PDA

View Full Version : Official MMA Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Dave P
04-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Well After TUF recaptured my interest in mixed martial arts, Its all I do now days.

And damn April is one good month for MMA

TUF Finale totally rocked, well bonnar vs griffin did. Now we got UFC, Pride, and K1.

http://www.k-1usa.net/images/posters/poster-bellagio_iv2.jpg

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2004/imgs/event/TE2005_Poster.jpg

http://www.mmaweekly.com/UFC%2052%20SMALLposter.jpg

Post all your comments In this thread.

PGTze
04-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Should be sweet!

Whos Igor fighting in the Pride event? What's the undercard like for the Couture/Liddell remach anyways?

Dave P
04-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
Should be sweet!

Whos Igor fighting in the Pride event? What's the undercard like for the Couture/Liddell remach anyways?

Tournament Matches:

Wanderlei Silva (Brazil) vs. Hidehiko Yoshida (Japan)
Dan Henderson (USA) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (Brazil)
Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (USA) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (Brazil)
Igor Vovchanchyn (Ukraine) vs. Yuki Kondo (Japan)
Kevin Randleman (USA) vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (Japan)
Kazushi Sakuraba (Japan) vs. Yoon Dong Sik (Korea)
Vitor Belfort (Brazil) vs. Alistair Overeem (Holland)
Dean Lister (USA) vs. Ricardo Arona (Brazil)

UFC 52 UNDER CARD
-Joe Doerksen vs. Patrick Cote

-Joe "Diesel" Riggs vs. Ivan Salaverry - could be on main card

-Mike Van Arsdale vs. John Marsh

UFC 52 MAIN CARD

-Matt Lindland vs. Travis Lutter

-Georges St. Pierre vs. Jason Miller

-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Travis Wiuff
-Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell - UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

-Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg - UFC WELTERWEIGHT TITLE

UFC 53 in June will see evan tanner vs winner of lindland/lutter
for the middleweight title.

cman
04-11-2005, 08:04 PM
lol i made a thread at like the same minute you did.
we shall use this one though from now on.

what is everyones predictions for ufc52?

Dave P
04-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by cman
lol i made a thread at like the same minute you did.
we shall use this one though from now on.

what is everyones predictions for ufc52?

Joe Doerksen
Joe "Diesel" Riggs
John Marsh

UFC 52 MAIN CARD

-Matt Lindland
-Georges St. Pierre
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral
-Randy Couture - UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
-Matt Hughes - UFC WELTERWEIGHT TITLE

Thats what im calling. Dont know much about a few of the fighters, But from previous UFC events, thats what im calling.

GO St.Pierre GO. Repping Canada

gatorade
04-11-2005, 08:30 PM
been a huge mma fan since about Pride 13, Sakuraba is my favorite fighter, I used to train bjj but the gym moved and I was too lazy to move with them cuz they went to the SE.

I watch most events, alot of rare stuff none of you have probably even heard of, Shooto, Pancrase, ETC, I might be what you call an mma nerd, I know almost every fighter out there, who hes fought, who hes lost to. I post on an mma site www.4nzix.com, its run by the guy who does all the video clips on www.sherdog.com and another guy stils who does the hl videos.

Alot of knowledgeable people there, and some with inside info, theres a guy who trains with Chute Boxe(vanderlei silva's team), Macaco's team, used to have a guy who trained with the Takada Dojo(sakuraba's team), one guy from vancouver who trains with DEnis Kang.

I try to get my friends hooked on this shit, but the fags all leave when it hits the ground for more than 20 secs.

Dave P
04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
For anyone who missed it

Finale is once once again on spike.

Kenflo is being beat up right now.

awd
04-12-2005, 02:09 PM
I just watched Pride Bushido Vol. 6 last week -- some great fights. I am the proud owner of all the UFC and Pride events :D

awd
04-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
For anyone who missed it

Finale is once once again on spike.

Kenflo is being beat up right now.

Kenny was out of his weight class. Also makes me wonder why Swick wasn't fighting at middleweight, his natural class -- I believe Swick could manhandle Diego.

Loose
04-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Any of you guys had an MMA fight? I'm sort of thinking of training again and fighting. It's just something that lingers in the back of my mind. I can't shake it. I haven't crosstrained in wrestling and BJJ yet really (only 8hrs training so far). But if I were to fight I'd of course crosstrain.

I've had 3 kickboxing matches (3rd x 2 min, low kicks allowed).
-1 win (2rd KO, crocop kick :D)
-1 loss (DEC)
-1 no contest (low blow, couldn't continue).

1 fight was on an actual card, 2 were after hours "grudge matches".

Dave P
04-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Loose
Any of you guys had an MMA fight? I'm sort of thinking of training again and fighting. It's just something that lingers in the back of my mind. I can't shake it. I haven't crosstrained in wrestling and BJJ yet really (only 8hrs training so far). But if I were to fight I'd of course crosstrain.

I've had 3 kickboxing matches (3rd x 2 min, low kicks allowed).
-1 win (2rd KO, crocop kick :D)
-1 loss (DEC)
-1 no contest (low blow, couldn't continue).

1 fight was on an actual card, 2 were after hours "grudge matches".

Any Pics?

Dave P
04-12-2005, 03:10 PM
http://www.kingofthecage.com/schedule.html

Forgot about a live event in my first post.

KOTC coming to edmonton

Loose
04-12-2005, 04:00 PM

Any Pics?

No pics... The only pics that might be around would be from the sanctioned fight, which really sucked ass

:nut:

Loose
04-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Does anybody know what the card is looking like for KOTC? I guess it's really changed since they first anounced it.

As far as I know:

- Menjivar's fight is still on
- Jaymac vs Kryst. is off
- Ade is off
- Yakiluk vs Gracie is off
- Victor Valimaki (Edmonton fighter) is on

BigMass
04-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Pride middleweight tournament is going to be the biggest thing until Crocop/Fedor rolls around... UFC is the minor leagues compared to Pride. No one even cares about the undercard to UFC. Its like Boxing now. Pride MW tournament is STACKED. All good fights. That's where you should spend your PPV bucks on.

cman
04-12-2005, 07:16 PM
i have an MMA fight on the 23rd, first one ever.
they needed someone on the undercard and the guy was smaller than me so i figured i would take a beating for the fun of it.
ill post pictures and all if i win.
cant wait for my friends fight though.
his first MMA fight as well, but he is 14-3 in BJJ(11 subs), and 5-0 in kickboxing (4 KO's). he is a light heavyweight.

gatorade
04-12-2005, 07:24 PM
who is your friend?. Glad to see some knowledgeable mma fans here, not some "i watch tuf and now I think I know shit"

OHARA BY KO!

cman
04-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Ryan Bancroft

cman
04-12-2005, 07:37 PM
here are my pics for some of the upcoming fights im lookign forward to this month.

1. Fedor Emelianenko (Russia) vs. Tsuyoshi “TK” Kosaka (Japan)
Fedor-2
2.Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell - UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
Couture-4
3.Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg - UFC WELTERWEIGHT TITLE
hughes-3
4.Matt Lindland vs. Travis Lutter
lindland-decision
5.Georges St. Pierre vs. Jason Miller
St. Pierre-2
6.Lee Murray vs. Patrick Cote
Cote 2
7.Joe "Diesel" Riggs vs. Ivan Salaverry
riggs 3
8.silva vs. yoshida
silva-2

Loose
04-12-2005, 07:44 PM
where do you train?

Loose
04-14-2005, 11:05 AM
dammit, does anybody know what the KOTC card is? We are only 2 days out.

Dave P
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Theres a few at the bottom of the flyer

http://www.kingofthecage.com/sitebuilder/images/edmonton_final-599x870.jpg

Dave P
04-14-2005, 12:49 PM
I saw one of those flashing billboards on gateway blvd saying royce gracie will be in town this weeekend to. there is a autograph session somewhere, but i couldnt see it.

Anyone got any info?

Dave P
04-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Just saw this

"MMAWeekly has learned that Evan Tanner will defend his title against Rich Franklin at UFC 53 in June. Franklin became the immediate contender after his impressive win over Ken Shamrock."

That should be a wicked smart fight in june

Dave P
04-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey Loose, How was KOTC?

cman
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
i jsut today heard of some big rumours that chucks first title defence will be against none other than...wait for it, your giong to be shocked...wait for it...wait for it.
SHAMROCK!!!
if it goes through, it will take place at UFC54

Dave P
04-18-2005, 08:09 PM
I dont know how i would feel about it being shamrock. I still like the guy, but he is near the end of his carrer, woudl like to see a up and commer get a shot

UFC 53 - JUNE 4th- Atlantic City, New Jersey

- Evan Tanner vs Rich Franklin - UFC TITLE FIGHT

- Matt Serra vs Karo Parisyan

- Nick Diaz vs Pancrase opponent

- Andrei Arlovski vs Justin Eilers

- Charles "Chainsaw" McCarthy vs David Terrell

- Stephan Bonner vs Sam Hoger

- Tim Sylvia vs Minotauro Nogueira

got this off www.mmaweekly.com. Bonnar vs Hoger?

