PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel w/AIRBAG, cruise control..how easy to remove?

ND4SPD_HS
04-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Steering wheel w/AIRBAG, cruise control..how easy to remove?
Did anyone had a step-by-step procedure on this? HELP :eek:

jvillain
04-09-2005, 08:14 AM
The first question is why would you want to? It is against the law.

There is a steering wheel swap howto over at MR2OC that covers this. You can do a search. I think it is in the interior section. Keep in mind though that those things are really dangerous. I have seen a demo of one being triggered outside of a car and it is a bomb.

If you do get it out don't chuck it. Those things are worth good money.

ND4SPD_HS
04-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by jvillain
The first question is why would you want to? It is against the law.

There is a steering wheel swap howto over at MR2OC that covers this. You can do a search. I think it is in the interior section. Keep in mind though that those things are really dangerous. I have seen a demo of one being triggered outside of a car and it is a bomb.

If you do get it out don't chuck it. Those things are worth good money.

Just got across this link. some stories about the "OLD High pressure AIRBAG" from MK2's.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=10526&page=3&pp=30&highlight=steering+swap

ehos
04-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey man :)

This is one job for a mechanic. Let them worry about that stuff. Airbags and tires are the only things I don't do at home.

And you only need an airbag to pass OOP, other than that, no one is going to ticket you for not having airbags.

Redlyne_mr2
04-10-2005, 04:35 PM
I wonder how safe these old airbags even are?

stealth
04-11-2005, 09:03 PM
i seen some explode at school.

i rather have no airbag.

scarry shit.

jvillain
04-11-2005, 09:24 PM
If I had an airbag I would keep it.