PDA

View Full Version : MK3 supra or older MX-5?

CryoCarnage
04-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Which one of these would you guys pick? I want this car to be sort of a track/daily driver car. Pretty much daily driver and just weekend fun :thumbsup: I love more or less the mk4 supras and mk3's but i like the prices of Miata's. Do you guys think Supras can handle it at the trac? i mean they are pretty big qnd heavy but can handle a lot more hp. Inquiries would be helpful :D

CalgarySupra
04-10-2005, 01:22 PM
a Miata and Supra have nothing in common. a Miata is a light weight small car for fun

a supra has toyota quality and reilablity. they hold its value a lot more. just make sure you torque down your head gasket (30 minute job) and you should be good.

the supra is one the heaviest cars on the road. you can spend a few hundred dollars and have 400 horse power and a lot of torque. this is reliable, efficient power that will not damage anything and it will still have stock look feel.

CryoCarnage
04-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Hmm im actually considerign buying both... would i have to get the miata insured if i was only riding it at the track at weekends? Also which one would you guys buy first if you had the choice? This should have been edited:whipped: :whipped:

SUPRAPHAT
04-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra
a Miata and Supra have nothing in common. a Miata is a light weight small car for fun

a supra has toyota quality and reilablity. they hold its value a lot more. just make sure you torque down your head gasket (30 minute job) and you should be good.

the supra is one the heaviest cars on the road. you can spend a few hundred dollars and have 400 horse power and a lot of torque. this is reliable, efficient power that will not damage anything and it will still have stock look feel.

Um, actually not true at all.

If your looking for 400+ horsepower with an mkIII supra then don't even bother thinking you'll do it for less than 10K.

No you cannot run stock internals, no you cannot just re-torque the head gaket, no it is not reliable.

If you want a fun car, buy the supra and just keep it BPU.

Jason

CalgarySupra
04-13-2005, 01:29 PM
yeah thats if you buy your stuff from over priced places.

there are tons of people on supraforums who just add a MST and a boost controler and a HKS ING-2 and they are running close to 400. total cost about 900.

RWD
04-18-2005, 05:17 AM
i smell bs

youngbex
04-18-2005, 11:52 AM
definatly SUPRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CalgarySupra
04-19-2005, 07:30 PM
blah