PDA

View Full Version : How to report someone?

T5_X
01-06-2003, 06:44 AM
I was wondering how to report someone driving dangerously on the highway. A couple weeks ago my sister and I were passing someone on the road from edmonton to calgary and a CR-V weaved in between us and the car we were passing, he must've been doing at least 160 and almost lost control, then kept driving like a jackass. I phoned 411 and asked for the highway patrol number, but I only got an answering machine when I phoned the number.

On a related note, driving from calgary to lethbridge today some stupid ho in a sunfire blew past my gf and I at about 150. About 20 minutes up the road we saw flashing lights and cheered as we saw the same sunfire pulled over by a cop :clap: For once, sweet justice.

R-Audi
01-06-2003, 10:18 AM
I wanted to know the same thing. Some redneck cut me off, so I honked, and then he tailed me, swerved at my car and was half in my lane. I felt like calling the cops, and telling them that I saw a drunk driver. I heard that works, I dunno. Oh, this was from Lethbridge to Calgary too. Complete with the "Calvin peeing on Ford" sticker too.......:thumbsup:

rage2
01-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Reporting them doesn't punish the driver... they punish the registered owner of the vehicle with a fine. Someone reported my wife speeding on the highway in Kenny's car (she was doing 20 over at best hehehe). Kenny got the fine :rofl:.

RSeXy
01-06-2003, 10:36 AM
*note to self: drive Sam's car more often.

haha...just jokes! i'm a careful driver!

T5_X
01-06-2003, 10:42 AM
If you lend a car to someone, you should make it clear that they can't speed in it, and even if you get the ticket, I'm sure you can get the person who was driving it to pay you for the fine. I doubt there's any demerits assigned. And most people on the road are owners of thier cars.

I am mainly wondering if you can phone the highway patrol and tell them to look for a vehicle which has been driving dangerously at the time, it could save someone's life.

B17a
01-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Reporting them doesn't punish the driver... they punish the registered owner of the vehicle with a fine. Someone reported my wife speeding on the highway in Kenny's car (she was doing 20 over at best hehehe). Kenny got the fine :rofl:.

Please tell me he challeneged that ticket!

rage2
01-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
If you lend a car to someone, you should make it clear that they can't speed in it

haha that would not have worked at all!

Kenny : "Here's the keys to my AMG. Don't speed in it!"
rage2 : "OK!"

Yea, like that will happen! :D

Originally posted by B17a
Please tell me he challeneged that ticket!

It was in Edmonton, much cheaper to just pay the fine and support our fine roads and highways! :D