PDA

View Full Version : How to remove fine scratches?

rinny
04-14-2005, 09:14 AM
I just bought a vehicle and the lady left the few inches of the tip of the block heater cord hanging out, so it has been rubbing on the hood and making a little patch of fine fine scratches.

What kind of products and how do i go about buffing these out? Should i just use a cotton cloth?

While im at it, how about some good wax referrals for the whole body, to get it shiny and even more able to see myself in it...We do have one of those Canadian Tire electric waxers too...

AllGoNoShow
04-17-2005, 02:10 PM
If its scraches down to the metal, touch up paint or repaint the area, if its just like white scratches where clear coat has been marked up then you can soetimes use rubbing compound and that will work, but if you plan on doing your whole car, take it to a shop that specializes in it, for a bit more then the materials will cost you, you will get a professional job done that will be much better then your first time.

hockeybronx
04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
I find when I do a quality wash, and then wax/buff/polish of my car almost all of the fine scratches disappear. After a month or so when the wax get's worn away they reappear again.

For waxes I've used Turtle Wax Color Cure (black) in the past, but this year I'm going to use the 3 step Mothers system probably twice, and ordinary Mothers Carnauba wax the rest of the time.

Ben
04-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Go to a detailer and have the car clay barred, wet sanded and power polished.

I'm doing this very soon and am looking forward to it.

brandon
04-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Ben

:werd: best route to go.

Aleks
04-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Any particular detailer that you can recommend?

hockeybronx
04-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Any particular detailer that you can recommend?

I've heard good things about The Shine Factory, Mr. Detail in Shawnee is also good.

EnRich
04-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Plantium Protection near Douglas Square, best work in the city