PDA

View Full Version : Beyone members beware of a paid sponser!!

69cougar
04-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Just a heads up on a paid sponser on her that I was looking at. I will not "slander" or name names but I will say that they deal mostly with imports that are modified usually more in apperance than anything else. I now know of 2 instances where this dealership has sold vehicles with US titles that are branded as "salvage" YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE." One was a Mitsubishi and the other was a prelude. If you are buying a car I would at the least get a VIR and if it shows a registration that is newer than the car is old ie a 200o first registered in AB in 2004 run a carfax on it and save yourself some grief. Again this is just a FYI for you guys hence why I am not naming the shop, Flame me if you want I don't care.

Importz
04-11-2005, 06:24 PM
lol hotwheels?

cman
04-11-2005, 06:29 PM
damn what sponser could that possible be? tough one to figure that out:rolleyes:
i thought most people already knew this anyways?

BerserkerCatSplat
04-11-2005, 06:30 PM
^ It can't hurt to have the heads-up, I for one had no idea...:thumbsdow

turbotrip
04-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

lol that was good

t-im
04-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Paid sponsor or not, used car buying precautions still apply.

Seanith
04-11-2005, 07:30 PM
I knew to avoid them but now I have proof! :rofl:
I guess you CAN judge a person by the way they construct sentences in message forums haha.

R-Audi
04-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
I guess you CAN judge a person by the way they construct sentences in message forums haha.

Or the inapropriate racial terms that are used in person!

oddjob
04-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Big whoop. They are just like any used car dealership. You can always ask to see the title before purchasing...

JAYMEZ
04-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Its good to know this , i was going to send my friend to them.. Thanks dude :thumbsup:

1badPT
04-11-2005, 08:02 PM
caveat emptor

lastprodigy
04-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

true the guy cant even spell...and its pretty obvious who it is and i thnk we all new....haha theyre selling a yellow 318is "big baller edition right now":rofl:

Speed_69
04-11-2005, 08:21 PM
lots of them are from the eastern provinces as well

he told me that all the cars from there that they have from ontario and quebec have never been driven in winter but i find that statement false because how is it that lots of their cars have so many kms for a 'never winter driven vehicle':dunno:

Toms-SC
04-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Interesting, good to know :thumbsup:

ricefarmer
04-11-2005, 08:25 PM
my buddy bought a prelude from this unamed paid sponser and two weeks later he found himself shopping for a new engine:dunno:

knees scrapin'
04-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
caveat emptor

Latin, out of the capacity of most here.:)

88CRX
04-11-2005, 08:52 PM
maybe ken-gsr will post up what broke on his car within weeks of guying a 96' gsr there.

ummmm clutch and rad :thumbsdow

youngbex
04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
so this is hotwheels we are talking about

Redlyne_mr2
04-11-2005, 09:49 PM
I heard they changed their name to Shotwheels.

Importz
04-11-2005, 09:51 PM
^^ probably got a threat letter from mattel

ninjak84
04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ricefarmer
my buddy bought a prelude from this unamed paid sponser and two weeks later he found himself shopping for a new engine:dunno:

No way? The orange one?

I agree that every used car lot is "buyer beware", but bringing cars in from the East is fucking stupid. Selling cars under false conditions deserves a visit from the police if you ask me.....

EK 2.0
04-12-2005, 12:29 AM
caveat emptor

Originally posted by knees scrapin'

Latin, out of the capacity of most here.:)

you are correct for most cases...

Buyer Beware everyone...

A790
04-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Bought my SiR from there without problems.

Ran fine till I sold it.

Just be smart.

R-Audi
04-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Im quite suprised this "sponsor" hasnt posted in this thread yet..

Props to the mods for leaving it open.. Just because they are a sponsor doesnt mean we cant discuss their business or business practises...

QuasarCav
04-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Like every used car dealership you really have to wonder why a car is there in the first place. I'm always afraid that as soon as I buy something nice that the engine will blow pulling out of the parking lot.

There are a few clues that lead to me to believe that less than acceptable business practices are going on there. Selling a car with a questionable past may not be illegal but It's damn shady and wont get you repeat business that keeps you open.

