PDA

View Full Version : i want to drift in my Integra

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 05:59 AM
any tips hahah i kno its hard to drift in a honda HAHA
n no i dont wanna buy a 240 or something

vietdood
04-09-2005, 06:47 AM
drive really fast, turn sharp, pull ebrake, and countersteer.

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 08:04 AM
i'll hit a tree or something HAHAHAH

streetarab
04-09-2005, 08:31 AM
this thread is pretty stupid, really stupid
:closed:

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 08:43 AM
yea i was bored

Importworld
04-09-2005, 09:06 AM
You will never be able to drift as well as a rwd vehicle unless you plan on spending some big bucks to convert your fwd into rwd. Like mentioned you can drive really fast and pull the hand brake, but that's more fish tailing than drifting (really fun in the snow). Good luck, keeps us posted on what you plan to do.

Hash_man
04-09-2005, 09:14 AM
You can drift... its all in how you set up the car... Falken has a FWD EF civic which they are going to put in the drift curcuit for this year, and no he doesn't need to use the e-brake to drift.

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah that ef is crazy, and drifting in snow is fun HAHAH
But on the road is super hard

toyboy88
04-09-2005, 09:16 AM
or you can do something they did on tuner transformation...

put those sheet metal things under your back wheels and do the sharp turn, plus e-brake...you'll look cooler with sparks flyin' high :D lol :thumbsup:

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 09:26 AM
waht kind of set would u need to drift in a fwD?

JordanEG6
04-09-2005, 09:50 AM
adjust camber, buy drift suspension and advan drift tires....and most importantly...learn to drift. :thumbsup:

kaput
04-09-2005, 09:56 AM

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 09:58 AM
LOL

SAiamNE
04-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Drifting in a FWD = Complete gayness!!!!:poosie:
Makes it even worse that it's an Acura or Honda.. :barf:

finboy
04-09-2005, 10:19 AM
you should think about paining that front bumper

Toms-SC
04-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I can't help but to laugh at how pathetic this thread is.

With that being said, consider McDonalds trays under your front tires.

vcteggy
04-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

you put them under the back not the front, if you put them under the front you won't go anywhere

A790
04-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by vcteggy

you put them under the back not the front, if you put them under the front you won't go anywhere

Part of drifting involves actually moving, hahahahaha.

VIP_style
04-09-2005, 12:01 PM

HAHA I've done this before in my old pulsar a while back, it's actually so much fun- just make sure you do it in a big parking lot, just to be safe

buh_buh
04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
I can't believe there's so many serious responses about drifting a fwd car.:thumbsdow

heavyD
04-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SAiamNE
Drifting in a FWD = Complete gayness!!!!:poosie:
Makes it even worse that it's an Acura or Honda.. :barf:

Sort of right:

Drifting in any car = Complete gayness!!!!:poosie:

Hey look at me turn sideways. Woweeee!!! Worst automotive fad EVAR!:guns:

Honda_002
04-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Sort of right:

no way man if you had any idea how much skill you need you would respect it

heavyD
04-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Honda_002

Hacky sac takes skill also. Should I respect hacky sac boys?

Respecting a drifter would be the equivalent of respecting a a civic owner who just spent $5000 on a body kit, spoiler, fart can muffler, neon lights, etc. so his 130 hp car looks fast. If it looks like rice, tastes like rice, must be ......:closed:

jasonybu
04-09-2005, 03:24 PM

Sort of right:

I agree, what is this hazard county. Where's Daisy.:thumbsdow

jasonybu
04-09-2005, 03:27 PM

skill to drift? try a gravel road in your front drive at 200kmh. that takes skill, if you want to live or atleast not kill some body else.

Skyline_Addict
04-09-2005, 03:30 PM
i think pro drifting (which really takes skill) is really fun to watch and i think of it more of an art than anything.

but it is definetely not a practical means of "racing" or anything and only certain cars are adept to doing it (NOT FWD 99.99% of the time. it's just something for show, and if you try doing it in your stock integra you are not cool.

sputnik
04-09-2005, 03:32 PM
step one... get two trays from mcdonalds or your favourite food court

schurchill39
04-09-2005, 03:37 PM
step two... find a brick wall, drive head on and try to avoid it without using your breaks. Once you master that you win!

Honda_002
04-09-2005, 07:21 PM

Hacky sac takes skill also. Should I respect hacky sac boys?

Respecting a drifter would be the equivalent of respecting a a civic owner who just spent $5000 on a body kit, spoiler, fart can muffler, neon lights, etc. so his 130 hp car looks fast. If it looks like rice, tastes like rice, must be ......:closed:

ok you little panzi
take your car to the track and see if you can do what the pro's like ken gushi do. Then we will talk

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 07:54 PM
:drama:

7thgenvic
04-09-2005, 07:57 PM
i once put mc.d trays under my back tires, locked my e brake and went crazy, but that was in a icy parking lot!

but on pavement! its like trying to run with a broken leg! you'll just look like an idiot in pain!

