PDA

View Full Version : Danger ANY LOWERED CARS stay AWAY!!!

thinmyster
04-12-2005, 11:07 AM
I Just thought we should start a thread of places to avoid due to harsh curbs or huge speed bumps that will rip off front bumpers or leave you high centered.. anyways in taking my car out this last month i have bottomed out way too many times from brutal parking lots and drive throughs where it is almost impossible to take the curb on an angle.. anyways

Stay away from drive through at the Mcdonalds in midnapore by the midnapore mall... The thing is fucking viscious damn near lost my front bumper

Its funny that i even go through drive throughs because there is not eating allowed in my car!!!! :cry: :cry:

GT2NV
04-12-2005, 11:30 AM
yeah you cant ever put your car through that one, i always try to just go inside, or just go to wendys because that drive through doesnt go straight down:thumbsup:

Gspotracer
04-12-2005, 11:42 AM
The huge speed bumps leaving SAIT in front of the Automotive building:thumbsdow

Def_3
04-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster
I Just thought we should start a thread of places to avoid due to harsh curbs or huge speed bumps that will rip off front bumpers or leave you high centered.. anyways in taking my car out this last month i have bottomed out way too many times from brutal parking lots and drive throughs where it is almost impossible to take the curb on an angle.. anyways

Stay away from drive through at the Mcdonalds in midnapore by the midnapore mall... The thing is fucking viscious damn near lost my front bumper

Its funny that i even go thorugh drive thoughs because there is not eating allowed in my car!!!! :cry: :cry: :werd: :werd: :werd: i wanted to kill the drive through kid, he's like oh its not steep, go ahead.......bastard

nj2Type-S
04-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Gspotracer

:werd: :banghead:

thinmyster
04-12-2005, 12:54 PM
and there is always someone right on your ass who doesnt understand or care, so there is no time to back up or shift your position

leaving an impark lot downtown and this taxi van decides to take up half the entrance/exit forcing me to take it straight on ccrhshshshs!!!!!! FAUCK put me in a bad mood all the way home hahah fucker wasnt in his vehicle too (damn good thing)

I know!!! that grease monkey at Mcdonalds just probably laughs everytime a nice car goes down that fucking cliff they call an exit!!!

ZorroAMG
04-12-2005, 12:57 PM
I hate Home Depot on Mcleod, their speedbumps are ridiculous.

adrianracer
04-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Its funny that i even go thorugh drive thoughs because there is not eating allowed in my car!!!! :cry: :cry:

:werd:

JordanEG6
04-12-2005, 01:01 PM

:werd: i hit them all the time, so i exit the other side going to 10 ave. but you have to turn illegally :thumbsdow

403Gemini
04-12-2005, 01:02 PM
id just like to point out the notorious ones at mt royal. just the other day i was leavin a parking lot and this integra comes in, and its front bumper at the bottom where it obviously looked as tho it hit a speed bump had literally its paint RIPPED off. made me sad to see that :( especially since the integra wasnt rice, was just lowered with a subtle body kit *sigh*

thinmyster
04-12-2005, 01:13 PM
yeah ive learned how to avoid and take alternate entrances/exits.. but its usually never when your entering just when you get trapped exiting. Im not sure if its better to go slow and hear the nice long scrape or just gun it/drop the clutch wave the middle finger and get it over with???

any suggestions on which method is better??

Kirbs17
04-12-2005, 01:55 PM
The parking lot speed bumps here at the 8th street condos in Airdrie. Or the Intersection where pharmasave and centre st (in airdrie) is at. Ive bottomed out there. Entering the scotia bank/ panago parking lot in airdrie. Caution, they all sux

abyss
04-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
The parking lot speed bumps here at the 8th street condos in Airdrie. Or the Intersection where pharmasave and centre st (in airdrie) is at. Ive bottomed out there. Entering the scotia bank/ panago parking lot in airdrie. Caution, they all sux

ARRRG on the condos, luckily my car isn't lowered, but those are the STUPIDEST speed bumps I've ever seen, right at the bottom of a 45 degree incline there's a foot high speedbump. Who plans these things?! I just go in the back entrance from now on when I go to pick up/drop off my friend.

Kirbs17
04-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Ive had to deal with those fucking speedbumps since they were put in in October of '03. Im so fuckin glad were moving.

teknical
04-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I perfer to go slower, gunning it may cause your bumper to catch and possibly rip off. If you go slow you hear the scraping, but you avoid ripping off.

ca2p3r
04-12-2005, 02:19 PM
the traintracks on blackfoot are deadly aswell :banghead:

ca2p3r
04-12-2005, 02:19 PM

civicrider
04-12-2005, 02:20 PM
almost all the roads around westhills suck ass the intersection by westside is terrible and theres a bunch of bad manholes aroudn there

Zero102
04-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Hmm, the princess auto entrance is pretty bad, and the speed bumps in the mall on 17th ave S.E. between 28th and 32nd(?) st. They're mountains out front of the Co-op, my old scooby wagon bottoms out on them, and it's pretty high.

mdeleon
04-12-2005, 02:56 PM
the speed bumps in front of sobey's in london town square...when you're coming from tim hortons/a&w headed towards sobey's, the first speed bump is brutal...but the second one before the stop sign is okay.

also, every single speed bump in country hills or coventry hills (whichever one), around sobey's, burger king and all those places. it's not that bad but if you car is really low, it'll scrape almost every single speed bump.

abyss
04-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
Hmm, the princess auto entrance is pretty bad, and the speed bumps in the mall on 17th ave S.E. between 28th and 32nd(?) st. They're mountains out front of the Co-op, my old scooby wagon bottoms out on them, and it's pretty high.

