PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes ML Series

infineon
04-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi,

Does anyone here know of the reliability of the Mercedes ML series SUV's. I live in Western Canada and was considering purchasing one, though would like to get some reviews as per reliability and costs.

Let me know

Fluidic
04-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Does Pepsi taste better then Coke?

The new Mercedes ML's should be better quality then the current ML's (98-04) -- however this is a new chassis for Mercedes Benz to work with -- so in the first few years of new production chassis, you'll run into a few "more" problems then lets say... the 2008 model.

Depending on if you purchase new or used, any vehicle will have it's problems. But you already know that. Specify the year you're looking at, and this conversation will continue.

t-im
04-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Relaibility is hit or miss with them. You'll hear lots of horror stories on them, and some good ones.

Like any Mercedes/BMW, little things will break down, and it can get pretty expensive fast if anything goes wrong.

I personally think it's a nice around town truck, that has a nice look to it.

If anything, go 2000+ as it has the updated exteior/interior (over 99's)

The newer the better (ie 2002+ ML350)

ICEBERG
04-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Go with the newer ones. 2002 and up. I have talked to lot of people with ML's and all i heard was problems. Every time i use to take my C-Class in for service there was maybe 6 ML's sitting in the service bay. I wanted to get one also but the sales rep. who use to work at Lone Star told me to wait for the new ones.

The new one i saw at the auto show was really nice. But again first year car's i would stay away from.

Good luck.

Drew
04-13-2005, 08:36 PM
We have a 2001 ML 500and haven't really had too many reliability issues, more so we really don't like it because of the suspension. That thing rocks side to side enough to compromise the benz "smooth" ride. But since you asked if it is reliable, then in my experience yes its reliable, but the driving is less then par.

infineon
04-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the response. What where the major issues when it came to repairs? Was it anything like transmission or just electronics, etc..

Is it better to go for a G series instead of the ML? I am moving to a area where a 4 wheel drive could be usefull.

t-im
04-13-2005, 10:14 PM
GGG WAGON DUDE!

thats like apple and oranges

G wagon is PIMP!

JordanLotoski
04-13-2005, 10:21 PM
i has a 2003 ml...had it about 3 months and flipped it. it was ok. no real major probs in 3 months, but for a mid sized suv sure drank gas like a full size

Drew
04-14-2005, 12:27 AM
If thats your question, then there is no question, we have a G wagon too and that thing is a fucking tank, pardon the language.
Its awesome, it weighs a ton and still has pickup, eats gas of course like any SUV tho. And no problems on the G wagon. I love that thing to death and really want the Ml gone from my experience if that helps you at all.

oh the the repairs were electrical at best, malfunctioning window but i have heard some horror stories on the Ml.

best of luck

/////AMG
04-14-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by t-im
GGG WAGON DUDE!

thats like apple and oranges

G wagon is PIMP!

:werd: Better grab one before the newer re-designed ugly ones come out. :barf: