PDA

View Full Version : Hate buying used cars

JordanLotoski
04-09-2005, 11:43 PM
So i was all ready to buy my new car 2000 740il. the car is located in ontario. i call the car like last week to inquire about the car, he tells me that hes the second owner and the car is mint, nothing to worry about, no accients, car has 106,000km on it ontario car.

So i think awesome great deal at 19,500

I did a lil reasearch into this car, this is what i have come up with, car with bought at an auction in Florida, has has sever flood damage, and has had 4 owners. Why do peeople have to be so fuking shady, i mean who doesnt do reasearch on a new car

anyways iam done bitching just wish people would be upfront with shit its so easy to find any info you want nowadays.

insomnia
04-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Did you tell him or inform him about this information? Maybe he had no idea either. Confront I say!

t-im
04-09-2005, 11:52 PM
That sucks, but what did you expect from a 19g 740..

I still seen 01 740's going for low to mid 40's with average k in good condition, so an 00 for 20k is prettty sketchy

shakalaka
04-09-2005, 11:58 PM
^^What he said. That just sounds freakin unbelievable. Maybe if you would have said in the other thread, some ppl could have prolly figured it out. But that sucks either way man. You were so happy and excite. O well, atleast better then wasting 20G's, I rather find that shit out before getting it rather then after.

ehos
04-10-2005, 12:00 AM
A car salesmen lied to you? SHOCKING!

That's the problem selling a used car. If there is a good deal, people assume something is wrong with it because of previous dealings with shady salesmen.

Buy private! :) Good luck on the search man, I know you'll find your car.

NickGT
04-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Damn man, and I knew how much you were looking forward to getting that one.

So much bullshitting in used car sales. Just another example to trust nobody.:guns:

shakalaka
04-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ehos
A car salesmen lied to you? SHOCKING!

That's the problem selling a used car. If there is a good deal, people assume something is wrong with it because of previous dealings with shady salesmen.

Buy private! :) Good luck on the search man, I know you'll find your car.

It was his friend in some other province I think. I would trust a friend if noone else. And if you still get pwned by a friend thats just ghey i guess. But he said he was talking to the owner of the car, so I guess then it would be private at that point. Here is his other thread he made.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82228&highlight=bmw+740

JordanLotoski
04-10-2005, 12:23 AM
anyways the search continues..and yes i told him he made up more lies.

Xtrema
04-10-2005, 12:58 AM
If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

I would've turn away as soon as he said "Ontario car" and won't even bother checking other things. 5 year old car is like 10 yr old in Alberta.

nismodrifter
04-10-2005, 01:07 AM
in ontario the used car seller is required to provide you with a used car "buyers information package" which contains info like this, wish they would implement something like this in alberta. can't remember all the detailed info it tells you but it does say like how many owners it has, every been written off etc. pretty good idea.

sorry to hear that didn't work out for you.....just keeep looking

ehos
04-10-2005, 01:29 AM
I think that package is only if the other buyer is in Ontario as well.

I must've read 'salesmen' or 'used car dealership' into it your post. But when I read closer you actually posted, 'i call the car like last week to inquire about the car,'

:)

Melinda
04-10-2005, 01:41 AM
I feel for ya man, I can't tell you how many people have lied to me the same way in my search for a new (used) car. As if a person wouldn't do a VIN search and/or an inpsection before buying, are there really people out there that are that stupid?

Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for! :)

JordanLotoski
04-10-2005, 01:50 AM
thanks guys:)