PDA

View Full Version : car wash

AcuraTl
04-11-2005, 11:53 AM
not sure if repost but since summer is rolling around...we all want to wash our cars instead of wasting money at a car wash, but i heard rumours that its ILLEGAL to use soap while washing your car? snooped a bit around city of calgary's site couldent find anything. Maybe you guys can help me out?

eb0i
04-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
i heard rumours that its ILLEGAL to use soup while washing your car?

It's okay if you use Campbell's the city hates it when you use Chunky though :D

SuPhistiKatEd
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
No, it's just wrong to use "soup" to wash your car, lol.

I'm kidding. Driveway washing is frowned upon. I don't think it is illegal, they just don't want you to do it. Many people still do it anways. They don't have officers running around trying to catch people in the act. I think people can call in, say a tree hugger, if they are really anal about things. But who would, people love to wash their cars on the driveway. The thing is, the soap runs into the sewer, which then contaminates the river and everything living in it. That's why it's such a big stink. To me, the damage has already been done. Not allowing people to wash their cars won't help much in terms of saving the water. I still do it, and I've never been approached by anyone. Besides, it's cheaper and fun. I wouldn't worry about it.

t-im
04-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
not sure if repost but since summer is rolling around...we all want to wash our cars instead of wasting money at a car wash, but i heard rumours that its ILLEGAL to use soup while washing your car? snooped a bit around city of calgary's site couldent find anything. Maybe you guys can help me out?

Washing your car with soap is a bylaw thing. If your neighbors call in to complain (just like having an unkempt front landscaping, etc) you'll recieve a notice or ticket.

I haven't bothered trying because I don't know what my direct neighbors would do, but I have seen this retired constable down the block using soap to wash his cars. Last weekend in fact.

djayz
04-11-2005, 01:52 PM
yah nothing to worry about....just watch out for some neighbors that dislike you

or just use a biodegradable soap...

AcuraTl
04-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by djayz
yah nothing to worry about....just watch out for some neighbors that dislike you

or just use a biodegradable soap...

SHIT one of my neighbours hate me...the thing is i dont to often see people in my immediate area washing there cars so...kinda freaks me out

BlackArcher101
04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
You can buy biodegradable soap at crappy tire. You can use that or you can just risk it. I risk it and have never been caught.

AcuraTl
04-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
You can buy biodegradable soap at crappy tire. You can use that or you can just risk it. I risk it and have never been caught.

if u ever do get caught u can just plead ignorance ! :D

eb0i
04-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Use biodegradable soap just to keep the environment a little more clean. It's frowned upon doing so and you can get a ticket because I believe the water+soap drain into the storm drains and go directly into the river without being filtered/clean.

AcuraTl
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
^^ kinda does piss me off how they do sell non biodegradable soap on stores though...and they dont put up any signs in the stores saying that you might get ticketed..thats like selling weed in stores...

djayz
04-12-2005, 07:08 PM
yah its stupid...the city wants to keep the rivers and shit clean but they do nothing to promote the cleanliness
if they encourage using the degradable soap and make people aware i guess a lot more people would buy it

AcuraTl
04-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by djayz
yah its stupid...the city wants to keep the rivers and shit clean but they do nothing to promote the cleanliness
if they encourage using the degradable soap and make people away i guess a lot more people would buy it

:werd: