PDA

View Full Version : what to buy

jasonybu
04-09-2005, 10:28 AM
im currently in the market for a used car. im not surewhat the best thing to do would be. i know for sure that i want a foreign car most likely european. but every where i turn people are saying "stay away". they cant be that expensive to maintain, right? i mean i have a 1990 honda prelude, its been an ok buy, but ive had to do front end work300.00$ alternator250.00$and oil changes at a quicky lube are 40.00$. thats in 1.5 years. could an audi a4 or bmw 3 or 5 series be any worse?

SikAssR1
04-09-2005, 10:51 AM
does that mean you are selling your prelude? My gf's little brother is looking for a car. Pm me if you are thanks:thumbsup:

vcteggy
04-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jasonybu
im currently in the market for a used car. im not surewhat the best thing to do would be. i know for sure that i want a foreign car most likely european. but every where i turn people are saying "stay away". they cant be that expensive to maintain, right? i mean i have a 1990 honda prelude, its been an ok buy, but ive had to do front end work300.00$ alternator250.00$and oil changes at a quicky lube are 40.00$. thats in 1.5 years. could an audi a4 or bmw 3 or 5 series be any worse?

depends on how old of a european car you get, whatever you do stay away from VW, i used to have a Passatt and it was a nightmare spend 3G on reapairs before selling it for 3.5G. My friend also has a Jetta 1999 and has spent 6000$ in repairs in less than a year. So try to get a pretty new euro car.

Kirbs17
04-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by vcteggy

depends on how old of a european car you get, whatever you do stay away from VW, i used to have a Passatt and it was a nightmare spend 3G on reapairs before selling it for 3.5G. My friend also has a Jetta 1999 and has spent 6000$ in repairs in less than a year. So try to get a pretty new euro car.

Jeez, what has your friend been doing to that Jetta? Ive owned my Jetta for almost a year, and I havent had to spend a penny on repairs. I blew a flat 2 weeks ago, and thats it.

240droptop
04-09-2005, 11:41 AM
from what I have heard VW are great cars they seem to hold up well and usaly hold there value over years gl in your search