Who didnt get a contract, so far ive heard griffin, bonnar, sanchez, florian, southworth, and now hoger?

And does that mean pride is lending ufc nogueira?

cman
04-18-2005, 08:27 PM
wtf, how the hell did UFC get nogueria!!!
holy hell.
they must be lending

gatorade
04-18-2005, 10:44 PM
UFC most likely won't get nogueira, mmaWEAKLY is unreliable. If it was happening I would have heard it already on numerous MMA sites, Sakabaira has said nothing of lending a fighter for the next UFC.

I believe Franklin already beat Tanner like a year ago, he will beat him again.

Loose
04-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Wonder if it's Nog nog, or mini nog (the twin)?

Anyway, KOTC sucked. The average fan probably thought it was cool, but I thought that as a whole, the fights were weak. Generally, the standup was slopy, lots of fighters were in bad shape, and the ground fighting was brutal. Since most of the guys were pretty amateur, they bottom guy just tied up the top guy, treating us to ... nothing! No action on the ground.

The only fights i liked were:
-Jesse Bongfelt (lethbridge) vs Paulo Albuquerque (good techinique, athletisism, heart)
- Ivan Menjivar vs Brandon Carlson (I went to see Menjivar. unfortunately I only saw him for about 30 seconds, cause her RNC'd his oponent easily. at least he did back flips. download the APEX GENESIS and you'll see how great IVAN is)
-Jason Macdonald vs Jason Brilz (good ground fighting, sub attempts).
-Jeff Legault vs. Chad Hamzeh (both guys from calgary?) - good fight, both guys fighting hard.

I would have rather watched UFC on TV, then watch this KOTC live.

:zzz:

gatorade
04-19-2005, 05:46 PM
its nog, mini nog is named rogerio.

if this fight ever happened it would make the UFC look like a joke, Sylvia has been submitted in under a minute in 2 of his last 3 fights.

Nogueira is a better submission fighter than any fighter Sylvia has ever fought, they are not even in the same league, at one time Nogueira was the #1 hw in the world, Sylvia is a bum, he hasn't even beat one top fighter. The best fighter hes beaten is Ricco who at one time was top 5 fighter, but now hes been on a downward spiral and hes inactive now.

awd
04-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Little TOTAL ELIMINATION preview:

The time has come again. The best 205-pound fighters on the planet gather to compete for the coveted PFC Middleweight Tournament championship title. This year there is no true weak link. There is hardly a “filler” fighter on board to round out the brackets. To a certain extent, every fighter on the card has a shot to win the title.

With current champion Wanderlei Silva in the mix, the favorite to win it all is a given. However, when names like Henderson, Arona, Nogueria, Vovchanchyn and Jackson are on board, plus the legitimate threats of injury and exhaustion, there’s no guarantee Silva will repeat.

We have a number of athletes who have tasted greatness before and miss the flavor. Fighters like Rua, Kondo, Overeem, Sakuraba, Yoshida, Randleman and Belfort. Even the dark horses, including Lister, Nakamura and Dong Sik, have a real chance to make it out of the opening round.

The entire card breaks down as follows:

Hammer House wrestler Kevin Randleman confronts Yoshida Dojo judoka Kazuhiro Nakamura.

Before they meet in the Abu Dhabi super-fight, Ricardo Arona from the Brazilian Top Team meets Dean Lister of City Boxing and Gracie United.

Kickboxer Igor Vovchanchyn of Team Vovchanchyn goes toe-to-toe with former King of Pancrase Yuki Kondo.

Brazilian jiu-jitsu fighter Vitor Belfort faces kickboxer Alistair Overeem from Team Golden Glory.

Team Quest wrestler Dan Henderson and Brazilian Top Team jiu-jitsu fighter Rogerio Nogueira square off.

Takada Dojo fighter Kazushi Sakuraba and Korean judoka Yoon Dong Sik take to the ring.

Wrestler Quinton Jackson of Team Oyama battles Muay Thai fighter Mauricio Rua from the Chute Boxe Academy.

And in the main event, Chute Boxe fighter and current PFC middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva takes on judoka Hidehiko Yoshida of the Yoshida Dojo in a rematch of their 2003 Final Conflict bout.

