PDA

View Full Version : Music Question!!

KAVIE
04-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey Guys, one of my business classes we had a project in which we had to create a small business. Ours was a “south of the border (Mexico) Martini Bar”. (Classic stereotypes of the beach, ocean, Cigars, Martinis, just chilling, classy people, good money).

Here is the problem we need to design the music that would be played and I have no idea where to start. I was thinking anything from Black Eye Peas Sexy, James Bond tunes, to the classic Spanish Guitar. So my question for you is what artist or songs specifically can you think of that would be played here?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DannyO
04-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Well when I think of "beach, ocean, Cigars, Martinis, just chilling, classy people, good money" I'd like to hear some chilled House music, and Ibiza type music like Chicane, but mainly house music, I've never been there so dunno what they WOULD play though.

jaysas_63
04-13-2005, 08:13 PM
jazz... aint nothin better than jazz to chill to, with martini and cigar at hand it would be pimp.......

KAVIE
04-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the help so far. How about changing the question... What type of Music (artist, songs?) do you guys listen to when you just chilling?

DowntownCowboy
04-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Well in Mexico (I was there 3wks ago) they mostly play mainstream hiphop, salsa and Spanish influenced R&B/HipHop. Check a song called "Gasolina", they played that EVERYWHERE and its still in my head.

For loungin music I'm so into the sexy house, Ibiza poolside listening type that DannyO mentioned.

Speaking of house, whats a good club for house Fri/Sat night? Night Gallery & Whiskey Sundays is always good, but some ppl work Monday...

AsianCaucasian
04-14-2005, 02:13 PM
How about some old Santana songs?