PDA

View Full Version : UFC Couture vs Liddell

ddmmak
04-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey guys, who knows how much it would be to buy on Pay Per View and or where would they play this fight at? For example, which pub???? Thanks.

zain123
04-11-2005, 09:43 AM
i am ordering it for sure!
last nite was crazy

shemrock slipped n lost.. but the light heavy weight before that
15 straight minutes .. :eek:

definately worth the money
but yea if someone got the exact price for ppv or where its being played just like ddmmak asked ^^ and would like to share it with us , would be definately appreciated
thanks

SteveMo600
04-11-2005, 11:57 AM
My buddy called Schanks South and was like...you damn well better order UFC 52 or you're not a true sports bar. It was pretty funny to hear actually. The girl said that she's bring the idea up to management but I'm not sure if she was just bs us. I hope they do end up getting it. I don't know how else I'm going to watch it?!?!

ddmmak
04-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah.. i m going to call around all the pubs to see where and if they are playing it. Ill keep you guys posted!!! so who do you think is going to win?

wildkarrde
04-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Its going to be sweeeeet.
My money is on Couture for sure.

Def_3
04-11-2005, 01:16 PM
COutoure again:thumbsup:

ddmmak
04-11-2005, 01:20 PM
I think its gonna be a long fight!!!

SUPRAPHAT
04-11-2005, 04:26 PM
I'd be willing to order it on PPV if we were to all split the cost of the the PPV, or else someone else could have it at their place and then we could all pitch in or something.

Just an idea!

Jason

Honda_002
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
I have heard its like 40 bux on PPV but I could be wrong

n e who my money is on lidell, but its gonna be a war thats for sure

mikey_mo_love
04-11-2005, 05:06 PM
the "natural" Randy Couture!! :thumbsup:

Loose
04-11-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm suprised their is so much hype around this fight.

I'm more interested in Trigg vs Hughes

cman
04-11-2005, 06:44 PM
i already have ordered it, but sorry guys! no more room at my place.
i didnt think there was this much interest in MMA on beyond until the TUF finals.

Dave P
04-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by cman
i already have ordered it, but sorry guys! no more room at my place.
i didnt think there was this much interest in MMA on beyond until the TUF finals.

Its true. TUF totally renewed my interest. I used to watch it all the time, but due to the lack of exposure i had a hard time following it.

I think ill make a seperate mma thread tongiht

cman
04-11-2005, 06:51 PM
btw it cost $35 for it. not bad at all if you get a bunch of friends together, or beyonders.

ddmmak
04-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Cool !!! and you ordered it through shaw then?

Dave P
04-11-2005, 07:07 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83437

when your all done discussing here

gatorade
04-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Couture will own chuck for sure, Chuck is overated, his standup is good but not great, Couture has a history of neutralizing good strikers ie. vitor, chuck. His strategy is usually to close the distance and start dirty boxing, and then dominate his opponents on the ground.

Chuck is good, but not great, Couture is very good but he isn't the best, hes been beaten by enson and overeem. With the current talent pool in the UFC, the only one capable of beating him is Franklin, but for now its too early to tell.

For places playing ufc, on 17th ave theres a place called Bottoms up, they play ufc events there, its just a few blocks down from Ernest Manning.

SteveMo600
04-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by gatorade
Chuck is good, but not great, Couture is very good but he isn't the best, hes been beaten by enson and overeem. With the current talent pool in the UFC, the only one capable of beating him is Franklin, but for now its too early to tell.

Rich Franklin? He cannot beat Couture. Randy is too strong of a striker and way better on the ground. Rich Franklin isn't big enough to even come close to Couture. Franklin is a 185 fighter and won't even have the opportunity to fight Randy...but if he did, he'd get destroyed.

gatorade
04-11-2005, 10:02 PM
alot of fighters move up in weight, Couture isn't as good as a striker as you think, he has no kicks at all, he just has the ability to neutralize strikers by putting them in the clinch.

At the time Vitor fought Couture, Vitor was the #1 striker in mma, and Randy owned him, Chuck was the top striker in the UFC, and randy did the same. Don't mistake that with being a better striker, hes just a smarter one.

SteveMo600
04-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Isn't being a smarter striker being a better one. If you are competitive in the higher weight classes of MMA then you can punch hard...no question. It all comes down to being smart and knowing when to strike your opponent. Randy can hit hard just like Tito and Chuck, but he's smarter about it.

gatorade
04-11-2005, 11:03 PM
not exactly, if randy fought in k1 vs vitor or chuck in pure striking he would get his ass kicked, in mma its a different game, if it goes to the ground randy won't mind because hes better than most people down there, but if its kept standing hes comfortable because he can neutralize his opponents strikes.

