PDA

View Full Version : How many people are juicing at your gym?

canuckmuscle
04-11-2005, 08:47 PM
I just want to have a kinda poll of how many people everyone thinks are juicing at their gym. I've heard on other forums some numbers that seemed really high, and i think of Calgary as pretty laid back and honest, so i figured we would have pretty low numbers.... lets find out

shane
04-11-2005, 08:49 PM
juicing?

ecstasy_civic
04-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by canuckmuscle
i think of Calgary as pretty laid back and honest, so i figured we would have pretty low numbers.... lets find out

think again.
theres more then you think.

but at my gym, id say half dozen.

canuckmuscle
04-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by shane
juicing?

juicing, on gear, chemical supplements. lol. If you're not sure what i mean exactly then thats a good thing i suppose, but you wouldn't be able to pick it out then.

Marsh
04-11-2005, 09:06 PM
At school, 5 for sure

World health, probably a dozen or so

KAVIE
04-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I was one of the Managers at the YMCA, and we would catch people in the locker room with needles sometimes.. sadly there is a lot more people doing it than you think

BumpinTalon
04-11-2005, 10:13 PM
at our gym? maybe one guy.. cochrane health club represent haha

canuckmuscle
04-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
At school, 5 for sure

World health, probably a dozen or so

school. God bro, i seriosuly hope you mean university and not high school.

cman
04-11-2005, 10:51 PM
word to the people who said a lot more than you think.
i found out 2 friends were on it just recently, they were guys i never would have suspected to ever even consider juicing.

davidI
04-11-2005, 11:07 PM
There are tons of guys 'juicing' but most guys that do don't look it!!! I could pick out 3-5 at my gym probably....but I imagine there are 20 other rich wanna be's on the 'legal' gear.

Marsh
04-11-2005, 11:10 PM

school. God bro, i seriosuly hope you mean university and not high school.

Yeah university haha

hockeybronx
04-11-2005, 11:22 PM
I workout in my basement, so nobody juices in my gym:D

I know quite a few friends/acquaintances through hockey, firefighting, or just anything else who have experimented before.

~Leah~
04-12-2005, 12:03 AM
I juice

I'm beginning to have masculine characteristics, grow facial hair, have a deeper voice... it's good times. LOL

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO joking... thats sick.

cman
04-12-2005, 12:05 AM
yea well i have bitch tits, so there!
double d's, not full of silicone, over here.

Kirbs17
04-12-2005, 12:28 AM
at the Airdrie Rec Centre I havent seen anyone, but you cant always definitively tell who use's em

7thgenvic
04-12-2005, 12:51 AM
i would say only a couple at the south YMCA, but then again most of them are highschool kids!

finboy
04-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I juice

I'm beginning to have masculine characteristics, grow facial hair, have a deeper voice... it's good times. LOL

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO joking... thats sick.

Darkane
04-12-2005, 02:48 AM
like 1-2 that ive seen shawnessy YMCA.. One guy just looked like he was gonna explode doing his workout LOL. :eek:

B69
04-12-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
I workout in my basement, so nobody juices in my gym:D

I know quite a few friends/acquaintances through hockey, firefighting, or just anything else who have experimented before.

Dont firefighters get piss tested constantly?

thinmyster
04-12-2005, 07:39 AM
anabolic steroids usually produce acne on their back also known as BACKNE :rofl: :rofl: Just a heads up... another way to help you spot it!!!

paulsaddress5
04-12-2005, 07:55 AM
man there is probably 50+ kids at my high school using forshure, prob 50 more that just quit usin it. i think they are easier to get ahold of in winnipeg than calgary judging by the amount. there is 1400 kids in my school, but 50 is still alot.

cycosis
04-12-2005, 10:58 AM
wahst the most common one that people are using?

Imagination
04-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by cycosis
wahst the most common one that people are using?

testosterone

davidI
04-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Imagination

testosterone

most people use some form of testosterone pre-cursor, not testosterone itself. This is how some companies had the ability to market 'legal' steroids.

Imagination
04-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by davidI

most people use some form of testosterone pre-cursor, not testosterone itself. This is how some companies had the ability to market 'legal' steroids.

yes i was hoping people knew there are different types of testosterone such as propionate, cypionate, enanthate, phenylpropionate, isocaporate, decanoate etc ...

