PDA

View Full Version : Car Keyed at U of C

autospeed
04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
So just yesterday at around 4pm or 4:15pm I came out to my car at uni, parked in lot 11, with a buddy of mine only to find that my entire driverside was keyed. Honstely WTF!!!! It started at the back of my car near the tail light and went from the quarter panel onto my door and then my fender. Not only that but the housing on the rear view mirror was cracked as well, cause it was pushed forward like hell. SOOO PISSED off, that some ignorant jackass would do something like this.

I tried goin to campus security today to see if I could get a video tape to see who this was, but they were allready closed. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else on campus, and how it was taken care of if at all? And if you guys know whether or not lot 11 has any cameras?

This is just ridiculous seeing as how I'm trying to sell my car and now with exams coming up have to leave it like this till I can take it to my shop and fix it. So guys be careful and keep an eye out, I guess I'm somewhat lucky to have a shop and be able to paint it myself, but this could be huge $$$ for a lot of people.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

end rant, sorry guys just had to vent and let everyone know to keep an eye out.

autospeed
04-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Oh yea if anyone can come up with a way to find out who would do this let me know. All i can think of is to just sit and study in a friend's car for a day and keep an eye out to see if whoever did it comes back.:dunno:

u4ia
04-12-2005, 08:10 PM
sorry to hear about that, i know the feeling.

my car was broken into in lot 11 about 2 years ago. i was parked way in the back, which i now know is a bad idea.

i talked to campus security and they told me that there weren't any cameras in lot 11 because of all the trees. don't know if it's any different now but that's how it was before.

they also told me it'd be a better idea to park in lot 10 as they have cameras out there up till about halfway in. so again, don't park way in the back.

hope you find out who did it, but from my past experiences the chances of that are extremely slim.

Weapon_R
04-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Join the club - I have a huge keymark from the U of C parking lots too. I never park close to anyone, mainly because I hate dings, but some people are just animals.

BokCh0y
04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
what's worse is when you go out of your way to park "far away" from everyone else just to come out and see that jackass parked right beside you.......on purpose.

but yeah, people at the u of c left me lots scratches, dents, dings.....

lastprodigy
04-12-2005, 09:28 PM
well karmas a bitch aint it, but i guess it could also be comming back to you......ppl never think of that

Toms-SC
04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Although I would like to say you deserve it, you don't. Nobody deserves that sort of treatment.

-KiTtY- boo
04-12-2005, 11:16 PM
that must really suck man...and good luck about getting any tapes from those jack asses.. even if there are cameras there, campus security will juss tell u that they dont have the videos or they cant give it to u.... same sort of thing happend to by bro and when he went to go ask for the tapes, they said there not allowed to distribute info like that, so when he asked them to at least look at it and see if they can catch the ass doin it.. they told him that those camera are not there for that purpose and not to bother them wit garbage like, they told him to come back when he has a real problem, like someone stole his car or if he gets attcked in the lot.... and even then they cant gaurantee anything... now i forgot but is lot 11 the one across the civil building and close to the oval and machall?

shakalaka
04-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Man that shit sucks like hell. I am not too sure about the cameras over there, but if they have a sign or something saying "video monitored" or some shit then yea they do. Cauz lot 10 has that shit, and i always try to fucking park as close up front as possible. I dont trust these fucking people. Same thing happened to a friend of mine and his was BAD. like really bad. Thats when i just fucking stopped driving my bimmer to uni. I just drive the civic these days and still try to be as careful as i can. Good luck with this shit man, getting and tapes and all. If you catch them make sure either you beat the fuck outta them or get them to pay you for the damage.

autospeed
04-13-2005, 02:12 AM
I was actually parked in that space where three cars fit right near lot 12. It's when you turn right after goin paying the fee and then look to ur left. It was in the middle there closer to mac hall and kinese. Ironically I thought i got a good spot that morning because I had an early lab....

I guess I'll see if I can sit in a buddy's car and study for a day, and just keep an eye on my car, see if whoever did it comes back...It is a slim chance but I would enjoy catching the guy who was the cause of me having to repaint the entire left side of my car.:devil:

t-im
04-13-2005, 02:20 AM
That sucks shit dude, I wonder why people even bother...karma will kick some ass here

fast95pony
04-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Why do some university students act like 10-year-old punks ??

Sorry about your car.

:(

/////AMG
04-13-2005, 03:23 AM
Shit man, sorry to hear about this. Make sure you go early tom and ask security if they caught it on tape. They probably won't let you look but try to put them in your shoes, I'm sure if your nice enough they might do something (hopefully).
Also... could be just jealous idiots too.
Keep us updated.

Zero102
04-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't even think those are proper parking spaces, there are no lines there...

-KiTtY- boo
04-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
I don't even think those are proper parking spaces, there are no lines there...

dont think think they are too.. but ppl made them into parking spaces
but ya auotspeed i really dont think they have any cameras over there... but good luck finding the jerk

skandalz
04-13-2005, 11:07 AM
i used to live off of 16th ave. and i went back home to bc for reading week one year. i came back to see that some fucktard keyed my car. worst part was the idiots played tic-tac-toe on my trunk. i was pissed but i had to laugh. anyways... any idiot who thinks it's funny to do something that stupid should have their bottom lip pulled underneath their chin and have their teeth kicked in, IMO ;)

EnRich
04-13-2005, 11:33 AM
that enraged me just to read it.... mother fuckers, its these pieces of shit, prob drugies, with no lives, driving shitty ass cars or the bus, having no money, getting jealous over something that someone else has worked so hard for... If I ever EVER see someone doing that to any nice car, I'm gonna lose it... snap...

Rich

autospeed
04-13-2005, 01:58 PM
^ totally agree with you. It's a good thing I never caught the guy in the act, and a good thing that my tire iron is in my car cause if I had it on me I probably would have given him a nice makeover. Took me 6 years of work to save up for the car and now the whole side needs to be repainted.:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Oh yea tried talkin to campus security and those lazy bastards didn't really seem to care. Said it was nothing serious.:rolleyes:

Zero102
04-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Campus security blows, then only time I've ever seen them do anything is when my car was on fire, and the guy came out with a fire extinguisher... he didn't get very far.
Lucky the fire truck was driving by and saw the smoke.

The guy who did it probably parks in lot 11 or 10, since they were walking through there.

t-im
04-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
Campus security blows, then only time I've ever seen them do anything is when my car was on fire, and the guy came out with a fire extinguisher... he didn't get very far.
Lucky the fire truck was driving by and saw the smoke.

The guy who did it probably parks in lot 11 or 10, since they were walking through there.

So what happened with that? lol

and re keying cars, what satisfaction do people get out of it..i mean unless they truly hate you..but some random person doing it..i just don't see it

-KiTtY- boo
04-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Oh yea tried talkin to campus security and those lazy bastards didn't really seem to care. Said it was nothing serious.:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

told ya they werent gonna do anything about it... that shit is not of importance for them

goldenrocket
04-14-2005, 08:27 AM
sorry to hear bout the car. saw the key marks and they bad. campus security dont do that much shiet at all. i remember having a geology lab outside and security drove by then drove by again, got out of their cars sat down and just watched us look at exciting rocks for 15 mins. i guess thats why if u call them to walk you to your car they come 45 minutes later. hope u find the guy who did it.

AsianCaucasian
04-14-2005, 08:34 AM
That sucks ass... I just recently started parking in Lot 11 because I was tired of walking all the way to Lot 10... I'll keep an eye out.

Zero102
04-14-2005, 10:12 AM
So what happened with that? lol

Not too much, have a smelly, very black car in the garage right now. :(