Striking doesn't just mean punching, the clinch, its is also kicks and knees. Randy is a smart fighter period, not just a smart striker as well.

hockeybronx
04-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Although I don't know much about either fighter, after watching the 'Ultimate Fighter' show I would like to see Couture win.

I think most of those types of Pay-per-views are in the $20.00- $30.00 range.

I've never been to a pub or bar which shows UFC fights.

SteveMo600
04-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Gatorade I think we're arguing about something that we both have the same opinion on. Randy is the better fighter...end of story.

I am starting to get worried that I won't have anywhere to watch this fight live. I may end up downloading it which won't be nearly as good.

sputnik
04-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Although I don't know much about either fighter, after watching the 'Ultimate Fighter' show I would like to see Couture win.

I think most of those types of Pay-per-views are in the $20.00- $30.00 range.

I've never been to a pub or bar which shows UFC fights.

I believe that bars/pubs arent allowed to show PPV events publically.

gatorade
04-12-2005, 07:26 PM
read what I said above

BOTTOMS UP PUB, ON 37TH STREET A FEW BLOCKS FROM ERNEST MANNING.

You are correct legally bars/pubs aren't allowed to show UFC but I think if they pay a few they are. I know Shanks plays boxing matches all the time.

eblend
04-14-2005, 05:19 PM
i will be watching that fight on ppv here :)

mac_gurl
04-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Ya, we are ordering it for sure!
Last weeks was good to! Especially the Stefan/Forrest fight.
I like forrest. He looks like a big monkey
I especially liked when he got the watch, and he said " i can
pawn this for alot" :rofl:
Can't wait til saturdays fight

SteveMo600
04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by mac_gurl
Ya, we are ordering it for sure!
Last weeks was good to! Especially the Stefan/Forrest fight.
I like forrest. He looks like a big monkey
I especially liked when he got the watch, and he said " i can
pawn this for alot" :rofl:
Can't wait til saturdays fight

It was funny when he said that but I thought it was kind of disrespectful. I don't think you should say that about a gift that somebody has given you.

Everything aside...I like Stephan and Forrest a lot as fighters even though they're such different people.

ecstasy_civic
04-14-2005, 07:59 PM
I think it was a joke.:drama:

d.maczko
04-14-2005, 08:25 PM
what day is it on?
i watched the finals but cant remember what nite the coture and chuck fight is?
thanks
-Dill

cman
04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
this saturday.

gatorade
04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
http://216.40.244.4/misc/ibby2003/ibby2003_lyoto_vs_franklin.zip

lyoto machida beating the crap out of franklin and this is only part of the fight

gorillam
04-14-2005, 11:38 PM
so what pubs are playing the fight?
I really want to see this one...

mwmhong
04-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by gorillam
so what pubs are playing the fight?
I really want to see this one...

It was already quoted above:

Bottoms Up----- 3220 - 17 Ave. S.W. (403) 229-2877

http://www.canadastarboxing.com/cstar-alberta.htm

Originally posted by Loose

Yeah, me too, I hope Trigg takes this one, he deserves it.
Also looking forward to Mike Van Arsdale's return to UFC.

SteveMo600
04-15-2005, 10:21 AM

The reason why people are so excited about this fight is obviously because of Ultimate Fighter. Their first taste of MMA was through the reality TV show and the guys fighting are the teams coaches.

Those people don't know about other fighters in teh UFC like Trigg and Hughes and Tito and Belfort etc.

awd
04-15-2005, 10:28 AM
I want to see Fedor vs. Mirko.

Dave P
04-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Perosnally i think st pierre vs miller is going to steal the show.

cman
04-15-2005, 07:19 PM
fedor vs. mirko would be a crazy fight!
i think matt hughes will win this fight in his usual fashion.

daryll8361
04-16-2005, 09:58 AM
I think it's on at Perry's, in Dover, as well

Daxin
04-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Can anyone who's seen the fight tell us who won between the Lidell and Couture?

Weapon_R
04-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Couture got knocked out

buh_buh
04-16-2005, 11:07 PM
yea he got KO'd pretty early in the fight.

Wildcat
04-16-2005, 11:11 PM
he got layed out, he must be kicking himself.

Weapon_R
04-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Not making excuses, but it was sort of a lucky hit. Couture got his eyes poked out and wasn't 100%. Of course, thats what the fight is all about so Liddel took it

Chim
04-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Perosnally i think st pierre vs miller is going to steal the show.