Speed_69
04-12-2005, 11:24 AM
i was comtemplating injecting testosterone before because i wanted fast gains

where would i buy this kind of stuff anyways?

kragnorok
04-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Yuou shouldn't need to juice, just be determined, and its really not that hard to bulk up, dont be lazy, get on a good diet, and work out regularly, its really not that hard. Like in the last month i lost 10 lbs and put on a lot of muscle in my chest and shoulders, and thats only from light cardio, and the workin out i have to do at work. I push like 40-60 700-1000 lb bikes every day at 5igh, for at least an hour straight, and thats my workout for the day, cuz im too dead to do anything else when i get home.

Imagination
04-12-2005, 11:35 AM
that wouldn't be considered bulking ... what you just said is cutting since you're loosing weight and burning fat.

EDM
04-12-2005, 01:29 PM
ive never personally seen anyone at Gold's do any of that

cman
04-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
anabolic steroids usually produce acne on their back also known as BACKNE :rofl: :rofl: Just a heads up... another way to help you spot it!!!

there are young people who get that without ever taking any supplement or "juice", so that is not always the case.

ecstasy_civic
04-12-2005, 07:41 PM
lol

and theres other "things" available to help combat the acne, and its not like there BIG pimples lol

its more like small red bumps.

davidI
04-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

First of all that's a dumb idea, second of all you'll probably end up buying veterinary products in fake anabolic steroid bottles and lastly, you can get yourself and this site in shit for such inquiries.

ecstasy_civic
04-12-2005, 08:23 PM

First of all that's a dumb idea, second of all you'll probably end up buying veterinary products in fake anabolic steroid bottles and lastly, you can get yourself and this site in shit for such inquiries.

No doubt lol
talking about it is one thing, asking where you can buy it is opening a whole other can of worms.

If you dont know what it is, or how to use it, dont even think about touching it.

~Leah~
04-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by EDM
ive never personally seen anyone at Gold's do any of that

You may not have seen it... but we did find a needle in the men's locker room the other week... still trying to figure out who....

Chim
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
It's hard to just guess by looking at people in your gym.

My theory is that most juicers are the disgustingly large bodybuilders (competition level), and scrawny kids trying to find a quick way to gain muscle and impress the ladies.

hockeybronx
04-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by B69

Dont firefighters get piss tested constantly?

Nope, they ask you in your personal history statement when applying if you have ever taken steroids, but to my knowledge there is no drug screening or check-ups.

EDM
04-12-2005, 10:08 PM

You may not have seen it... but we did find a needle in the men's locker room the other week... still trying to figure out who....

"we?". whataya doing in the mens locker room?:D

where was it anyways?

thinmyster
04-12-2005, 10:25 PM
whoops looks like EDM lost a needle....BUSTED!!!

J/K

SikAssR1
04-12-2005, 10:36 PM
I used to go to North Hill World HEalth, and I think that gym has the most juicers around. Now I go to Cardel, and I think that has the most fattest people around.

EDM
04-12-2005, 10:46 PM
whoops looks like EDM lost a needle....BUSTED!!!

J/K

my last one too :(

jk, i hate needles eek

Wildcat
04-12-2005, 10:47 PM

you can get backne from waxing (ingrown hairs) it looks really bad, doesnt necessarily mean the guy is juicing.

Originally posted by Speed_69

your the type of kid id sell vegatable oil too for twice the cost of a test, lol.

Nope, they ask you in your personal history statement when applying if you have ever taken steroids, but to my knowledge there is no drug screening or check-ups.

cops and such tend to turn the other cheek with steriods. if your a big dealer usually something is worked out with them. a supplier i know has it pretty sweet, sells to them and everything like its none of his business.

and as for the topic at hand, theres alot of guys that just take a little bit here and there for performance enhancers, sports, whatver.... whoopty friggin do. and then theres bodybuilders, but you need to understand its part of the sport is all.

~Leah~
04-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by EDM

"we?". whataya doing in the mens locker room?:D

where was it anyways?

haha... WE meaning the gym... I personally did not :P

I have no idea as to the details about it

JAYMEZ
04-13-2005, 12:27 AM

Actually there is now , only reason I know this is because they have to go through my father if they want to be a police officer or a firefighter LOL , this in Calgary , soon Airdrie.

But anyways , back to the topic..
I think ive narrowed it down to 6 at Westside Rec , 4 being under 20. :thumbsdow and the other 2 are just hardcore muscles heads who cant stop lifting weights everywhere they go , and vains popping out like no tommorow :barf:

davidI
04-13-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

But anyways , back to the topic..
I think ive narrowed it down to 6 at Westside Rec , 4 being under 20. :thumbsdow and the other 2 are just hardcore muscles heads who cant stop lifting weights everywhere they go , and vains popping out like no tommorow :barf:

Haha, how did you narrow it to 4 under 20? I haven't seen any guys under 20 there often enough or even remotely big enough to think they'd be juicing. It wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of those punks did juice....I just wouldn't be able to tell!