Loose
04-20-2005, 07:22 PM
We should all have picks for each of the fights and see who guessed the best.

My girlfriend and I always use the system:

5 points - chosing the winner
3 points - choosing the correct metthod (KO/TKO, SUB, or DEC)
2 points - chosing the correct round

Total the points up at the end of the card, see who has the most.

Does anybody know if the Pride card will be fought with 2 or 3 rounds?

gatorade
04-20-2005, 07:45 PM
loose, we already do that www.4nzix.com we have already been doing it for 2 years

Dave P
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Damn, Ive being trying to learn as much about pride as i can, as i really didnt follow it before. I got Pride hardcore Knockouts. Damn. theres some big hitters in Pride. I think im gonna order this next ppv.

Here is a stupid question, what is Bushido? is it a division of Pride or am i way out to lunch

awd
04-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Damn, Ive being trying to learn as much about pride as i can, as i really didnt follow it before. I got Pride hardcore Knockouts. Damn. theres some big hitters in Pride. I think im gonna order this next ppv.

Hardcore Knockouts is a great recap of some of the best fights in Pride -- if anyone else is interested I have a torrent link that is currently averaging ~300k/s.

Here is a stupid question, what is Bushido? is it a division of Pride or am i way out to lunch

Just a special pride event.

I am itching to see Ryo Chonan fight again.

Dave P
04-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Im loving pride. i wish i was more into it earlier. Im enjoying the kicks while on the ground haha.

Rampage is wicked to watch body slamming punks all over

gatorade
04-20-2005, 11:10 PM
PRide bushido is for the lighter weights in Pride, it is a Pride show, but its considered a lower level Pride show, they usually have the less popular or famous fighters on the card, and they hold them in smaller arenas.

They usually headline it with some of Prides top fighters. This is the show the newer guys use to get in the big show. Supposedly a calgarian is signed to fight "someday" in Bushido, named Nick Ring, but I'm not sure if it will ever happen.

To Dave P, Pride is currently at Pride 29 or something, so including the tourneys and special events theres something like 35 events.

You should also try watching some of the K-1 Romanex shows (mma shows), Inoki shows, Rings, Japan Vale Tudo shows, ETC, alot of the fighters in Pride have fought in those events.

Dave P
04-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Hey Loose,

Im guessing you would be the best to ask since i beleive your from edmonton, where can you buy mma dvds?

Thanks

Dave

Loose
04-20-2005, 11:33 PM
i got some from amazon.ca

I know Nick quite well. He is the real deal. I'm not quite sure if he's Pride material, but believe me, he's a beast.

He was one of four who got Pride contracts after they had a north american tryout. I think there were over a 100 guys there. They picked 3 lightweights from the US, and Nick. He'll probably fight at 185lb.

Google "Nick Scorpion Ring", and you can probably find some stuff from his kickboxing career.

Loose
04-20-2005, 11:54 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=2375

gatorade
04-21-2005, 12:50 AM
I already know about him, I heard about him something like a year or two ago when I saw him in a muay thai megazine, and one of my mma friends told me about him.

No offence to him but I think Pride might just put him in as cannon fodder, they will put him against a top fighter just to build them up, they have done that before.

Loose
04-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Maybe. As far as I know, they are actually sending him to different camps, to help him train. I think they are trying to build him up.

I'm just happy he's gotten this oppertunity, and is finally getting paid.

Loose
04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I cleared it up w/Ring. They are sending him away to train in May. They will evaluate him and decide if he is ready or not.

Big oppurtunity regardless. There are tonnes of guys who would kill to be in his spot right now.

gatorade: do you train? Where?

cman: aren't you fighting this weekend? detalils please!

cman
04-21-2005, 04:06 PM
yes this saturday night (hopefully i can still watch pride LOL).
both mine and my opponents first MMA fights.
i hve just been training with my friend Ryan who has trained in boxing, kick boxing and jui jitsu over the past month.
i cant wait for saturday, win or lose it should be interesting.

Loose
04-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Give em hell boy. If this is your first fight, here are some basic tips:

- stay relaxed and keep cool: It will help you fight smart, and not gas out
- never quit, don't back down: Try not be scared or nervous. So many fights are determined by who has the most fight in them, who wants it the most.

These are two mental things that are essential to fighting well. I wish I knew them when i was fighting.