Good prediction, that fight was by far the best of the night.

So funny when Miller was trying to do that kung-fu spring-up that you always see in the movies, just to see him get kicked to the head :thumbsup:

tapout
04-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Daxin
Can anyone who's seen the fight tell us who won between the Lidell and Couture? liddel won 1st round ko:thumbsup:

cman
04-17-2005, 01:17 AM
all around that was a decent UFC, better than i expected.
the canadians sure put on a good show.

some pretty good submissions, a night of subs is pretty much what it was.
i fucking hate mayhem miller, i was hoping he would get laid the fuck out in the 1st round, and also chose that to happen in my pool. hes such a cocky homo. i hate guys like that. oh well, he lost so its all good.
i cant beleive the chuck vs. randy fight. i honestly though it would be the same as last time around. good to see two class guys who respect eachother though, they both knew that shit happens and the eye gouge wasnt intentional. Liddel/randy #3 here we come i hope!.
matt hughes dominated trigg again for the most part, trigg at a few bright points but hughes started to toy with him. hughes could have submitted trigg 2 or 3 times before he actually did. they started off on a rough relationship before the fight, but i was glad to see they showed class and respected eachother once it was all said and done.
i cant believe cote got submitted, i thought he was going to have no truoble KO'ing doerkson.
i was glad to see riggs lose, he is just like tito ortiz. talks talks talks talks talks then loses and bitches about it. stfu baby is all i have to say to him.
lindland lutter i didnt really care or pick a winner, decent match though.
i was glad to see babalau win, hes a crazy brazilian. his interview was pretty funny though "describe the moments up to the submission for us" 'well good jui jitsu, this is my daughters name, jui jitsu"

anyone else find joe rogan very annoying? hopefully not just me :) he should stick to fear factor IMO.

cman
04-17-2005, 01:41 AM
and here is a gif of the ex-champ getting KTFO.
http://www.fightreport.net/gifs/liddell_couture_2.gif

DreammEr
04-17-2005, 02:02 AM
yea it was a pretty good show tonite..
and good clip ^^ haha

eblend
04-17-2005, 09:43 AM
all the canadian homeboys who were fighting won :)

i like the last guy, even though he seemed out of breath he never gave up even when the other guy pounded him very hard haha

Dave P
04-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Told you St. Pierre Would steal the show. I think this was my favorite fight of the night. Those axe kicks to the chest of miller while he was down was super pimp.

Trigg Vs Hughs. Pretty exciting, i thought hughs was done early. but bam. comes back with the win. Favoirte part of the match was when hughs picked up trig, carried him across the ring and slammed him.

I was impressed with salverry, very impressive sumission of riggs. two heel kicks from his back to a triangle. I found it exciting.

Would of liked to see the main event go longer.

Best part of that fight was after when lidell said he wants the pride belt and silvia. I hope we get to see that match.

I thought rogan was pretty funny. a lot of funny comments about canada. and the interview with aroloski was pretty funny.

GOod ufc over all. now bring on k1 and pride haha

Wildcat
04-17-2005, 11:18 AM
pride event on April 23rd right?

i wish i had satellite, i only have digital cable, can i order it anyways somehow?

mikey_mo_love
04-17-2005, 12:51 PM
who was that guy who got kneed in the balls? he just ripped it up after! i'm surprised he could walk, let alone beat the shit outta the guy! :D

gatorade
04-17-2005, 02:00 PM
haah chuck getting the pride belt, chuck got owned by jackson, and jackson got owned by silva twice, theres no way chuck could take the pride belt.

pyro
04-17-2005, 03:03 PM
does anyone know if u can download it i missed in on sat :banghead:

USHER
04-17-2005, 03:35 PM
exactly thats the same thing i was thinking gatorade,
chuck is a ok striker but agiasnt silvia he would get eatin up but that would be a fight i would love to see

gatorade
04-17-2005, 07:48 PM
http://www.fightreport.net/gifs/no_thumb.gif

Chuck the eye gouger, hes done this in fights with tito, white and now couture.

awd
04-18-2005, 09:59 AM
http://www.fightreport.net/gifs/no_thumb.gif

Chuck the eye gouger, hes done this in fights with tito, white and now couture.

Sounds like somebody bet on Couture.

Stop making excuses -- Couture looked sloppy on fight night and he was banged out -- he admitted it himself. You really think Liddell became the heavyweight kickboxing champion of the world eye gouging?

