PDA

View Full Version : Question about Knee injury

Ekliptix
04-10-2005, 07:13 PM
I hurt my knee this weekend snowmobiling. I'm trying to see a doctor tommorow but I want some answers now.

I'm worried it might be a tendon issue rather then muscle brusing.

Some symptoms:
-Pain is on the inside side of the knee
-The pain is more intense when I try to twist my knee
-After remaining in the same position for a while, it takes effort to bend the knee
-At the time off the accident the pain was not terrible. Waking up the following day it has become worse.
-Slightly swollen, no brusing yet.
-I can'y only walk 1/2mph

Thanks for any input you can provide me. I plan on seeing a fellow at Lindsey (sp?) Park tommorow.

lastprodigy
04-10-2005, 07:38 PM
i pretty much had the same thing happen to me on a nasty slide into home playing baseball.....i had a MRI a few years ago saying a bruised minuscus but recently its been recuring and been really painful, as such i have another MRI in a couple months, suspecting the mcl this time.......

itsnotaDUB
04-10-2005, 08:17 PM
i also had the same accident (baseball), i tore my minuscus, it gets very painfull... hopefully yours isnt torn... torn=operate..

kragnorok
04-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Any fluid on it?

Shaolin
04-10-2005, 08:29 PM
what did you do? snowmobile accident? I had the same thing during a soccer tournament last august, I was running full speed, tried to stop/turn, heard a pop and down I went... they cut a piece of my meniscus out.

What I felt was the pain was inside of the knee, about 1/2 hour of the injury i couldn't bend my leg more than 90 degrees unless I forced it (which gave great pain). I didn't fully recover until about a month ago.

R-Audi
04-10-2005, 08:33 PM
What is the motion when you were injured? That can help with a diagnosis....Did you hear any loud pop? (ACL/MCL snapping)
I had a second degree MCL strain two years ago from Wakeskating (Third degree is surgery) and it was from a splits like motion, with my knee going sideways...

Your best bet for now is not to put pressure on it, and ice lots!

Ekliptix
04-10-2005, 09:04 PM
I was jumping my sled and went way too high and could not see the ground because the nose of the sled was too high. I was in the process of jumping off when the sled landed on the flat ground.

At the point of landing, my body was on the right side of the machine. My left leg remained horizontally over the seat with my foot hanging over the left side of the seat, my knee in the middle of the seat and my hips on the right side of the seat.

http://img125.echo.cx/img125/2253/knee1vm.jpg

ExRollen
04-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah that sounds like a tendon tear, hopefully not too bad cause I had a similar injury last month on the leg press, didn't hurt right away, then next morning, couldn't bend the old leg splitter (knee). I put Lakota on it all the time, combined with tiger balm, and this combination really stings like a mother at night, enough to keep you awake, but it helps it heal. Took a few weeks to get back to 70%, now I'm about 90-95, but it can still feel weak. If its within your resources, I would get an MRI if it feels serious. Don't mess around with knees.

Ekliptix
04-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks.

Update. I like Advil.
Actually even without it the pain is only 40% of what it was last night. The doc said he suspects it may be tendon stretching or tendon bruseing. If it were seriously damaged there would be more swelling. I'll be back on wednesday to him.

I'll keep iceing it.