Hampstor used to LOATHE that Co-op when he had his 240sx, he would just avoid it like the plague.

asp integra
04-12-2005, 04:03 PM
the speed bumps at MRC are pretty bad too, my car isnt even lowered yet and i have bottomed out once or twice

97IntegraRS
04-12-2005, 04:11 PM
:werd: I have to drive very slow over those speed bumps.

Supa Dexta
04-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Ha the princess auto one is bad.. we tried to launch it in a truck one day...

Also in marda loop, the little center there with the registry, wolfmans, liqour store I believe, leaving from the end of the parking lot at the lights on 33rd, is a little ruff also, even for a stock car...

:thumbsdow

EgyptLuv
04-12-2005, 07:07 PM
every road, parking lot, drive through, or anything you can drive on in calgary...

djayz
04-12-2005, 07:17 PM

this ones horrible its long and high so if your front and back tires are on the ground the middle of your car scratches the bump
i really dont like speed bumps why cant they just use rumble strips?

vcteggy
04-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Watch out for Crowfoot, lots of weird speed bumps and lots of sketchy rich kids driving around, it's no good.

nismodrifter
04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
stay out of saskatchewan. period. my jetta is not even dropped yet and I scrape/hit things like crazy. potholes have owned my car and it rattles/squeaks all over now everytime I even go over a hairline crack in the road. GAYNESS.

Hash_man
04-12-2005, 10:00 PM
The speedbumps at SAIT do really suck... so damn big, but westhills is worst... I hadn't been there for years, and didnt notice the unpainted uber speedbumps... just about cried when my car hit one of those.

Oh, and the back entrance to the Cactus Club on Macleod is sooo brutal, i went out that way once, not realizing how bad it was,... just about ripped off my exhaust.

thinmyster
04-12-2005, 10:03 PM
^^^^ill remember that thanks thats right in my area

djayz
04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
ohh yah the over pass bridges on memorial drive on top of deerfoot if you hit those bridge connectors in the wrong spot they really shake up your car

my car rattles cuz of hitting those everyday.. i did find out however that the right lane is the smoothest the left lane is horrible

Ekliptix
04-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Man, good thing my car is as high as a 4x4.

futurecivic
04-12-2005, 10:14 PM
what about the mountians at rona on macleod aswell
:banghead: :banghead:

thinmyster
04-12-2005, 10:16 PM
yah like i said you hit something like that speed bump start scraping and there is someone right on your ass not letting you back up forcing you to go over and fugg it up even more

lam-boy
04-12-2005, 11:56 PM
you guys see the parking lot of blockbuster on 17th ave? that thing is brutal.

school parking lots, the td canada trust parking lot on memorial drive, co-op on 17th ave, the parking lot that belongs to the brick is pretty bad too..ahh\!

Melinda
04-13-2005, 12:01 AM
I remember from high school that the parking lot behind western
(getting up into it) can be really brutal. So if you guys park there to head to the bars on 17th, be careful going up the hill into the lot :thumbsup:

finboy
04-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Man, good thing my car is as high as a 4x4.

but for you lowered guys, right hand lane, north bound center street, right by china town. HUGE mound of concrete in the middle that my buddy bottomed out on, sparks went flying, lol.

Hash_man
04-13-2005, 12:44 AM
I remember from high school that the parking lot behind western
(getting up into it) can be really brutal. So if you guys park there to head to the bars on 17th, be careful going up the hill into the lot

Thats nothing.... At wisewood, we had about 50000 DOUBLE speedbumps... and they were big... so brutal

dieselpower91
04-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Ha the princess auto one is bad.. we tried to launch it in a truck one day...

Phat97Yukon launched his old blazer off that one a while back, we caught some good air. Trying to fly it out coming back out wasn't so fun.

I find Edgemont and Hamptons have the worst roads in general. Especially Hamptons Blvd. coming from edgemont/country hills blvd. so many huge dips one after another.

X_plorer
04-13-2005, 12:52 AM
In Victoria BC they have these huge "speed humps" they don't even qualify as bumps. They are about 5 feet wide and must be a like a 45 degree grade. Nasty. Your worried about bottoming out, with these you have to worry about becoming airborn! They have something similar but smaller and a lot more crappily marked in Kensington in some of the residential areas.