:banghead:

cman
04-21-2005, 04:19 PM
yea i have been focusing a lot on conditioning and keeping calm mentally. i know i have better stamina than him, but he has incredible mental toughness.
i know my opponent has excellent stand up offence, but has terrible defence and isnt great on the ground. i know he is going to come out swinging HARD, and i know i am going to get hit. having a slight height/weight/reach advantage im hoping to keep my distane with jabs and kicks than take him down and hopefully wear him out, then ground and pound or get a submission. HOPEFULLY that is how it goes!

Loose
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Who are you fighting, and where does he train?

cman
04-21-2005, 04:24 PM
devin something, and i have no idea where/if he trains.

gatorade
04-22-2005, 05:34 PM
i used to train bjj with a guy from the carlson gracie team. Not anymore though cuz they moved their dojo far away and I got lazy.

Dave P
04-23-2005, 10:18 AM
CMAN,

Good luck today man. Knock him the fuck out.

And make sure somebody gets pics for you.

Whats your nick name?

Dave

cman
04-23-2005, 08:17 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it got postponed.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
:( :dunno: :thumbsdow :banghead: :bullshit: :guns: :whipped: :cry:
fuck i was so excited and ready. fuckers!!!!
oh well, more training time i suppose:rolleyes:

cman
04-24-2005, 09:50 PM
what a shitty night. first my fight gets postponed.
then shaw decides to cancel the pride PPV.
so a night that should have been filled with fighting, ended up with none.

here is the pride results.

Arona decesion over Lister (could have gone either way)

Nakamura Decesion over randleman

Igor decesion over Yuki Kondo

Overeem chokes out Belfort round 1

Nogueria armbar over Henderson round 1

Sakuraba TKo over yoon dong sik Round 1

Shogun KO over Rampage round 1,breaks shoguns ribs

Silva decesion over yoshida,VERY questionable

Dave P
04-26-2005, 08:54 AM
A comment on the KOTC in edmonton i saw

"The promoters of the event have announced tentative plans to bring back King Of The Cage to Edmonton in October for a televised PPV show. The opportunity to land an American PPV event in Western Canada would be a huge step forward in the growth of MMA north of the border. Such an event would however, put pressure on the promoters to sign some bigger names to compete on the next card."

Would be kinda of cool. PPV would mean some bigger name fighters im guessing?

gatorade
04-26-2005, 05:31 PM
cman, you homo why didn't you post in my pride gp thread.

cman
04-26-2005, 06:36 PM
pride gp thread, i never saw one:banghead:

Dave P
04-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Cause its way cooler to post in this thread. duhhh

Loose
04-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Hope to see ya guys there, the last 3 have been great.

Held at Arashi-Do Martial Arts 12pm - 5pm 12730 St. Albert Trail 220-5425 or [email protected] for more info

If you are interested in getting some exp in a modified mma fight against a friend or an unknown of equal exp let me know and I'll match it up

See ya there

Mike Yackulic

Anybody want to try an MMA workshop? It's in Edm. Open door, free, yadayada

cman
05-02-2005, 12:20 AM
K-1 Kickboxing-The Worlds #1 Kickboxing Organization Comes To Canada

K-1Canada – The Start of the New Generation is about to explode into Calgary. The worlds largest stand up fighting organization FEG, Fighting and Entertainment Group in association with Joe Media, TSN and Keith Crawford present world class K-1 Max North American Elimination Tournament.

Date: Saturday June 4, 2005

Place: Max Bell Centre, Calgary

Time: Doors open at 6 pm, Fights start at 7 pm.

Tickets: Ticketmaster, GA $25, Ringside $55, VIP $125

This Canada vs. USA K-1 Max Elimination will be fought at 154 lbs with the winner representing North America in Japan at the $150,000 K-1Max Sweet 16. On the undercard Kerri Crothers (Canada) vs. Gina Carano (USA) will feature two of kickboxing's lethal divas.

For more information or to request any press pass for the event please call Keith Crawford @ 240-7567 or 616-6770 (cell).

for those 18+ there is also probably going to be a VIP afterparty, i will try to get us more info and hook ups for that.

cman
05-02-2005, 12:23 AM
also i have been hearing credible rumous that 2 ex-UFC champs (one still active but no longer champ;) ) will be holding an MMA seminar sometime this summer in calgary at National Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
you may recognize who they are;).
http://www.fight.ro/ver2/CMS/files/fight/fighters/images/thumb_250/1889417342_bus_rutten.jpg
http://www.thefightgame.tv/logos6/Randy_Couture_PDF.jpg

i will pass on info as soon as i get it.

cman
05-02-2005, 12:52 AM
and about nick ring.
it is official that he is going to pride.
he was one of my closest friends, personal instructor for 2 years so they talk quite a bit.
he is most likely going to go through a lot of intensive training before debuting in pride.
most likely in the states focusing on BJJ, under Roy Harris in California. he also may go to cesar gracies to train.
ill keep you guys updated.

