PDA

View Full Version : ever got pulled over for this reason?

Autodream
01-06-2003, 01:09 AM
I was driving last night with phil and pat on Macloud leaving down town I notice a cop pull up behind phil. about a minute later he slow down to go behind me. Sure enough the Cherries came on. They came up to the window and said they had to pull me over because my windows were down and it rainning out side. he ask me why did I have them down? I said "I don't know". they went and check my shit then came back couple minutes later, appologize to me then let me go.
For those of you driving in light rain. keep your windows up.

jdmakkord
01-06-2003, 01:11 AM
maybe they assumed the car was stolen, and the window had been smashed to gain entry. Not too crazy of an idea.

kenny
01-06-2003, 01:22 AM
I think I have been harassed with a worse reason! Cops came into where I was enjoying some drinks once and asked who drove the white SLK outside. They made me go outside, so they can check me for any warrants. The reason they made me go with them outside... because there was a broken beer bottle beside my car which has obviously been there for a long time since the glass was spread out everywhere and was already in really tiny bits (driven over many many times).

Pretty dumb! luckily, I have no warrants out for my arrest! :) haha

outsider
01-06-2003, 01:23 AM
i once got pulled over because the cop liked the lighting of my deck. and asked me how much i had payed fore it. he said that he wanted to get one for his son.

Weapon_R
01-06-2003, 02:21 AM
I got pulled over and given only 1 ticket for not having my driver's licence on me. Figure that one out.

SR20 - Maybe he figured he could get a tinting ticket from you because the windows were down - I know a lot of ppl would roll both of their front windows down so the cops wouldn't stop them because of tint - even in very cold weather.

GTS Jeff
01-06-2003, 03:24 AM
i was gona say was weapon r said...

GroundZero112
01-06-2003, 05:41 AM
Maybe he thought you hot boxed your car and was airing it out

yakish
01-06-2003, 06:37 AM
maybe they assumed the car was stolen, and the window had been smashed to gain entry. Not too crazy of an idea.

:rofl:

redline_13000
01-06-2003, 07:17 AM
i got pulled over for that reason last summer, i guess they thought my windows were tinted, the officer told me to raise the window about half way. cops are hurtin:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Dope Dealer
01-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000
i got pulled over for that reason last summer, i guess they thought my windows were tinted, the officer told me to raise the window about half way. cops are hurtin:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

You have the worst problem with cops. Hahaha...

turboMiata
01-06-2003, 09:56 AM
I was pulled over last year for making a shortcut through a Mr. Submarine parking lot. I was going slow, stopping at the exit and all that jazz. The cops were parked at Mr. Sub but followed me out and pulled me over 3 blocks later. Harrassed me but didn't give me a ticket. After that, they pulled into a Subway

:dunno: :dunno:

Hipermax_d
01-06-2003, 01:15 PM
just say the inside of your car is getting too stuffy so you had to open the window a bit to get fresh air

Hollywood
01-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by GroundZero112

Ya that's what I think too. Suped imports are such a heat score these days. He was probly hoping you were smoking some cheebah.

silverEL
01-06-2003, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Weapon_R
[B]I got pulled over and given only 1 ticket for not having my driver's licence on me. Figure that one out.

Ditto

bol
01-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
I was pulled over last year for making a shortcut through a Mr. Submarine

haha is that the mr sub on 14th st near 17th ave? i saw people cut through there all the time AND get pulled over!

trendkill
01-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by sr20det95
I was driving last night with phil and pat on Macloud leaving down town I notice a cop pull up behind phil. about a minute later he slow down to go behind me. Sure enough the Cherries came on. They came up to the window and said they had to pull me over because my windows were down and it rainning out side. he ask me why did I have them down? I said "I don't know". they went and check my shit then came back couple minutes later, appologize to me then let me go.
For those of you driving in light rain. keep your windows up.

They did that cause drunkdrivers sometimes put there windows down to try and sober up, and if its rainy or cold out they gotta wonder sometimes...

aZnBlooD
01-06-2003, 06:23 PM

:werd:

jdmakkord
01-06-2003, 06:25 PM
All I know is, with all of the jacked cars lately.....I dont mind getting pulled over just to make sure. As long as I dont get raped with tickets for nothing.