Honda_002
04-09-2005, 07:58 PM
^hahah nice
always wanted to try that

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 07:59 PM
people r getting mad at this forum....plz close!:closed:

Honda_002
04-09-2005, 08:01 PM
people arent getting mad, people just think that they are great and will suddenly get into a car and drift perfectly around a track because it takes no skill.

not much fighting here
just stupidity

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 08:03 PM
i just think drifting is really coollll, but i wouldnt try it HAHAH
maybe in winter :thumbsup:

s dime
04-09-2005, 08:14 PM
HAHAHA :thumbsdow :closed:

Honda_002
04-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by s dime
HAHAHA :thumbsdow :closed:
lol
that made me laugh

Skyline_Addict
04-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy

please don't ever try it...

Honda_002
04-09-2005, 08:52 PM
and if you do
make sure there are plenty of poles around and your doing at least 60 km/s

makes you look like a P.I.M.P:bigpimp:

Kamen
04-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Please, don't do it. For the safety of everyone else, not so much yourself. And not ever in an Integra. :thumbsdow to this thread

v2kai
04-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
i think pro drifting (which really takes skill) is really fun to watch and i think of it more of an art than anything.

but it is definetely not a practical means of "racing" or anything and only certain cars are adept to doing it (NOT FWD 99.99% of the time. it's just something for show, and if you try doing it in your stock integra you are not cool.

just a thought and all, since everyone else is putting in their two cents....pro drifting is an art and takes a lot of skill. it's fun to watch and see how well a driver can control and know their car...as for doing it yourself there are many different techniques to initiate a drift for both front wheel and rear wheel drive cars (more for rear wheel), weight shifting using brakes, downshifting, ebrake technique, having the proper car setup is a big part of it, and correct me if i'm wrong but it is actually a useful racing technique...rally drivers use it a fair bit.

gen2teggy
04-09-2005, 09:15 PM
:burnout:

frozenrice
04-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Though drifting isn't that big of a deal to me, I'd rather watch that than drag racing. Seriously, how much skill does it take to drive in a straight line for 14 seconds?

XylathaneGTR
04-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by v2kai

a useful racing technique...rally drivers use it a fair bit.
I think the thing there is when going around a blind corner, it's much quicker to enter that corner at speed and slide through it, rather than braking and using a slow in fast out technique.
Although if they didn't pre run the course and have pace notes, that'd be pretty fucking scary to whip into a blind corner like that.

heavyD
04-10-2005, 01:10 AM

ok you little panzi
take your car to the track and see if you can do what the pro's like ken gushi do. Then we will talk

Drifting is the synchronized swimming of the automobile industry so it is obvious who the real panzi is.:poosie:

Toms-SC
04-10-2005, 01:25 AM

Drifting is the synchronized swimming of the automobile industry so it is obvious who the real panzi is.:poosie:

ROFL!

sillyd
04-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Drifting rally style is cool, drifting show style is just a show. It's like dancing, and tough guys don't dance!

If u really want to drift your teg, put on a really big rear swaybar and every time you lift off the throttle you will drift.

gen2teggy
04-10-2005, 11:16 AM
whats a throttle?

1-Bar
04-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Though drifting isn't that big of a deal to me, I'd rather watch that than drag racing. Seriously, how much skill does it take to drive in a straight line for 14 seconds?

obviously you haven't made it to the drag strip.....

GTS Jeff
04-10-2005, 11:40 AM
whats a throttle? It's a special drift method.

Lo)2enz0
04-10-2005, 01:08 PM
ahh drifting has gotten over rated, I liked it how it was 3 years ago. No one really gave a rats ass about it

240droptop
04-10-2005, 01:26 PM

:werd:

and if you do
make sure there are plenty of poles around and your doing at least 60 km/s

makes you look like a P.I.M.P:bigpimp:

60k is much to slow I hit corners going 80+ :D

not that i'm a fan of synchronized swimming or anything but i'm sure it takes skill to do that asweell as it takes alot of skill to drift properly. Just because its a skill that you don't seem to have I see no reason to bash it you guys call it boreing but how is it a panzi sport? lets see how brave you are in my passenger seat when I fly threw a corner sideways going arouund 80-100kms you bash t cause you know little about it how about headsing down to the next drift events at RC and giv eit a try yourself and in a few seconds of driveing time you will realize you can't do HALF the moves everyone else is doing cause you are not at the same skill level as some of the drivers out there

Honda_002
04-10-2005, 02:47 PM

hahah that made me laugh
but still drifting takes skills no matter what you say

Toms-SC
04-10-2005, 02:53 PM
I give this sport another 2 years, max, before it goes underground again.

Godfuader
04-10-2005, 03:53 PM

it is actually a useful racing technique...rally drivers use it a fair bit.

Rallying...now thats a sport. :thumbsup:

Drifting is the synchronized swimming of the automobile industry ...

Originally posted by sillyd
Drifting rally style is cool, drifting show style is just a show. It's like dancing, and tough guys don't dance!

