question is impossible to accurately answer... I voted PG just because I had good experiences with them. Subs are not one-size-fits-all.. if you want a good system, you really really need to do a lot of looking into what you want out of your subs, the space, the power, the vehicle, ...

Honda_002
04-08-2005, 04:10 PM
computer subs?
:confused:

euro_racer
04-08-2005, 04:11 PM
1 15inch alpine type r here, very satisfied

SWX
04-08-2005, 10:05 PM
I vote MTX because they have something for everyone at a good price. Last year just so everyone is aware RF had a problem with P1,P2 and even the P3 line the cone would crack if you touched it or it got cold. JL is too over priced and PG who needs lights in there subs? that IMO is stupid. and Alpine is bad sounding on every level again IMO.

GoFastOrSuck
04-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah One guy said that he used computer subs

shakalaka
04-18-2005, 03:05 PM
No Rockford in your poll?? Weird!

Nalgene
04-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I like Rockford, but I heard Alpine was good. Have no experience though :(

spike98
04-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Adire Audio
Beyond Audio
Image Dynamics
Digital Designs
MbQuart
JL Audio
Elemental Designs
Focal

All of these manuf. are top notch. Some for SPL, some for SQ. The best subwoofer in the world is the one that meets your budget, application, power, and space limitations

A car is only as fast as its driver. I have heard installs with low end gear sound amazing and i have also heard thousands of dollars worth of equipment sound like complete ass.

If you are looking for a sub post up the answers to some questions:

Application : SQ(sound quality) or SPL(loudness)

Power: How much you have or what your electrical system can hadle. (somewhat linked to budget)

Budget: Self Explanitory

Space Limitations: Is a small box needed? Can you go ported or sealed?

I run MbQuart refrence subs in my truck (4-12") and MANY people say they suck, blah blah this is better, but it took me a long time to pick these and they match perfectly to what i needed and after being installed properly, they sound amazing. IMO they are the best woofers i have ever purchased.

That.Guy.S30
04-20-2005, 04:44 PM
^^ this guy knows what he is talking about.

im a sq guy so focals would do it for me with some mcintosh amps.

94ntegls
04-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Rockford or Alpine for best everything, can get expensive but well worth the money in the end.

vcteggy
04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I got 2 kicker comp vr's and i'm loving them

BumpinTalon
04-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 94ntegls
Rockford or Alpine for best everything, can get expensive but well worth the money in the end.

No
Just no. Like what the hell. Not even close.

spike98
04-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

No
Just no. Like what the hell. Not even close.

Thats what i was thinking i just could post fast enough because i was at aww of that persons ignorance.

Phat_Tercel_YO!
04-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by spike98
Adire Audio
Beyond Audio
Image Dynamics
Digital Designs
MbQuart
JL Audio
Elemental Designs
Focal

All of these manuf. are top notch. Some for SPL, some for SQ. The best subwoofer in the world is the one that meets your budget, application, power, and space limitations

A car is only as fast as its driver. I have heard installs with low end gear sound amazing and i have also heard thousands of dollars worth of equipment sound like complete ass.

If you are looking for a sub post up the answers to some questions:

Application : SQ(sound quality) or SPL(loudness)

Power: How much you have or what your electrical system can hadle. (somewhat linked to budget)

Budget: Self Explanitory

Space Limitations: Is a small box needed? Can you go ported or sealed?

I run MbQuart refrence subs in my truck (4-12") and MANY people say they suck, blah blah this is better, but it took me a long time to pick these and they match perfectly to what i needed and after being installed properly, they sound amazing. IMO they are the best woofers i have ever purchased.

Add Resonant Engineering to that list, and I think that is the perfect car audio shopping spree!

BumpinTalon
04-21-2005, 09:50 PM
resonant engineering makes the most godlike set of midbass drivers in car audio right now, that is for certain. their subs have a great tone too them as well... its a shame they don't have more recognition :D

ninspeed
04-24-2005, 07:47 PM
avi or concept

spike98
04-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Those XXX mids are retarded, the have more linear excursion than my friggin subs.

npham
04-26-2005, 05:28 PM
SI doesnt make the list either? Worst poll options ever....unless spike98's suggestions get in there some how, I vote computer subs.....What about JBL? a 6-pack of Funky Pups? Treo? Damn those overpriced mainstream subs.

menace3
04-26-2005, 05:41 PM
JL 3w's

theken
04-26-2005, 06:07 PM
my w7