WrxRally89
01-06-2003, 06:29 PM
mayb they thought you were smoking sumtin and they wanted to know what it was if you were smoking

mrmattyk
01-06-2003, 06:31 PM
The worst is the Wendy's on macleod and 69th street (right by the Denny's and near Future Shop). The entrance is situated quite close to macleod trail and it's quite easy to turn left out of the entrance (exiting through the entrance) and be on your way. There is a 'no left turn' sign there and I see people getting pulled over whenever I am in the area.

SilverRex
01-06-2003, 06:34 PM
wtf? the cop must have some krazy fetish fantasy about windows that are down during rainy dayz.. scary lol

turboMiata
01-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by bol

haha is that the mr sub on 14th st near 17th ave? i saw people cut through there all the time AND get pulled over!

Fux! that's the one! shit!

missblondie
01-07-2003, 01:18 AM
I got pulled over going through northern ontario @ around 2am. We were driving to toronto and I guess they thought the car looked suspicious. When he realized they made a mistake he tried to make up for his mistake by warning me that there were excessive moose in the area at that time and I should look out. Weird OPP.

12V
01-07-2003, 02:01 AM
the best idea if you have tinted windows is to hide a switch off of your "power window" fuse, if you get pulled over just roll the windows down and turn the switch off, then claim that they don't work! ....how can they give you a tint ticket if they can't see your windows! ...there's no ticket for having windows that don't go up!

Ben
01-07-2003, 02:36 AM
My stunting ticket for Horn Honking was pretty good...it was later reduced to a 69 dollar noise violation none the less, but still...who would have thought 138 bones and 3 demerits for honking a horn...

szw
01-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex
wtf? the cop must have some krazy fetish fantasy about windows that are down during rainy dayz.. scary lol

wtf are you talking about

Ben
01-07-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by szw

wtf are you talking about

Currupt cops man...currupt cops...

civic_stylez
01-08-2003, 07:45 PM
if cops suspect anything the are legally allowed to make up an excuse to pull you over. if you watch COPS you should see some off the shit they come up with to pull people over. (windows too dirty, one tire more inflated than the other) nasty shit! if i got pulled over for windows being down id tell him i ate nasty taco bell.....

RiCE-DaDDy
01-09-2003, 01:37 AM
yea but no one watches that shit

girlRACER
01-09-2003, 04:29 AM
Tonight while heading to Crowfoot on a cruise with the rest of the Beyond guys after the 403 meet, I was on Crowchild. When I got to the Mac's a guy in a minivan pulls up beside me and starts yelling at me through his open window. So I just walked away while he was screaming at me and he got the nerve to walk out of his car to show me his badge and told me he would give me a ticket b/c I supposedly cut him off and changed lanes in a double yellow line. That made me sooo pissed off :banghead:

MistaBrent
01-09-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
Tonight while heading to Crowfoot on a cruise with the rest of the Beyond guys after the 403 meet, I was on Crowchild. When I got to the Mac's a guy in a minivan pulls up beside me and starts yelling at me through his open window. So I just walked away while he was screaming at me and he got the nerve to walk out of his car to show me his badge and told me he would give me a ticket b/c I supposedly cut him off and changed lanes in a double yellow line. That made me sooo pissed off :banghead:

I hate cops. I used to have respect for them till I started driving.

The only nice cops ive seen are in Montana.

HAHA the cops shook my hand after giving me the ticket, told me to have a good trip and that I can get away with going under 10mph.

When i was getting a ticket in august the week i got my drop top gt here in calgary on 16th ave. The guy was taking forever it was like 20min of waiting. So i turned my radio on very low. And another cop comes up to me and says I dont appreciate your little music show. do you want a ticket for that too.

I hope he gets whats coming to him.

Power happy bastard. I hate mean cops.

The cops own the Tim Hortons on centre street hahahah there always there.

Nix87
01-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Me and a bud got pulled over for a Chinese fire drill... good times.
Nick

CLiVE
01-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Well only been pulled over once on my motorcycle for doing 40 in a parking lot...

But back about 6 years ago when I was 19. I was waiting at a bus stop, and didn't have any "change" for the bus, I only had a toonie, and it was $1.60. So I asked an elderly lady at the bus stop if she had change for a toonie. The lady said, "let me check dear" opened her purse, and all of her credit cards, money, etc. falls out.....worst timing ever.

I'm helping her pick everything up, and a cop car pulls up to the bus stop. The cops asks me "what's going on here son...." I explained the situation....and said, I was asking for change for the bus, and held out the toonie (which was mine to begin with...)

The cop then said, don't you know panhandling is against the law, and tried to give me a ticket. Finally let me off with a warning....

I was so pissed off.