Kirbs17
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Whenever their image becomes refuted, they seem to bypass an answer, judging by comments not being answered to in a previous thread of theres.

sputnik
04-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Like with any used cars... get it inspected and get as much information about its past as possible. Just dont FALL IN LOVE with the car. Be willing to walk out and wait for a better car.

However any used car lot that curbs salvaged or written off cars like theyve never been hit need to be revealed to the public to prevent others from getting burned.

Hopefully Hotwheels changes their business practices since it seems that a number of people from Beyond have purchased cars from them in the past.

D. Dub
04-12-2005, 01:57 PM
caveat emptor

Gesundheit!!!!! :D

fachie
04-12-2005, 02:30 PM
TO ALL OF THE BEYOND MEMBERS WHO ARE TRASH TALKING HOTWHEELS AUTOMOTIVE:

I DONT KNOW WHERE ANY OF YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION BUT IT IS VERY VERY WRONG. FIRST OFF THE ECLIPSE AND PRELUDE WERE BOTH U.S CARS AND YES THEY DID HAVE US SALVAGE TITLES. HOWEVER WE LIVE IN CANADA AND WHEN WE DO OUR LIEN AND ACCIDENT SEARCHES I RELY ON THE ALBERTA MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRYS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION!! FOR ANY OF YOU THAT DONT KNOW THE U.S HAS DIFFERENT LAWS THAN CANADA SO WHEN THESE CARS WERE BROUGHT INTO CANADA THE LAWS CHANGE!! THESE CARS ARE NOT SALVAGE IN CANADA AND WE DID NOT KNOW TILL THEY WERE SOLD. THE CARS WE BRING IN FROM THE EAST ARE VERY DONE UP AND THEY ARE NEVER WINTER DRIVEN!! THEY ARE USUALLY BOUGHT RIGHT FROM SHOWS OR EVENTS AROUND THE COUNTRY AND ARE SHIPPED TO US DIRECTLY!! YES WE HAVE HAD SOME PROBLEMS BUT A CAR IS A CAR AND WE TRY TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN THE BEST MECHANICAL AND PHYSICAL SHAPE BEFORE THEY LEAVE ARE SHOP. WE CAN NOT HELP 3 MONTHS AFTER RACING YOUR CAR WITHOUT OIL (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) THE MOTOR BLOWS OR YOU ADJUST THE TURBO TO LIMITS IT CAN NOT TAKE ETC ETC. ALL WE CAN PROMISE IS THAT OUR MECHANICS TAKE FULL RESPONSIBLITY FOR THESE CARS AND WE CONTINUE TO PROVIDE WARRANTYS AND INSPECTIONS WITH ALL VEHICLES. HOTWHEELS WILL CONTINUE TO BRING CALGARY SOME OF THE HOTTEST RIDES AROUND FOR PRICES MOST OF YOU CAN AFFORD. THANK YOU FOR THE CRITISIM BUT NEXT TIME TRY TO GET ALL THE FACTS AS THERE IS ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY!!

HOTWHEELS AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC.

Dirty_SOHC
04-12-2005, 02:32 PM
turn the CAPS off the next time please if you want to be taken seriously instead of screaming.

sabad66
04-12-2005, 02:35 PM
:drama: :drama: :drama:

T-Dubbs
04-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by danny@hotwheels

