PDA

View Full Version : I just got my ass kicked by a caravan!!!

The Rider
04-12-2005, 01:28 AM
So I was pulled up to the light on Bow Bottom to turn onto Canyon Meadows Drive about 1/2 hour ago and there's a white ealry 90's Dodge Caravan sitting beside me on the inside lane. I didn't even notice it really until the light turned green and I was halfway through the corner when this guy cruised past me on the inside, straightened out and just took off. Now I may be driving a car with 90hp, but a Dodge Caravan still shouldn't be able to blow the doors off of me. When I pulled up beside him again the guy had a huge smile on his face and showed me that he was wearing a racing harness. I don't know what he's got in there but that van is one hell of a sleeper. Anyone else seen this thing? It looks like a total POS family van until he steps on the gas and you hear the engine. Pretty cool IMO.

BlkMaxima
04-12-2005, 01:35 AM
If it is a darker color i think it is turbo that guy is hilarious

finboy
04-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by The Rider
So I was pulled up to the light on Bow Bottom to turn onto Canyon Meadows Drive about 1/2 hour ago and there's a white ealry 90's Dodge Caravan sitting beside me on the inside lane. I didn't even notice it really until the light turned green and I was halfway through the corner when this guy cruised past me on the inside, straightened out and just took off. Now I may be driving a car with 90hp, but a Dodge Caravan still shouldn't be able to blow the doors off of me. When I pulled up beside him again the guy had a huge smile on his face and showed me that he was wearing a racing harness. I don't know what he's got in there but that van is one hell of a sleeper. Anyone else seen this thing? It looks like a total POS family van until he steps on the gas and you hear the engine. Pretty cool IMO.

there are a few of them in town, they came stock with a turbo 2.5 like in my sig :D

there are some in the states running 12's, and in town i know of the following ones...

-cream coloured one, t3/t4 hybrid, 5 speed
-brown 2.5, t3, intercooled, 5 speed
-purple 2.5, t3, intercooled, auto, lots of boost
-black and grey, t3/t4, built auto, lots of boost, no more :(

and quite a few others.

watch out for turbo dodge sleepers, they are quite good at owning unsuspecting cars, hahaha

see "www" by my sig for my tubo dodge :)

BerserkerCatSplat
04-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Note, if anyone has the urge to make a sleeper Dodge, there's a maroon turbo Carvan SE for sale over on Morley Trail. :bigpimp:

fast&dangr
04-18-2005, 11:52 AM
any caravan will crush your 323 if it wants to.

AllGoNoShow
04-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Next you will be wanting to watch out for a guy from INDY Machine Services driving his 350 SB suped to shit in his 90's Astro.

avow
04-20-2005, 12:55 AM
i have a 94 dodge caravan and you would be suprised how much those things can actually haul. alot faster then the 03 3.3l grand caravan sport that the family owns...

i think the base stock engine on the older caravans is a 3.0l mitsubishi if i am not mistaken.

finboy
04-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by avow
i have a 94 dodge caravan and you would be suprised how much those things can actually haul. alot faster then the 03 3.3l grand caravan sport that the family owns...

i think the base stock engine on the older caravans is a 3.0l mitsubishi if i am not mistaken.

depending on the year, it could have cone stock with a TBI 2.2L all the way to a 3.3L, but the most popular motor for the guys who want to go fast is the 2.5T

DRFT-S13
04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
That van is great, i got a laugh out of it. I bumped into him on Macleod one night last summer. He was launching and stuff off the line, which i thought was impressive considering the vehicle. That van is quick, but was not quick enough for my S13. Great sleeper!!

J.

-Dev101-
04-22-2005, 04:38 PM
hahahahahaha thats fucking hilarious

carguy
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
so you got spanked... and still you're sharing that around???

Rockski
04-26-2005, 08:21 PM
^^^ by a quick van, thats the whole point, you wouldnt expect it

menace3
04-26-2005, 09:10 PM
thats a one fast minivan.