Dave P
05-02-2005, 08:54 AM
MMAWeekly's Mick Hammond reports that Nathan Quarry, of the Ultimate Fighter fame, will indeed compete at UFC 53. Quarry has agreed to fight on the June 4th card but Quarry wouldn't release the name of his opponent for the show but he did say, "It's a UFC veteran who hasn't fought there in a while."

So that means that more fighters from the Ultimate Fighter show will be competing, as this weekend it was also announced that Forrest Griffin will face off against Bill Mahood on the UFC 53 card as well. Griffin has healed sufficiently from the injuries he sustained in his epic battle with Stephan Bonner to be able to fight in the Octagon on June 4th.

cman
05-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Bill "the butcher" Mahood is also canadian. so im not sure who i want to win. canada represent, or forrest who i think everybody loves.

also, Tito Ortiz has joined with the Maloofs (who own the Palms Casino and an NBA basketball team) to start a new MMA Promotion based out of California.

also, Kimbo slice is going to be cornering Charles McCarthy at ufc 53. he is hoping also to get onto the next TUF, or a UFC fight.

Dave P
05-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by cman
Bill "the butcher" Mahood is also canadian. so im not sure who i want to win. canada represent, or forrest who i think everybody loves.

also, Tito Ortiz has joined with the Maloofs (who own the Palms Casino and an NBA basketball team) to start a new MMA Promotion based out of California.

also, Kimbo slice is going to be cornering Charles McCarthy at ufc 53. he is hoping also to get onto the next TUF, or a UFC fight.

I think tito is in some wrestling ppv this month. looked lame. just like tito.

Kimbo scares me. I wonder how he would do on the ground.

Dave P
05-02-2005, 12:17 PM
also, i feel like a retard asking this, but did kimbo date paris hilton? i saw it on a few different sites.

cman
05-02-2005, 01:31 PM
i dont know, i wouldnt be surprised though. who hasnt dated her?
other than me:(

mac_82
05-08-2005, 07:28 AM
the K-1 event on sat june 4th, is it at max bell or the old sun center? may sound like a dumb question but i have been out of town for the last 6 months and havent heard much info on it. thanks for the help.:dunno:

Loose
05-11-2005, 11:51 AM
The old sun center I think. the card is a huge disappointment. Trevor Smanndych should be on it, a long with some other good kickboxers in North America. I can't believe the guys that are on the K-1 card here, brutal.

cman
05-11-2005, 07:15 PM
well my friend Ryan just signed for a big fight this summer against a kickboxer turned mma from the USA.
he wants to begin training pretty quikly, obviously with him teaching me i dont really do justice.
some of you guys seem to ahve experience in different disciplines so if you were interested in a training partner let me know because he is looking.

Loose
05-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Did any of you guys check out Bushido 7? It isn't on TV for 2 weeks, but it is on the net.

It was a damn fine show. I won't post spoilers.

Dave P
05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Did any of you guys check out Bushido 7? It isn't on TV for 2 weeks, but it is on the net.

It was a damn fine show. I won't post spoilers.

Where did you download it from?

mma-tracker.org keeps giving me

"This domain was purchased by fraudulent means and/or used in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy and has been placed under lock. If you believe that you have received this page in error and were instead expecting another page, or are interested in purchasing this domain (guaranteed funds only, not available in all circumstances), please contact [email protected]."

Loose
05-24-2005, 03:15 PM
got it there a couple nights ago, i guess just in time.

awd
05-24-2005, 03:18 PM

Where did you download it from?

mma-tracker.org keeps giving me

"This domain was purchased by fraudulent means and/or used in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy and has been placed under lock. If you believe that you have received this page in error and were instead expecting another page, or are interested in purchasing this domain (guaranteed funds only, not available in all circumstances), please contact [email protected]."

Nooooo, I just donated another 10 bucks! I have been getting events there for months.

Oh well, at least I have the entire UFC, Pride, KOTC library now.

gatorade
05-24-2005, 11:39 PM
that show isnt a k1 show, there is not one k1 fighter on it, there is no one on there under contract by k1, the event is not being supported by k1 at all in any way.

