PDA

View Full Version : Dodge news from L.A. auto show

5.9 R/T
01-06-2003, 04:04 AM
Woof! What the hell did they do to the durango?

"The Dodge Durango Concept design provides a strong hint of the next generation Durango that will appear in late 2003 as a 2004 model. The Durango Concept is approximately 85-percent of the production level exterior design."

Edit: The Durango was revealed at Detroit, the Magnum in L.A.

5.9 R/T
01-06-2003, 04:06 AM
However this wagon doesn't look half bad, called the magnum SRT - 8. Probably won't see production with the S/C HEMI but if the chrysler crossfire goes over well i wouldn't be surprised to see this on the streets.

"The Dodge Magnum SRT-8 concept vehicle features a supercharged version of the 5.7-liter HEMI, churning out an estimated 430 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque."

*Pics and quotes taken from www.car-truck.com

trendkill
01-06-2003, 04:17 AM
take that hood off the durango and it'll look good. Its funny, me and a friend tonight were talking about when there gonna change the durango... well now i know... i think i'll stick to getting a new RAM 1500 with the HEMI instead though... we'll see.

5.9 R/T
01-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by trendkill
take that hood off the durango and it'll look good. Its funny, me and a friend tonight were talking about when there gonna change the durango... well now i know... i think i'll stick to getting a new RAM 1500 with the HEMI instead though... we'll see.

Apparently those hood scoops are functional, they're feeding air into the 5.7 HEMI which sits under it. Supposed to be throwback to the Mopar muscle days or something. :dunno:

Mikko
01-06-2003, 07:21 AM
Ewwww to them all. Durango seems like they are trying to go retro again. Sigh.

mwmhong
01-06-2003, 07:40 AM
That concept Durango looks toyish to me. :dunno:
2nd gear!!

4wheeldrift
01-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Woof! What the hell did they do to the durango?

"The Dodge Durango Concept design provides a strong hint of the next generation Durango that will appear in late 2003 as a 2004 model. The Durango Concept is approximately 85-percent of the production level exterior design."

Edit: The Durango was revealed at Detroit, the Magnum in L.A. Our trucks already handle like a semi, and have the same mileage, why not make the resemblance complete and make them look like one too? :rolleyes:

Dope Dealer
01-06-2003, 08:52 AM
I like them both....

Durango looks pretty nice, not sure what you guy's are talking about ;)