Phy
04-26-2005, 09:14 PM
There is no shame in getting spanked by a sleeper of that magnitude, I say. How could you have known?

Supa Dexta
04-26-2005, 09:18 PM
I seen an old dodge van given' er the other afternoon.... I can't remember what it said but it had a personalized plate... It may have been green/grey...

:)

in*10*se
04-26-2005, 11:58 PM
... by a minivan...

BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

losers....

Ashkente
04-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Add a white one with chrome hubcaps to the list...saw it downtown on Sunday. Heard it coming from blocks away...:rofl:

djstefan
05-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Got a Cargo Astro 97 at home and that thing has a 4.3 Vortec engine. 180 HP if I'm not mistaking. It leaves lotsa ricers behind.

Think about it, 4.3 engine and only 2 seats in it. The rest all empty.

Tha VZA
05-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Ashkente
Add a white one with chrome hubcaps to the list...saw it downtown on Sunday. Heard it coming from blocks away...:rofl:

Hey ya'll the new (well old, its an 89, but he just got back into town from being away for 2 years) anyway

the loud loud one with a HUGE mopar logo painted intercooler is my buddy, we swapped the turbo out of the 2.5 turbo that the van came with and dropped in an intercooler from a 2004 F-350 super duty, there are, i think if i remember correctly, up to 5 fuel injectors, with two blow of valves, and a three stage boost set up he has wired into it, inside its gutted cept for two seats from a colt and he has a red racing harness on the drivers seat...boost gauge, air/fuel, controls for 3 satge boost controller etc, and a lot of stickers, summit racing, auto meter, mopar i think too etc. etc.

anyway if you see him around, say hi, real cool guy and loves cars, he'll be out at the track more now that we have swapped the turbo etc.......before he ran 17.09, so we hope it'll be 14-15.5s now

ciao

jumperman8
05-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by The Rider

Yo, ill be honest, why the fuck are you telling people this
Just curious haha:dunno:

finboy
05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Tha VZA

Hey ya'll the new (well old, its an 89, but he just got back into town from being away for 2 years) anyway

the loud loud one with a HUGE mopar logo painted intercooler is my buddy, we swapped the turbo out of the 2.5 turbo that the van came with and dropped in an intercooler from a 2004 F-350 super duty, there are, i think if i remember correctly, up to 5 fuel injectors, with two blow of valves, and a three stage boost set up he has wired into it, inside its gutted cept for two seats from a colt and he has a red racing harness on the drivers seat...boost gauge, air/fuel, controls for 3 satge boost controller etc, and a lot of stickers, summit racing, auto meter, mopar i think too etc. etc.

anyway if you see him around, say hi, real cool guy and loves cars, he'll be out at the track more now that we have swapped the turbo etc.......before he ran 17.09, so we hope it'll be 14-15.5s now

ciao

you should tell him to check out http://www.turbo-2.com
its a western canada turbo dodge forum

gorillam
05-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by finboy

there are a few of them in town, they came stock with a turbo 2.5 like in my sig :D

there are some in the states running 12's, and in town i know of the following ones...

-cream coloured one, t3/t4 hybrid, 5 speed
-brown 2.5, t3, intercooled, 5 speed
-purple 2.5, t3, intercooled, auto, lots of boost
-black and grey, t3/t4, built auto, lots of boost, no more :(

and quite a few others.

watch out for turbo dodge sleepers, they are quite good at owning unsuspecting cars, hahaha

see "www" by my sig for my tubo dodge :)

Those are the worst engines ever built on this planet, every single on of them blows about 10 head gaskets a year. STOCK

vcteggy
05-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Tha VZA

ciao

that would be sick if he ran 14's in a van

88CRX
05-04-2005, 10:38 PM
saw a older white van the other day. maybe a caraven and wow!!!!! hella loud turbo and blow off valve :thumbsup:

Tha VZA
05-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
saw a older white van the other day. maybe a caraven and wow!!!!! hella loud turbo and blow off valve :thumbsup:

yeah that was most likely my buddy, its actually quite ridiculous to see the set up really close, wait when he scraps those bosch BOV's for some sturdier talon ones or sumthin like that, he hasnt put anymorethan $500 into this van which is cool for how fast it goes

ciao

finboy
05-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

Those are the worst engines ever built on this planet, every single on of them blows about 10 head gaskets a year. STOCK

nice, but WRONG

headgasket issues were solved by simply using the OEM mopar performance headgasket which cost a WHOPPING $30, OMG!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!!!1111
not only that, you can swap the headgasket in under 2 hours.

the bottom end is a very stout, and i don't know of many other cars you can throw into the LOW 14's for less then a grand including cost of car, and still drive it daily/reliably

cman
05-04-2005, 11:02 PM
s dime just got owned by it today haha. stock s-10 vs. that thing=pwnz3r1z3d

k_dawg
05-05-2005, 01:50 AM
whoa thats so crazy. Minivan power, fast and still fits 7 other girls ;) . Now thats pimp lol:rofl: :rofl:

turbo minivan
05-08-2005, 07:19 PM
:closed:

turbotrip
05-08-2005, 07:22 PM
there was this one substitute teacher at churchill who would always claim that he put a corvette engine into his caravan but nobody really believed him, now im starting to think maybe he was telling the truth

turbo minivan
05-08-2005, 07:25 PM

turbo minivan
05-08-2005, 07:29 PM

Kona9
05-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by turbo minivan
ok, this IS TURBO MINIVAN HIMSELF. my name is brandon and yes, the rumors are true. i drive a white 89 plymouth voyagar that i converted to a caravan. it has a 2.5 turbo engine with a garrett .48 A/R and a 50 trim wheel. my boost is in the 17 to 18 psi range depending on the weather. i have an intercooler in it from a 2000 ford powerstroke diesel that i got at a junkyard, a 2 stage boost bleed with an overboost elimenator and a turbo responce that i made for under $12, im using the stock BOV but i had to add a second one cause with just one it would still surge (hence the super loud BOV sound some of you talked about). im puting a bosch in backwards so it has no chance of leaking and its twice the size of a stock one (mine seem to leak around 15-17 psi). i have a cold start injector 8" from my intake on my intercooler line that supplys the needed extra fuel over 14.7 psi. i solderd a 4.3v diode into my map sensor to keep the computer from shutting down over 14.7 psi. ill be looking for 15's soon at the track. it did 17.09 totaly stock,
so look for me. its a white caravan with chrome hubcaps and a 5 point harness, and its got about $450 under the hood. oh, and to the guy who slamed these engines saying the head gaskets suck.... lets see whos head gasket blows first between us once im in the 13's shall we? my friend Leon Bellavance who is running the same engine in a daytona at 486 whp and 11.2 seconds in years past melts pistons before he blows gaskets. (as keen ones may note you see his name on the top 10 list on this sites home page, you will also note that thear entry for his car is wrong as he hasent run it this year and he has his money set on high 10's
once its together again.) any good comments for me? [email protected]

As your buddy said you were a nice guy....I don't doubt that for a second. You seem to know your stuff about your set up and also seem quite mechanically enclined. Now would you please ponder the topic of not driving like a meat stick please. Im sure your van is fast, and it only needs to be cool and fun in your eyes, but I have seen you twice this past month, and both times you were driving like a blind kid with terrets (sp?) So much so, that you made the mistake of going around the same residential block twice (41st ST SW and 45th ave area) while doing your super duper cool blow off valve noises and taking off fast enough to make the mom sitting with her 3 kids in the front yard call the police. (as she ran around the side of her house getting your plate number as you pretended you were at race city!! )
Not to mention your little show on 17th ave a couple saturday nights back. Just a word of advice, you will probably actually have girls in your silly bus, if you would just not make your blow off valve go off every 4 car lengths. Maybe you were lost and wanted to be on 17th ave SE. :dunno:

Good luck on your track times. Steal the show at race city, not residential areas and 17th Ave SW. You are only hurting your self.

turbo minivan
05-08-2005, 09:08 PM
sorry, i was being dumb.

chris
05-08-2005, 09:32 PM
boost, it's addictive

camaro
05-08-2005, 11:28 PM
crazy mini vans. :rofl:

skyline19
05-09-2005, 03:44 PM
my mom drives a mini van and it isnt to be underestimated. :)

finboy
05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
get a 1g dsm bov, so much easier then runing 2 of those crappy stockers.

good to see another turbo dodge guy on the board ;)

turbo minivan
05-09-2005, 06:04 PM

BubbaSTi
05-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Man where did you get the supercharger for 200 bucks?!!!

I have always wanted to put a supercharger on my Grand Am but I am just a 20 year old at a summer student job with insurance and bills to pay.

turbo minivan
05-10-2005, 05:27 PM

turbo minivan
05-10-2005, 05:37 PM

BubbaSTi
05-10-2005, 06:22 PM
It is all good man. Even though I probably won't be doing anything to this car it is nice to see the possibilities of it. Also your info on the blowers and what you are doing was pretty sweet and fun to read :)

turbo minivan
05-10-2005, 08:42 PM
:closed: ........sigh...the stupid things we do as kids..........:banghead:

TomcoPDR
05-14-2009, 12:41 AM
These things are bad ass

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/0513091730a.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/0513091730.jpg

scat19
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Haha! What a bump.

el_cap
05-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Any pics of this badass minivan? Just curious so I'll know to look out for it..

corsvette
05-14-2009, 11:40 AM
that minivan engine is in a car now,it ran in the 13's last year at race city.

zipdoa
05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
hahaha I was :confused: with all the oldschoolers and then... I read the date.

Kona9's post earlier was halarious.

TDFTW
05-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Here is my old van. 21psi on the stock mitsu turbo. intercooled. she was alot of funs. I still remember the look on the guys face who was driving that prelude when I pulled from him as hard as i did haha

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/evolize/Misc/vanexhaust.jpg?t=1242339497

95EagleAWD
05-14-2009, 04:25 PM
There's one in Edmonton that put down 345 whp to the front wheels. I imagine it hauls ass.

jsn
05-14-2009, 05:10 PM
wow 4 year bump...

These turbo minivans seem to have quite a fan base.

http://www.turbominivan.com/

slinkie
05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
lmfao

trolled

makulitz
09-13-2012, 09:58 PM
there is one mini van too that i've been seeing in somerset area who happens to deliver dominos pizza that is spooling on the street. i was surprised when i saw this early 90's minivan swoosh-ing between gears.. lolz!

G-ZUS
09-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by makulitz
there is one mini van too that i've been seeing in somerset area who happens to deliver dominos pizza that is spooling on the street. i was surprised when i saw this early 90's minivan swoosh-ing between gears.. lolz!

U look at the dates bro?

Mibz
09-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Still relevant. I see it too. Baby blue caravan with Neon SRT4 wheels and the hilarious Dominos sign.

5000Audi
09-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Still relevant. I see it too. Baby blue caravan with Neon SRT4 wheels and the hilarious Dominos sign.

yep ive had this guy deliver to my door, but atleast now when i order i know when he is almost here so i can grab my funds and meet him at the door!

cman24
09-19-2012, 09:19 PM
My buddy has a van with a twin turbo gt3000 engine in it , the van is about a 95 or so and hey has racing belts

slammedfc
09-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by cman24
My buddy has a van with a twin turbo gt3000 engine in it , the van is about a 95 or so and hey has racing belts

cool story bro