I DONT KNOW WHERE ANY OF YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION BUT IT IS VERY VERY WRONG. FIRST OFF THE ECLIPSE AND PRELUDE WERE BOTH U.S CARS AND YES THEY DID HAVE US SALVAGE TITLES. HOWEVER WE LIVE IN CANADA AND WHEN WE DO OUR LIEN AND ACCIDENT SEARCHES I RELY ON THE ALBERTA MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRYS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION!! FOR ANY OF YOU THAT DONT KNOW THE U.S HAS DIFFERENT LAWS THAN CANADA SO WHEN THESE CARS WERE BROUGHT INTO CANADA THE LAWS CHANGE!! THESE CARS ARE NOT SALVAGE IN CANADA AND WE DID NOT KNOW TILL THEY WERE SOLD. THE CARS WE BRING IN FROM THE EAST ARE VERY DONE UP AND THEY ARE NEVER WINTER DRIVEN!! THEY ARE USUALLY BOUGHT RIGHT FROM SHOWS OR EVENTS AROUND THE COUNTRY AND ARE SHIPPED TO US DIRECTLY!! YES WE HAVE HAD SOME PROBLEMS BUT A CAR IS A CAR AND WE TRY TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN THE BEST MECHANICAL AND PHYSICAL SHAPE BEFORE THEY LEAVE ARE SHOP. WE CAN NOT HELP 3 MONTHS AFTER RACING YOUR CAR WITHOUT OIL (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) THE MOTOR BLOWS OR YOU ADJUST THE TURBO TO LIMITS IT CAN NOT TAKE ETC ETC. ALL WE CAN PROMISE IS THAT OUR MECHANICS TAKE FULL RESPONSIBLITY FOR THESE CARS AND WE CONTINUE TO PROVIDE WARRANTYS AND INSPECTIONS WITH ALL VEHICLES. HOTWHEELS WILL CONTINUE TO BRING CALGARY SOME OF THE HOTTEST RIDES AROUND FOR PRICES MOST OF YOU CAN AFFORD. THANK YOU FOR THE CRITISIM BUT NEXT TIME TRY TO GET ALL THE FACTS AS THERE IS ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY!!

HOTWHEELS AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC.
what about the racial slurs>???

D. Dub
04-12-2005, 02:38 PM
[B]TO ALL OF THE BEYOND MEMBERS WHO ARE TRASH TALKING HOTWHEELS AUTOMOTIVE:

FIRST OFF THE ECLIPSE AND PRELUDE WERE BOTH U.S CARS AND YES THEY DID HAVE US SALVAGE TITLES. HOWEVER WE LIVE IN CANADA AND WHEN WE DO OUR LIEN AND ACCIDENT SEARCHES I RELY ON THE ALBERTA MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRYS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION!! FOR ANY OF YOU THAT DONT KNOW THE U.S HAS DIFFERENT LAWS THAN CANADA SO WHEN THESE CARS WERE BROUGHT INTO CANADA THE LAWS CHANGE!! THESE CARS ARE NOT SALVAGE IN CANADA AND WE DID NOT KNOW TILL THEY WERE SOLD. ]

So you refunded the money in good faith then...

once you found out they were salvage-title cars?

legendboy
04-12-2005, 02:42 PM
oh man thats bull shit. you can't import a salvage titled car and re register it and sell it in canada with active status. you must be overlooking some law or something.

either way that FUCKIN SHADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just wait till AMVIC gets wind of this, you guys are gonna be out of a business liscence

Weapon_R
04-12-2005, 02:43 PM

I DONT KNOW WHERE ANY OF YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION BUT IT IS VERY VERY WRONG. FIRST OFF THE ECLIPSE AND PRELUDE WERE BOTH U.S CARS AND YES THEY DID HAVE US SALVAGE TITLES.

Now that you know they are salvaged vehicles, what is being done to correct the problem? You do have to disclose this information to buyers.

For everyone else who is unhappy with their car: Are you guys completely fucking retarded? Did you not do your due diligence and thoroughly inspect the vehicle before purchase? Did you not have a qualified bodyman thoroughly inspect the body to find out if it has been in a serious accident? It's not hard to see repairs and damage if you look in the right places. Did you not ask a qualified mechanic to do a compression/leak down check and do a comprehensive inspection before you purchased an expensive car?

You are buying a used car - problems exist when you do that. I bought a car with under 60k on it last month but I still went through the precautions above to make sure I was getting exactly what I was paying for. Call me anal, but my cars usually last a long time and its because I don't trust another persons word over common sense. Used cars have problems, there is no such thing as a MINT used vehicle because there is always something less than perfect. You'd be surprised how great of an investment it is to get an honest inspection done.

