LifeTimer:under a week old
Condition:10/10, brand new
Pictures:
http://www.telefon.de/images/big/nokia_ngage_qd_grey_front.jpg

SELLING DETAILS
Shipping:local
Payment:cash

NOTES:

bought it off aother beyond user in a trade, its an awesome phone, can play movies, i can provide the software to encode movies to make em small enough to fit onto the mmc, also can play mp3's wit the right software, i guess it just has too many functions for me, im moving towards a phone thats basically for calling n stuff only, u can also have wav ringtones....uhmmm it can support some 3d games, its actually pretty impressive for a phone...

EDIT: i increased the price of the phone because i managed to get fido to give me a new handset, its BRAND new now, im asking for 175 firm or else i might as well keep it...

soupey
04-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Features

* High-performance mobile 3D gaming
* Smaller, pocketable size
* Bluetooth wireless technology
* Hot swap MMC-card slot for external memory
* Pre-installed N-Gage Arena launcher software
* 4096-color screen and backlight
* Multimedia messaging
* Full email support (IMAP4, POP3, SMTP, MIME2)
* Content with XHTML browser
* Dual-band phone (two regional variants: EGSM 900/GSM1800 and GSM 850/1900)
* Series 60 UI enabling application multitasking
* MIDI and WAV ringing tones
* WAP over GPRS
* Front talk phone design

Full specifications
DESIGN

Size

Metric:
* Weight: 143 g (with standard battery)
* Dimensions: 118 x 68 x 22 mm, 123cc

US:
* Weight: 5 ounces
* Dimensions: 4.65 x 2.68 x .87 inches

Improved Games-Oriented Design
* Hot swap MMC-card slot for quicker game insertion and switching
* OK key for quick game launch in idle mode
* Game auto-start when game card is inserted
* Select function removed from rocker key for better gaming
* Game manager application for memory management
* IHF speaker for game sounds plus vibrating game effects

Display and User Interface
* Illuminated high-contrast, full-graphics 4096-color display (size 176 x 208 pixels)
* Series 60 graphical user interface enabling application multitasking with five-way navigation
* Separate OK key for selecting in menus
* Separate application key, gaming shortcut key, highlighted game keys

GAMES

Interactive Games
* Ever-growing catalog of branded AAA-quality games available on game cards (MMC)
* All games fully compatible with both N-Gage and N-Gage QD game decks
* Single-player and local multiplayer games using Bluetooth wireless technology
* N-Gage Arena game services include cheats, additional levels, and community features (chat)
* N-Gage Arena launcher software pre-installed to access N-Gage Arena
* Download Java™-based games and N-Gage Arena features over the air

MESSAGING AND CONNECTIVITY

Enhanced Messaging
* Full email support (IMAP4, POP3, SMTP, MIME2)
* Multimedia messaging (send, reply, forward, play audio, stop audio, insert multimedia content) enables easy and more colorful messaging with compatible devices
* Enhanced SMS support including: multiple SMS sending, SMS concatenation, templates, smileys, and picture messages
* Instant Messaging with Chat application

Note: Messaging features are dependent on the network as well as on the compatibility of devices used and content formats supported.

Wireless Connectivity
* Data support GPRS Multislot Class 6 (2+2, 3+1, class B), HSCSD (CSD only in Americas)
* Bluetooth wireless technology supports real-time multiplayer gaming and data sharing
* Wireless phone-to-phone or phone-to-PC connectivity
* Send/receive pictures, graphics, and business cards
* Play games
* SyncML

High-Speed Data
* HSCSD up to 43.2 kilobits
* GPRS up to 40.2 kilobits (Class B, 3+1, 2+2)

Java Technology
* Supports the standard Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME™)

Content with XHTML Browser
* XHTML browser
* Over-the-air download of new Java-based games/game levels

WAP
* XHTML over GSM data, HSCSD (CSD only in Americas), and GPRS
* Access current WAP services with the XHTML browser

Note: Some features are network dependent. Please check the availability of WAP services with your network operator and/or WAP service provider.