:rofl: Team FWD steps up:rofl:

crazydave
04-10-2005, 06:45 PM

Sort of right:

lol, this thread is gay! and i dont really care what people say about drifting, i enjoy it, i think its fun slideing around corners. so dont be hating on it just because you cant do it and have no skill.:guns: :closed: :whocares:

crazydave
04-10-2005, 06:46 PM

o ya, and you are a F-A-G FAG!

RB25DET
04-10-2005, 06:53 PM
I like drifting, it is fun. Isnt that what really matters. :dunno: Also IMO it takes a lot more skill than driving the majority of peoples cars down the track, i dont think you can argue that.

Toms-SC
04-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Haha, soooo much skill.

240droptop
04-10-2005, 11:58 PM
I give this sport another 2 years, max, before it goes underground again.

Unfortunitly I have to agree with you simply cause I can't see to many corprate sponsers suporting drifitng so I doubt it will ever get as big on a profesional level here as it is in Japan.

Phy
04-11-2005, 08:51 AM
it is actually a useful racing technique...rally drivers use it a fair bit.

It's handy when there's shit for traction. I see it like this: On the street, modern tires and suspension can give you all the centripetal acceleration you need to keep going around the corner. When it gets slippery, you've gotta supply that centripetal acceleration yourself by pointing some of your thrust to the outside of the turn, like a hovercraft would. That's why you see sprint cars and dirt track bike racers slidin' their ass out all over the place.

Of course that's just me guessin, since I don't rally. I may be wrong.

googe
04-11-2005, 11:25 AM

but still drifting takes skills no matter what you say

on that note, so does figure skating and ballet?

Skyline_Addict
04-11-2005, 11:29 AM

just a thought and all, since everyone else is putting in their two cents....pro drifting is an art and takes a lot of skill. it's fun to watch and see how well a driver can control and know their car...as for doing it yourself there are many different techniques to initiate a drift for both front wheel and rear wheel drive cars (more for rear wheel), weight shifting using brakes, downshifting, ebrake technique, having the proper car setup is a big part of it, and correct me if i'm wrong but it is actually a useful racing technique...rally drivers use it a fair bit.

correct, there is always a time in place when drifting is a GOOD thing. the argument here is not whether drifting takes skill or not - it's "should I drift in my Integra (not professionally)".

the answer is simply NO.

ZorroAMG
04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
I used to drift off in class all the time, and that doesn't take any skill.

Toms-SC
04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
winnar! :)

crazydave
04-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

i know for the people that dont drift thinks its just a big fad, just like street racing got BIGGER from Fast and the Furious. now we have drifting and everyone is jumping on the band wagon for that. so the people that dont jump on just make fun of it. reason why i chose the 240sx. was because i liked the styling and the fact that it was a RWD sports compact car.its a fun car, and i love to slide it around corners.lol enough said. let the flaming begin.:dunno: :closed:

youngbex
04-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
It's a special drift method.

only AE86 owners have a throttle LOL

hey jeff:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nut:

ZorroAMG
04-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by crazydave

i know for the people that dont drift thinks its just a big fad, just like street racing got BIGGER from Fast and the Furious. now we have drifting and everyone is jumping on the band wagon for that. so the people that dont jump on just make fun of it. reason why i chose the 240sx. was because i liked the styling and the fact that it was a RWD sports compact car.its a fun car, and i love to slide it around corners.lol enough said. let the flaming begin.:dunno: :closed:

:zzz: *DRIFTS into a boredom coma*

:whocares:

crazydave
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
lol stupid noob should have never started this dumb thread, so i wouldnt have to defend this shit.

crazydave
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
lol stupid noob should have never started this dumb thread, so i wouldnt have to defend this shit.

Ekliptix
04-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Heck it's easy. No e brake required either.

http://img198.echo.cx/img198/8560/driftgif3ov.gif

GTS Jeff
04-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by youngbex

only AE86 owners have a throttle LOL

hey jeff:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nut: No no no, "throttle" isn't a part on the car, it's a drift technique that only the top drifters know how to use...Ueo used "throttle" a lot until he died..

Phy
04-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by googe

On that note, so does figure skating and ballet?

Hey, those girls (and some guys) beat the shit out of themselves.

240droptop
04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by crazydave

:werd:

jizzajames
04-11-2005, 09:26 PM
any tips hahah i kno its hard to drift in a honda HAHA
n no i dont wanna buy a 240 or something

gen2teggy i just think drifting is really coollll, but i wouldnt try it HAHAH

so you ask how to drift then you say you will never try it?

things i learned in this thread
- dsm drivers dont like honda drivers
- how to waste 10 minutes of my time
- how many people actually have put trays under their wheels to "simulate" drifting
- how many people dont read all the posts and say something that was said 2 and 5 and 8 posts above theirs.

thank you for reading. nice primed bumper by the way

ZZT23
04-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Keep the bumper that way, its lighter without the paint. I would even strip the paint off the doors and hood too.

jizzajames
04-12-2005, 03:20 PM
no no dont strip the paint off the dorrs, just take the doors off.

Moonracer
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM

Dude just race your teg in the auto-X at secret street on fridays. It's a ton of fun, come out this friday there should be a couple of G2 there.