By the way, as always, threads about negative experiences will remain open to allow both sponsors and members to sort these issues out in a controlled and civil manner. Let's keep it that way and hopefully everyone can come to an agreement that suits the parties affected. Thats what good business is all about.

fachie
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RedDevil

what about the racial slurs>???
what racial slurs and against who??? this is 100% false.

fachie
04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
These cars were not imported by us but now we have learned there are blue and red title salvages. AMVIC is cracking down but as for now we do not bring or sell any US cars anymore. We have a high demand for eclipses and other US cars but we have turned down the business. There are just to many of these FUNNY cars going around.

Speed_69
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM

THE CARS WE BRING IN FROM THE EAST ARE VERY DONE UP AND THEY ARE NEVER WINTER DRIVEN!! THEY ARE USUALLY BOUGHT RIGHT FROM SHOWS OR EVENTS AROUND THE COUNTRY AND ARE SHIPPED TO US DIRECTLY!!

like i said before..can you explain that if all the east cars you bring here that are all done up are never winter driven, why do they have so many kms? higher then industry average.

i mean lots of cars here in calgary are all done up too but that doesn't mean they were never winter driven.

fachie
04-12-2005, 02:57 PM
You should be more specific when you say all the cars? The highly modified eclipse, civics and preludes have all been low mileage. The stock cars we have a bought or trade into us and are almost always local cars. If you dont know what your talking about you really shouldnt slam somebody else who is trying to bring hotter cars to the marketplace without asking stupid money. Most of the cars for sale before we opened were overpriced and not nearly as clean as the ones we sell. We offer the vehicles at a very modest price to get younger buyers into sweet cars without having to give an arm and a leg. Sorry if this pisses you off but you really should come down and see our inventory before you run your mouth. Get your facts straight!!

Weapon_R
04-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

like i said before..can you explain that if all the east cars you bring here that are all done up are never winter driven, why do they have so many kms? higher then industry average.

i mean lots of cars here in calgary are all done up too but that doesn't mean they were never winter driven.

What exactly is your point? You can find out with a 15 dollar registry search where a car was registered and when. Seriously, all of these issues can be sorted out and the onus is on the buyer, not the seller, to verify any claims

WWJAI
04-12-2005, 03:01 PM
You should just stop running your mouth and get your business running better. You should be finding information on all your inventory and be fully disclosing all necessary information the buyer should be aware of. Not winter driven..sounds like:bullshit:

Speed_69
04-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

What exactly is your point? You can find out with a 15 dollar registry search where a car was registered and when. Seriously, all of these issues can be sorted out and the onus is on the buyer, not the seller, to verify any claims
i wasn't questioning where their cars come from, i know you can get a $25 VIR. i was questioning whether their cars have been winter driven before that are from the east.
for example: the 2000 Honda Civic SI they have selling right now(i'm not sure if it's from the east tho)
a year 2000 vehicle with 130,000kms. are you telling me that it has never been winter driven?

Def_3
04-12-2005, 03:30 PM

What exactly is your point? You can find out with a 15 dollar registry search where a car was registered and when. Seriously, all of these issues can be sorted out and the onus is on the buyer, not the seller, to verify any claims :werd: and just to let you know its only $10!!!:rofl: I think these kids see a "pretty" car, and jump on it before researching...

sabad66
04-12-2005, 03:31 PM

By the way, as always, threads about negative experiences will remain open to allow both sponsors and members to sort these issues out in a controlled and civil manner. Let's keep it that way and hopefully everyone can come to an agreement that suits the parties affected. Thats what good business is all about.
I know this is off topic, and it wasn't you personally who closed this thread, but what about this one? http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76959

T-Dubbs
04-12-2005, 03:36 PM

what racial slurs and against who??? this is 100% false.
someone who im not naming, was in your shop talking to you, and you said that u only deal with "chinked" up cars. i know this is true because, the person( and this person is extreamly close to me) called me up as soon as he left, because he was in "aww" that someone in your type of buisness would use that type of language.

fachie
04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
You should just stop running your mouth and get your business running better. You should be finding information on all your inventory and be fully disclosing all necessary information the buyer should be aware of. Not winter driven..sounds like:bullshit:

Hotwheels has not ever said that all the cars have never been winter driven. almoste all the cars that have been from the east are done up and not winter driven. the rest are local or atleast west coast cars. the prelude and eclipse are the only two cars that we have sold that have been from the U.S. We had bought the eclipse from toronto after it was in a car show, we did all the searches in canada and we have proof nothing came up. it was later that the customer found out (via carfax.com). AMVIC did a full investigation and found hotwheels not liable for the problem due to the customer declined any inspection hotwheels had suggested. the customer bought the car imediatly and would not wait for hotwheels to release the car in the regular process. this was signed off on by the customer. The prelude was a trade in and it had been searched as well. nothing came up in the search. amvic had looked in to this as well.