There used to be some pretty big boys there though that for sure juice. I've really gotta start working out again though....it has been months so maybe things have changed!

~Leah~
04-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Yeah Dave, get your fat ass back to the gym:rofl:

JAYMEZ
04-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Well i go about 4-5 a week , and at wierd times lol , I am very observent of the people around me(Yes ive seen you beyonders LOL) and how much they have grown and how the muscles look and behaviors blah blah ( Physco white kid who wears a tuque all the time... He wants to lift everything not in use , he is one crazy fool. Plus last week he had injection points in his arm, and calf , and both bleeders(Which means he did a bad injection). (AND Must have injected in his car lol)
I can list some discriptions of them if you want me to LOL

davidI
04-13-2005, 11:33 AM
haha, that's all good dude. I'm not that observant but I probably will be now that you mention it. Usually I see those bastards, get really angry and do another set.

Ways to make me mad at gym:
1) Talk loudly with your 'homies'
2) Wear Touque
3) Wear beater
4) Wear those loose low stringy muscle shirts
5) Run around teh gym lifting everything and not re-racking weights
6) Using incline benches as a flat bench when there are open flats
7) Leaving a water bottle to 'hold' it while they go who knows where.
8) Stealing every 25 pound plate in the gym to do some gay reverse t-bar row ridiculous shit with your gay hockey friend instead of using a couple 45s
9) Not re-racking your weights properly
10) Cell phones
11) Guys who bring their girlfriends and are all touchy/feely/kissing them instead of lifting
12) Groups of loud, obnoxious asian kids talking about how tough they are even though I could probably drop 3 of their 90 pound high school asses (I'm sure white kids do this too but it's asians at westside)
13) PTs who incorporate swiss balls into EVERYTHING
14) People who sit on the equipment between sets when they're using 5 minute rest periods (I don't care if they're going to pound out 5 sets in 5-6 minutes)
15) People who grunt excessively when lifting light ass weight
16) People who get dressed up to work out - a Gucci shirt ain't gonna make you lift more than me in a torn up athletic shirt from high school.
17) People who wear sunglasses in the gym when workin out

Fuck....totally random vent but the mention of Westside brings these thoughts to my head. I need a new gym! I'm sure a lot of this shit happens elsewhere but Westside is more like a mall hangout for jr.high/high school kids than a hardcore gym so I think it has contributed to my lazyness as of late. Nice equipment and close to home though.....

BumpinTalon
04-13-2005, 11:51 AM
i'm glad I work out in my gym... when its busy, there is maybe 25 people in it.

Wildcat
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
hahahaha, dave your gym sucks, lol. :rofl:

~Leah~
04-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Awww Dave come to my gym, you get the benefit of seeing me every day, what more could you ask for... hahahahaha :nut:

YCB
04-13-2005, 03:05 PM

12) Groups of loud, obnoxious asian kids talking about how tough they are even though I could probably drop 3 of their 90 pound high school asses (I'm sure white kids do this too but it's asians at westside)

hahah thats so true... they are my "brothers" hahaha

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par10.htm

here's a funny article, if you read it.. you could probably think of a person that relates to each type of gym loser.. haha

ecstasy_civic
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
haha, that's all good dude. I'm not that observant but I probably will be now that you mention it. Usually I see those bastards, get really angry and do another set.

2) Wear Touque
3) Wear beater
8) Stealing every 25 pound plate in the gym to do some gay reverse t-bar row ridiculous shit with your gay hockey friend instead of using a couple 45s
10) Cell phones
11) Guys who bring their girlfriends and are all touchy/feely/kissing them instead of lifting
14) People who sit on the equipment between sets when they're using 5 minute rest periods (I don't care if they're going to pound out 5 sets in 5-6 minutes)
16) People who get dressed up to work out - a Gucci shirt ain't gonna make you lift more than me in a torn up athletic shirt from high school.

Fuck....totally random vent but the mention of Westside brings these thoughts to my head. I need a new gym! I'm sure a lot of this shit happens elsewhere but Westside is more like a mall hangout for jr.high/high school kids than a hardcore gym so I think it has contributed to my lazyness as of late. Nice equipment and close to home though.....

that is fuckin hilarious, theres a few of those stereotypes at my gym, but its pretty calm and mostly older more mature people.

t-im
04-13-2005, 03:08 PM

2) Wear Touque
3) Wear beater
10) Cell phones

How come I don't see any of that at Westside???..haha I see small groups of asians once in awhile, but I go at odd times.

