PDA

View Full Version : High School..

mrmattyk
01-06-2003, 02:06 AM
Has anyone been really depressed since High School?
I really miss being in a place with friend and foe alike where everyone knew everyone and fun times were aplenty... :(

I was just out with a bunch of people from High School tonight and it was really nice to be together again. When we all had to leave again to go to our different schools, and in some cases different cities which was really sad.

Weapon_R
01-06-2003, 02:22 AM
Everyone goes through that. I remember going to Uni and leaving everyone I knew in High School (since none of my friends went to Uni). Funny thing is, you barely end up talking to those same people after a while and only the real friends last. You end up making new friends, leaving old ones, life goes on.

mrmattyk
01-06-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Everyone goes through that. I remember going to Uni and leaving everyone I knew in High School (since none of my friends went to Uni). Funny thing is, you barely end up talking to those same people after a while and only the real friends last. You end up making new friends, leaving old ones, life goes on.

I've been out of High School for 2 years, and I feel the same way I did last year. I think it's because I took a program that only "really computer orientated individuals" (aka nerds) are in (other than Dave) and I can't exactly make friends with people I can barely relate to. My idea of a fun evening isn't installing Linux onto my computer or playing EQ, and I am not saying that to be funny that is all they do. I get to see my friends during winter break and summer, it's just between then it's pretty lonely.

I do appreciate you sharing your experience, thanks.

GTS Jeff
01-06-2003, 03:34 AM
personally, im glad to be in university instead of highschool. everything is way better...tho i do miss my many of my old friends from calgary. thats why i go back to calgary as much as i can and have a blast everytime!

girlRACER
01-06-2003, 03:45 AM
You can never build the same kinds of friendships anywhere else that you build in high school. The environment is just different and you're always in each others faces...through thick and thin in High school. I meet some people at the U but I find it hard to make friends b/c I never hang around the U enough. But it's amazing how many people I've met off Beyond!!!

GTS Jeff
01-06-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
You can never build the same kinds of friendships anywhere else that you build in high school. The environment is just different and you're always in each others faces...through thick and thin in High school. I meet some people at the U but I find it hard to make friends b/c I never hang around the U enough. But it's amazing how many people I've met off Beyond!!! :werd: ive met a lot of cool ppl from beyond

max_boost
01-06-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
You can never build the same kinds of friendships anywhere else that you build in high school. The environment is just different and you're always in each others faces...through thick and thin in High school. I meet some people at the U but I find it hard to make friends b/c I never hang around the U enough. But it's amazing how many people I've met off Beyond!!! :werd:

I didn't make any friends in University but met many at SAIT. Its weird, I prefer SAIT. It is almost like highschool again, first semester I was in the same classes as everyone else. It was nice to see the same people everyday.:dunno:

EG STyLeZ
01-06-2003, 04:26 AM
yeah i always miss high school! just being with your friends everyday, skipping class whenever, and plus high school was so much easier than uni is now! oh yeah also the high school fights and drama...

Melinda
01-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
:werd:

I didn't make any friends in University but met many at SAIT. Its weird, I prefer SAIT. It is almost like highschool again, first semester I was in the same classes as everyone else. It was nice to see the same people everyday.:dunno:

I agree with you completely man. SAIT is awesome for that. I went back to my high school just after we got out for winter break and I thought I'd be a little more homesick to come back. Just made me appreciate the fact that I was growing and moving on.

High school was pretty awesome for me but everyone's right, 7 months after high school, I only hang with 4 people from school now and I used to have lots of friends...other stuff has taken priority.

Same as GIRLracer, I have met tons of nice Beyond members and even hang out with them just as much as my other friends sometimes.

Melinda

mwmhong
01-06-2003, 07:53 AM
University is a good opportunity to get rid of bad, toxic 'friendships' from high school and start clean.
It's bigger and has greater segregation (admission/faculty/classtimes) so it's easier to duck people. :D

Davetronz
01-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

I've been out of High School for 2 years, and I feel the same way I did last year. I think it's because I took a program that only "really computer orientated individuals" (aka nerds) are in (other than Dave) and I can't exactly make friends with people I can barely relate to. My idea of a fun evening isn't installing Linux onto my computer or playing EQ, and I am not saying that to be funny that is all they do. I get to see my friends during winter break and summer, it's just between then it's pretty lonely.

I do appreciate you sharing your experience, thanks.
Hahahah thanks for the compliment Matt..
Yea I am in Digital right now... We havent started yet..... *gulp*
All the sheets he handed out look easy.

accordgrrl
01-06-2003, 10:23 AM
We had a huge party with tons of people from my high school over break (about 130) and it brought back so many memories. I do miss high school. A lot of my friends went to other schools but not just in different cities, some are in NY, California, Boston, Ohio...it sucks but it makes those times when we do get to see each other all the more special. I've made new friends at college but they're nothing like my high school buds. :thumbsup: to friends. new and old.

Hakkola
01-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ
yeah i always miss high school! just being with your friends everyday, skipping class whenever, and plus high school was so much easier than uni is now! oh yeah also the high school fights and drama...

Man do I ever have some highschool fight stories, lol, more then enough. I kinda miss the people at highschool, but only some of them. I'm only in touch with 1 or 2 people from highschool now, I saw some other ones last night though, it was pretty cool. I really prefer college though. There's maybe a handful of people I miss, actually now that I think about it there's more, I haven't thought about it much since it's been over...

Dirty_SOHC
01-06-2003, 11:35 AM
I'm becoming an old timer, I just miss my college days......

Hipermax_d
01-06-2003, 01:20 PM
cant do much about it
it happens to most people. i kind of felt the same way but then again all my close/good friends from highschool are going the the U with me

Ben
01-06-2003, 01:23 PM
I hated High School, Glad I'm Out!

RickDaTuner
01-06-2003, 01:41 PM
I miss all the Pretty ladies asking me for rides in my Socalled "cute" little car that and seeing the people your closest to every day

bol
01-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Benny
I hated High School, Glad I'm Out!

amen. :confused:

three.eighteen.
01-06-2003, 04:52 PM
i miss the going to high school, grade 12 should have never ended...but i guess that would have been boring

Stratus_Power
01-06-2003, 04:58 PM
did not miss high School at all! life is good now.. screw the past

FiveFreshFish
01-06-2003, 05:39 PM
You'll find ways to keep in contact with those you really care about.

NickGT
01-06-2003, 05:45 PM
I only talk to a couple guys from high school... But i did thoroughly enjoy it. (except the homework and pressure from Bishop Carroll cause its learn at your own pace heh).