Nothing I hate more then a speed bump when all the yellow paint has worn off and you nail it.

CalgaryB5
04-13-2005, 01:47 AM

Stay away from drive through at the Mcdonalds in midnapore by the midnapore mall... The thing is fucking viscious damn near lost my front bumper:cry: :cry:

Hay thanks.

That fucking bumbs ownz my plastic pan once already.

:whipped: :guns:

lastprodigy
04-13-2005, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by CalgaryB5

Hay thanks.

That fucking bumbs ownz my plastic pan once already.

:whipped: :guns:

count me in, owned my old Apex'i N1

lude_grl
04-13-2005, 03:58 AM
the car wash in harvest hills makes my lude cry every time i hear the front bumper scrape...im like....eeee im sorry baby :(
its horrible and its bad at both exits so you cant even avoid it

frozenrice
04-13-2005, 01:01 PM
1) the underground parkade at Eau Claire. the ramp going down is steep and when you reach the bottom where it flattens out, get ready for a big crunch. A bunch of us G2 guys found this out just last Sunday. 5-6 cars in a row all did the same thing.

2) southbound 14th street, single lane just before canyon meadows, there's a dip in the road that I bottom out on every time I drive that way.

3) off ramp from 14th street north on to Glenmore west, the transition from the bridge girder to solid road surface, if I hit right at more than 60km/h, it'll jar my car enough to skip the cd player.

4) dual left turn lane onto Glenmore west (where Glenmore and Sarcee meet) the right part of the dual turn has some fairly large ruts. If you take the turn at a good speed to beat the light, there's a good chance that you'll catch the ruts with the underside of the car.

teknical
04-13-2005, 01:36 PM
I remember the Bishop Grandin upper parking lot :(

I drove an suv back then, but the downhill was brutal!!

Also the turning lane on hertiege turning left onto 14th, theres a really deep manhole in that lane, so watch out!!

ZorroAMG
04-13-2005, 02:14 PM
THE AIRPORT ARRIVAL TERMINAL.

Nuff said.

vietdood
04-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Nuff said.

those are huge, but htere's alot of room to go at an angle.

jdmakkord
04-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by lude_grl
the car wash in harvest hills makes my lude cry every time i hear the front bumper scrape...im like....eeee im sorry baby :(
its horrible and its bad at both exits so you cant even avoid it

Your car isn't even lowered.....I can get in and out with ease, just slowly.

frostyda9
04-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by finboy

but for you lowered guys, right hand lane, north bound center street, right by china town. HUGE mound of concrete in the middle that my buddy bottomed out on, sparks went flying, lol.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

I HATE that one. Some other ones:

-right lane, southbound 14th St. by Kensington
-right lane, Elbow drive northbound, just past 58th Ave.
-as mentioned, Blockbuster/Wendy's @ 37St. and 17 Ave
-Richmond Road westbound past the carwash. Pothole, left lane
-S.bound Deerfoot turning onto 24th. St SE...Brutal!!
-the road to Race City, you know the one
-Glenmore east turning onto Elbow north, pothole on the right
-the bump to get onto the road @ minimall by Honda West
-as mentioned, the Eau Claire parkade. W T F
-coming down 14th St. from SAIT, nasty manholes in the left lane

those are just off the top of my head, this city sucks for dropped cars :guns:

edit: Glenmore westbound (not eastbound) onto Elbow ^^

88CRX
04-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

:werd: :werd: :werd:

I HATE that one. Some other ones:

-right lane, southbound 14th St. by Kensington
-right lane, Elbow drive northbound, just past 58th Ave.
-as mentioned, Blockbuster/Wendy's @ 37St. and 17 Ave
-Richmond Road westbound past the carwash. Pothole, left lane
-S.bound Deerfoot turning onto 24th. St SE...Brutal!!
-the road to Race City, you know the one
-Glenmore east turning onto Elbow north, pothole on the right
-the bump to get onto the road @ minimall by Honda West
-as mentioned, the Eau Claire parkade. W T F
-coming down 14th St. from SAIT, nasty manholes in the left lane

those are just off the top of my head, this city sucks for dropped cars :guns:

you know your slammed when you have that all memorized :thumbsup:

PGTze
04-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by ca2p3r

Heh I drive a truck to work over those tracks avery day and it's still fuckin harsh

thinmyster
04-13-2005, 10:30 PM
thats one extensive list there frosty ahah thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fcuk_it
04-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Nuff said.

good thing i took the suv today.. saw them and they were HUGE!!!:guns:

Mr.Touchdown
04-14-2005, 10:48 AM
there is a spot going down 33rd right before the lights at 14th street is bumpy as hell due to ripples in the road, i have scraped my bumper at least twice so just slow down. Damn this city and there crappy roads. :guns:

frostyda9
04-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Ah yeah, I hate that one too. I also remembered there's one on 26th Ave eastbound around 17ish street....they cut across the road but did a terrible job matching the heights when they patched it. Hopefully fixed by now, but I doubt it.