Tyler883
04-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I just want to have a kinda poll of how many people everyone thinks are juicing at their gym. I've heard on other forums some numbers that seemed really high, and i think of Calgary as pretty laid back and honest, so i figured we would have pretty low numbers.... lets find out

I couldn't care less. I'm not there to socialize or make friends. I keep to myself - other people's business is not my concern.

JeremyD
04-13-2005, 03:53 PM

I heard of one guy who had his clients stand on these while doing squats! That is just crazy sure you might develop balance but I think I would have a hard enough time just doing the motion without adding weight to it. You could kill someone if you slipped.

davidI
04-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Awww Dave come to my gym, you get the benefit of seeing me every day, what more could you ask for... hahahahaha :nut:

I'd rather puke from doing squats than from seeing you :tongue:

Originally posted by t-im

How come I don't see any of that at Westside???..haha I see small groups of asians once in awhile, but I go at odd times.
Seems like they're there every day after school. Like I said I haven't been going often for a while but the last time I was there they were annoying the absolute fuck out of me. I just need to move closer to a late night gym in the next couple years I think.

Originally posted by JeremyD

I heard of one guy who had his clients stand on these while doing squats! That is just crazy sure you might develop balance but I think I would have a hard enough time just doing the motion without adding weight to it. You could kill someone if you slipped.

Those are incredible for stabilizer muscles. Usually they use the half swiss balls (half ball on a flat base) for it but it truly is a full body work out. You can't really use much weight or you'd lose traction on the ball but it is a good enough work out even without weight. Swiss balls are great for stuff like working stabilizers...but most people's goals aren't in conjunction with that. Most guys want to gain size/muscle or cut fat and most chicks want to lose weight/fat. Working the stabilizers is great from a health aspect...but when people get disgruntled with their lack of progress and stop working out it isn't healthy so I don't get why PTs do it. If some b-rod wanted to lose weight I'd put the bitch on a cardio, diet and circuit training routine instead of making her play around with some stupid ball for an hour everyday. I guarantee the results she'd see is what would make her come back...people don't notice strong 'stabilizers'

But once again...I fucked the thread. My apologies.

B69
04-13-2005, 09:38 PM

Wow that really suprises me. Anyone know if cops are the same way?

B17a
04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Well i go about 4-5 a week , and at wierd times lol , I am very observent of the people around me(Yes ive seen you beyonders LOL) and how much they have grown and how the muscles look and behaviors blah blah ( Physco white kid who wears a tuque all the time... He wants to lift everything not in use , he is one crazy fool. Plus last week he had injection points in his arm, and calf , and both bleeders(Which means he did a bad injection). (AND Must have injected in his car lol)
I can list some discriptions of them if you want me to LOL

Surely you've seen that black guy, not saying he's a juicer, but he is friggin huge! You must know who I'm talking about, he's about 5'8" and his arms look like oil drums welded to the side of his body.

davidI
04-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Surely you've seen that black guy, not saying he's a juicer, but he is friggin huge! You must know who I'm talking about, he's about 5'8" and his arms look like oil drums welded to the side of his body.

Yea, that guy is awesome though. I'm sure he runs cycles but he also competes and seems to know his stuff so I don't mind him. He's also a really nice guy and not one of those cocky, stereotypical muscle heads!

B17a
04-14-2005, 03:24 PM

Yea, that guy is awesome though. I'm sure he runs cycles but he also competes and seems to know his stuff so I don't mind him. He's also a really nice guy and not one of those cocky, stereotypical muscle heads!

For sure, I always see him giving tips to younger kids. He's just so damn huge, seriously I think he has about a 30" waist, 50" chest and 22" arms.

JAYMEZ
04-14-2005, 06:49 PM
^^ Yah that guy is super nice , he showed me how to do squats properly , like 2-3 years ago lol ... And he is always listening to the same music over and over if you guys havnt heard lol.

His chest has to be bigger than 50' im thinking 54'

Wildcat
04-14-2005, 07:21 PM
^what gym do you guys all goto? anyone know his name?

JAYMEZ
04-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Westside Rec , im there all the time.

Wildcat
04-14-2005, 09:43 PM
if you know the guys name chances are he is on www.abba.ab.ca if he competes.