Hotwheels has talked to both the customers of the eclipse and prelude and the problems have been resolved.

as for the racial comments that is not true... in fact both Justin and I have many friends of ethnic background and are in know way racist... my girlfriend is oriental... lol. wow how rumours start.

oddjob
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM

someone who im not naming, was in your shop talking to you, and you said that u only deal with "chinked" up cars. i know this is true because, the person( and this person is extreamly close to me) called me up as soon as he left, because he was in "aww" that someone in your type of buisness would use that type of language.

dude, get over the racial shit seriously. you don't take it seriously do you? saying RICE on a car is racial because its refering to asians in general.

T-Dubbs
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
as for the racial comments that is not true... in fact bolth Justin and I have many friends of ethnic background and are in know way racist... my girlfriend is oriental... lol. wow how rumours start.
ethic background. hmm that doesnt mean u cant say chink???
your a fucking liar

fachie
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
ok what are you talkin about???

T-Dubbs
04-12-2005, 03:49 PM
ok what are you talkin about???
i am talking about you told my brother that you only deal with "CHINKED" up cars

gerrycurl21
04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Hahahaha, Calgary has its own E-ZMoto

fachie
04-12-2005, 03:51 PM

i am talking about you told my brother that you only deal with "CHINKED" up cars
thats not true at all. lol... who's your brother and why is he tellin tails.:nut:

T-Dubbs
04-12-2005, 03:52 PM

thats not true at all. lol... who's your brother and why is he tellin tails.:nut:
u need to watch your mouth around people

jaysas_63
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
Hahahaha, Calgary has its own E-ZMoto

lol, man that place has a bad rep up here in edmonton

lastprodigy
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM

its not even that big of a deal but who the hell would make somehting like that up?? like what do they have to gain...its not like you dont already have enough of a bad rep

fachie
04-12-2005, 03:55 PM
why would I watch my mouth when i have not said anything wrong.

T-Dubbs
04-12-2005, 03:56 PM
why would I watch my mouth when i have not said anything wrong.
whatever, i hope you get what you deserve
btw
i wouldnt of expected you to openly admit what you said

ninjak84
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
u need to watch your mouth around people

Sounds like you're just looking for a fight.
I've met your brother. He's a big mature guy. I'm sure if he was that offended by what happened, he would solve the problem himself.

abyss
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
wow....this thread got out of control pretty quickly..... RedDevil that's a little harsh don't you think?

fachie
04-12-2005, 03:58 PM

thanx bud but i have alot of oriental friends that can vouch that i am not racist in any way.

T-Dubbs
Originally posted by R-Audi

Or the inapropriate racial terms that are used in person!
enough said

civicrider
woah i think this is getting out of hand

fachie
04-12-2005, 04:03 PM

btw
i wouldnt of expected you to openly admit what you said so your brother he claims that me (Danny) is this person who said this... hahahahah.

awd
04-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Somebody delete this thread already.

BumpinTalon
04-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
woah i think this is getting out of hand

ditto.. should have been locked as soon as it became more about accused racism then car title trouble.

T-Dubbs
04-12-2005, 04:05 PM
whatever, this is getting out of hand
lets get back to the thread

fachie
04-12-2005, 04:16 PM
this is very pointless now... if any one has a problem with hotwheels feel free to come down or call. :closed:

gerrycurl21
04-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Do you guys have layaways plans starting at 50$?

Weapon_R
04-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Matter closed. All parties can settle privately. You guys can't even handle a dispute in a civil manner :thumbsdow