Supposedly k1 japan pulled out at the last moment, but I think the people promoting it are just full of shit(keith crawford), they just said that shit as a marketing ploy, because if this were legit, I would have heard this from multiple sources, I heard this so called news from two different people who got it from the people promoting the event.

But nobody affiliated with any mainstream martial arts news even heard of this, these people being guys who work for sherdog, and numerous people in japan.

And btw SPOILERS DONT LOOK BELOW

fucking nino the koala needs to die, he goes to chute boxe and then just stalls.

awd
05-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Just an announcement -- PLEASE do not post the address to the new MMA-TRACKER site to the forum.

mac_82
05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
so is anyone going to the fights this saturday (june 4th) at max bell? :dunno:

Loose
05-31-2005, 09:49 AM
awd, can you pm me the new adress pls.

Dave P
05-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Me To?

DKMurphy
05-31-2005, 08:50 PM
I'd greatly appreciate a PM with the url as well.

Thanks...

DKM

platypus
05-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Do not PM or post the mma tracker link to anonymous people, gatorade and cman.

Why do you think the mma tracker went down in the first place?.. too many people who did not need to know the address found out, and tactlessly posted randomly because secrecy means nothing once they found out themselves.

gatorade
05-31-2005, 10:38 PM
lol, back in the day I used to get my mma from irc, straight from the people who encoded it, then those fags opened the mma tracker and stole our releases.

Also, glad you guys watched the Japanese PPV, its always superior to the american ppv, better commentary(although I like bas, and mauro is cdn), better editing, better music, and they always show hot Jap bitches, ie. eiko.

DKMurphy
06-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I had a 1.31 ratio on mma-tracker, not the best ratio but better than most.

So, while I may be new to this forum, I was active there for quite some time.

I even used that same handle here, in hopes that I might be recognized.

I agree, it shouldn't be posted publically, but if no one is told about the new URL, then there will be no one to share the load of seeding.

/dkm

Loose
06-02-2005, 09:03 AM
You guys looking forward to UFC this weekend? Seems a bit more low key. I'm interested to see the Bill Mahood guy against Forest. I also want to see the David Loiseau fight. I guess I like watching canadians.:confused:

Arlovski is one of my favorites, but I'd preffer to see him fight someone better. Should be good.

awd
06-02-2005, 11:16 AM
You guys looking forward to UFC this weekend? Seems a bit more low key. I'm interested to see the Bill Mahood guy against Forest. I also want to see the David Loiseau fight. I guess I like watching canadians.:confused:

Arlovski is one of my favorites, but I'd preffer to see him fight someone better. Should be good.

Not really, I want to see it but the fight card is melodramatic.

Why Jim Scarey deserves a shot at the title confuses me.

gatorade
06-02-2005, 06:12 PM
bushido 7 if you havent seen it..

Dave P
06-03-2005, 08:56 AM
So whats everyones predicitions?

UFC 53 - JUNE 4th- Atlantic City, New Jersey

- Andrei Arlovski vs Justin Eilers - UFC TITLE FIGHT
Im calling arlovski with the win. Ko in the second round

- Evan Tanner vs Rich Franklin - UFC TITLE FIGHT
Tanner by RNC

- Nathan Quarry vs Shonie Carter
Quarry Ko's mr international in the first

- Paul Buentello vs Kevin Jordan

Buentoell ko's jordan in the second

- Matt Serra vs Karo Parisyan

Parisyan with the by arm bar

- Nick Diaz vs Koji Oishi

Diaz

- Forrest Griffin vs Bill Mahood
Mahood by judges decision, although im cheering for both fighters

cman
06-03-2005, 12:51 PM
my picks:
Buentello KO
Carter KO
Louiseau KO
Diaz sub
Parisyan sub
Griffin Dec.
Franklin Dec.
Arlovski KO(death) lol

gatorade
06-04-2005, 12:12 AM
arloski vs eilers - arloski by tko round 1

tanner vs franklin - tanner has never been really good, franklin will beat him by tko in the second or first round

shonie carter vs quarry - are you crazy thinking carter will get koed?, I don't recall ever seeing him ever getting koed in a fight before, and Team quest fighters are not known for knocking people out, I say Carter by decision if he still has it.

Buentello vs jordan - who the hell is jordan?, Paul by ko round 1

matt serra vs karo parisyan - this is going to be a sub war, but karo is going to pull off the decision

nick diaz vs koji - if koji was someone I would know who he is, Diaz by tko round 1

griffin vs mahood - mahood by decision

LOL at eilers, buenetello(got fucked up by igor bad), jordan, koji, being UFC material, I still think griffin, mahood, and quarry can prove themselves tommorow.

awd
06-05-2005, 07:35 AM
I didn't get to see it last night, "getting" it now -- please don't post any spoilers!

awd
06-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by gatorade
bushido 7 if you havent seen it..

Affirmative, if UFC 53 is half as good as Bushido 7 I will be happy, although I doubt it. Almost every fight ended in a KO -- that Baroni vs. Minowa slugfest was great. The only disappointment was Chonan vs Schembri -- I really looked forward to watching Chonan fight again and Schembri just laid there.

Comments on UFC 53 shortly.

Dave P
06-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Talk about a must win for Baroni.

Was a wicked match

awd
06-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Talk about a must win for Baroni.

Was a wicked match

Yea man, I thought Baroni was out of gas during the first round -- Minowa was far ahead in striking and the ground.

That Gomi match ended a little rough hey?

gatorade
06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
minowa needs to get off his ass and learn to be consistent, he has skills but always seems to screw up, they even sent him to brazil to train with the brazilian top tea, he should go train with chute boxe.

Gomi is awesome, i used to hate his guts, because his fighting stytle before was the same as tito ortiz's, take the guy down, dry hump them to decision, now he goes out and fucks people up.

someone should shot nino schembrei, he is a bjj champ, and hes been with chute boxe for a few months, but he still thinks hes a koala bear.

awd
06-05-2005, 06:03 PM
minowa needs to get off his ass and learn to be consistent, he has skills but always seems to screw up, they even sent him to brazil to train with the brazilian top tea, he should go train with chute boxe.

I dunno man, he was out striking baroni in that first round and manhandling him on the ground. IMO, it was just a good fight that had to end in one of em getting KO'd. Although, in the past Baroni fights I have seen he never got a second wind like this one.

Gomi is awesome, i used to hate his guts, because his fighting stytle before was the same as tito ortiz's, take the guy down, dry hump them to decision, now he goes out and fucks people up.

Same, I used to hate his make-up and plucked eyebrows but the guy is a machine. I really like watching the lightweights, so much more action.

someone should shot nino schembrei, he is a bjj champ, and hes been with chute boxe for a few months, but he still thinks hes a koala bear.

He seemed even more defensive than usual. Sucks though, I like watching Chonan bang.

Still waiting to watch UFC 53.

awd
06-06-2005, 12:30 PM
UFC 53 was not that impressive -- a few nice exchanges but nothing memorable.

I will not post any spoilers until everyone has seen it.

Thank god for PRIDE.

mac_82
06-06-2005, 12:42 PM
just wanted everyone to know i got some muay thai shorts and boxing hand wraps for sale in the misc. section, sorry to steal the thread. on another note did anyone go to the kickboxing fights on saturday? i missed them but wanted to know if they were any good. :dunno:

Dave P
06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Lets Say Give Everyone Until Wed to See UFC 53 then talk about it?

Busido Rocked.

What the heck was wrong with Gomi? It took like all his corner men and the ref to get him off Azerado

Anyone see this?

LIVE ON SPIKE TV - ULTIMATE FIGHTER AUGUST 6TH (features guys from season 1 of TUF)

Nathan Marquardt vs Ivan Salaverry
Mike Swick vs TBA
Stephan Bonner vs Sam Hoger
Josh Koscheck vs TBA
Chris Leben vs Patrick Cote

UFC 54 - August 20th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas

Chuck Liddell vs Jeremy Horn

Randy Couture vs Mike Van Arsdale

Frank Trigg vs Georges St.Pierre

Joe Riggs vs Matt Lindland

Tim Sylvia vs TBA

Diego Sanchez vs TBA

David Terrell vs TBA

cman
06-06-2005, 12:52 PM
finally jeremy horn makes his return, i hope he can beat down liddel.
trigg GSP should be a good match
and i wonder how sanchez will fair against an opponent who stands a chance against him (hopefully they get someone decent)

awd
06-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Lets Say Give Everyone Until Wed to See UFC 53 then talk about it?

Busido Rocked.

What the heck was wrong with Gomi? It took like all his corner men and the ref to get him off Azerado

I think he was just frustrated -- I have never seen someone hurt him like Azerado did and like the announcer said, "Hi pride was damaged".

Anyone see this?

Chris Leben vs Patrick Cote

Leben is going to have trouble with Cote -- Chris thinks his hands are heavy? :D

Dave P
06-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Wow, after further review

Bushido 7 >>>>> UFC 53

haha