Chuck Lidell wants Wandy? The Axe Murderer might oblige.

Anyways, good night all in all.

awd
04-18-2005, 10:13 AM
haah chuck getting the pride belt, chuck got owned by jackson, and jackson got owned by silva twice, theres no way chuck could take the pride belt.

Agreed -- Quinton murdered him in Pride -- that said, Liddell's few fights in Pride weren't all bad.

I think he should step up to rampage again before being allowed to fight wandy.

gatorade
04-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Chuck the heavyweight champion in the world?, he had some titles in some meanigless organization.

If you didn't know, when Chuck fought Vernon White, he was bitching about the same thing, being eye poked by Chuck, Tito also said the same thing, but either way he probably would have beat those two guys anyway.

Quinton jackson has zero, I repeat zero standup striking titles, and he outstriked Chuck in Pride. Before Chuck ko'ed Alstair(a big show noob at the time) in the GP, he was getting wrecked.

Liddel fought in Pride 3 times, in one fight he got totally owned, in two fights he won but KO, but in each one his opponents were beating him, both fighters I should mention BTW, are not considered as top 5 fighters in Pride.

Chuck will only fight Wanderlei if Chuck goes back to Pride, if Sakaibaira sends any Pride fighters over to the UFC, he will probably send Cro Cop.

Its dumb of Chuck to call out Wanderlei when he got owned by someone who Wanderlei already BRUTALIZED TWICE.

cman
04-18-2005, 07:08 PM
yea chuck would get KTFO in hurry by any top 5 fighter in his weight class in pride IMO. he did ok in pride, but like you said, nothing against anyone regarded as being a top fighter.

cro cop would rip up the UFC like it was going out of style, i already think he deserves a pride title shot, and i believe he can win it.

Loose
04-18-2005, 07:26 PM
ha, i think you guys have it all wrong.

"A beat B, and B beat C, therfore A will beat C. "

Doesn't always work like that. I think Chuck would be a bad match-up for Vanderlei. Anyone with a good jaw and good strikes is not a good match for Vanderlei. Chuck is also very composed under pressure, and IMO would be able to handle Wand's agression. But what do I know....

ddmmak
04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Wow.. damnit.. Lidell!!! nice knock out though!!

cman
04-18-2005, 07:34 PM
But what do I know....

dont say that man, we arnt going to bash you for having an honest opinion. as long as you dont come up with some insanely retarded comment i think we all appreciate whatyou have to say.
we are all wrong sometimes (randy losing to chuck speaking about myself).

Dave P
04-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by cman

as long as you dont come up with some insanely retarded comment

Randy Threw The fight because chucks fighters beat his in TUF and they had gentlemans agreement loser throws the fight.

hahaha.

now lets merge this thread into the official mma thread hahaha. so it doesnt goto waste

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83437

gatorade
04-18-2005, 08:38 PM
of course a beats b, ETC doesn't always work,

Are you saying that Quinton Jackson does not have a good jaw or strikes?, he certianly showed better strikes than Chuck in their fight and how many fighters have you seen directly take 10 or so clean knees to the chin?, if that fight were in the UFC it would have been stopped long ago, but Pride lets things go on faster.

Cro cop has far better standup than Chuck but a questionable chin and Silva beat him although this was partly because Cro cop was being hesitant considering it was one of his first MMA fights.

Henderson has great strikes and a great chin as well, but Silva owned him standing and on the ground.

Yuki Kondo is one of the top 5 japanese strikers, he KTFO Frank Shamrock out of the ring, he dropped Tito Ortiz with one knee, and has brutalized numerous opponents with his strikes. He has had over 50 fights, fighting top competition in those days such as Frank Shamrock, Funaki, 6"11 semmy, Mezger, Barnett, Kikuta, Sperry, and in those fights he was never KO'ed until he fought Vanderlei.

Of course anything can happen, but as I've shown above, Vanderlei has already faced those challenges numerious times.

gatorade
04-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mikey_mo_love
who was that guy who got kneed in the balls? he just ripped it up after! i'm surprised he could walk, let alone beat the shit outta the guy! :D

matt hughes, normally most ufc refs would have stopped that fight, luckily Yamasaki didn't see it happen and that fight continued and hughes made the comeback.

Loose
04-19-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm not saying Chuck would win, I just think he'd do a lot better then most people would think. He is a bad matchup for wand.

What I'd preffer actually, was if UFC sent over Randy. They have less to lose, now that he's not the champ, and that would be a really interesting fight. I'd think Vanderlei would be the favorite, especially in the Pride ring.