PHONE

Memory
* 3.4 MB internal + external memory cards (32, 64, and 128 MB available separately)
* Shared memory for images, contact data, calendar, messages, and add-on applications

Operating System
* Symbian OS with Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME™) support

Personal Information Management
* Calendar
* To-Do list
* Contacts/Address book
* Pinboard

Polyphonic Ringing Tones
* Mono ringing tone composer
* MIDI and WAV ringing tones

Dual-Band Operation
* EGSM 900/GSM 1800; automatic switching between bands
* GSM 850/1900 variant for Americas; automatic switching between bands

Voice Features
* Voice dialing; memory for 20 names and numbers
* Voice recorder
* Integrated handsfree speaker

Standard Sales Package
Transceiver
ACP-12 charger
HS-7N dual mono headset
BL-6C Li-Ion Battery
CD-ROM (including User's Guide, PC Suite, and other software)
Games brochure

soupey
04-13-2005, 05:15 PM
bump

Stine
04-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Im sorry for the noob questions but I have never used or owned a cell phone but was interested in this....

so If I where to buy the phone al I would have to do is get it activated threw Fido/Rogers? Also can I pick any plan that they have on thier site?

The memory card is used to hold and play 3D games? or you have to buy the MMC with the game on it?

For the movies can it fit on to 128 MB card?

Also I see that there is a bluetooth wireless acess, could I use this to acess my home network to "download" or surf the web for free?

shakalaka
04-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Yes. You have to go to either rogers or fido booth somewhere, and they can activate it for you. Since this phone is unlocked, it will work with either of those.

Memory Card is used to store different things. Be it games, songs, ringtones, wallpapers etc. Whatever. No you just buy a memory card, and put it in your phone. Then you download all the stuff to it, it just stores.

128MB isnt really that big. I am not too sure if full movies will fit, but i doubt it. You can put video clips and stuff i would guess. Maybe its possible this phone comes with a software that compresses the movies big time, so that they are able to fit. But not too sure.

I think bluetooth is just like talking without holding the phone. Phones have access. You buy the bluetooth head set. Sync it with your phone. Just put the head set, and phone in your pocket. You can talk. You cant really download stuff through bluetooth.

I would suggest you go and register on www.howardforums.com if you have any further questions. Those forums are specificaly for cell phones and you will see your questions getting answered real quick.

c001m4n
04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Bump for a nice phone, didn't try to play movies on this phone yet but the average movie size is around 80 to 100mb for good quality video using Smartmovie (I've played quite a bit of movies on my 6620 with my 1gb of course (shameless plug);)). Great phone for games (the only game phone out there) and such if you can't wait for someone to crack the PSP or the DS. You would be surprised by what kind of games you can play on it, my favorites are Colin McRae (sweet gfx), and Worms World Party (just like playing on the computer).

soupey
04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Stine
Im sorry for the noob questions but I have never used or owned a cell phone but was interested in this....

so If I where to buy the phone al I would have to do is get it activated threw Fido/Rogers? Also can I pick any plan that they have on thier site?

The memory card is used to hold and play 3D games? or you have to buy the MMC with the game on it?

For the movies can it fit on to 128 MB card?

Also I see that there is a bluetooth wireless acess, could I use this to acess my home network to "download" or surf the web for free?

average movie size is 60-70mb, u CAN make it less but then it looks like crap, i have harold and kumar still compressed on my comp...and yea, all u need to do is tell rogers/fido that u have a phone, ur not required to go on contract if u have a phone of your own, they might try confusing u into getting one, all u need to do wit them is get a plan, buy a sim card off them, and then pop it into the phone behind the battery, and presto the phone is now yours....

bluetooth allows for connectivity to computers and other cells, as for free net...not really, i think you can but it requires a ton of work, that and theres no real point since u can jus bluetooth things free to ur cell or put it on the mmc using an mmc reader, bluetooth IS slow, having an mmc reader is definately worth it...

hope that helps

soupey
04-19-2005, 07:54 AM
price reduced, BUMP

soupey
04-22-2005, 01:13 PM
price increased, read EDIT in the first post

soupey
04-23-2005, 11:03 PM
SOLD
:closed: