PDA

View Full Version : Farting in the gym

Tyler883
04-14-2005, 02:53 PM
You guys ever go to the gym and get a bad case of gas while exercising?

Whats the etiquette on this?

Should I leak it out slowly while walking from one machine to the other?

or should I just squeeze it all out in one spot, and make a stink zone that others will find?

I once had bad gas on an eliptical while a woman was using the machine next to me. I felt sorry for her, and I was a bit embarrassed but hey! I pay a membership too, and really needed to get in a workout.

ecstasy_civic
04-14-2005, 02:59 PM
lol who cares, let it go where youve gotta lol

Imagination
04-14-2005, 03:00 PM
cup it in your hands and release it in a less populated area of the gym

Carfanman
04-14-2005, 03:03 PM
I dont expect one could cup it in ones hand very well.

Plus it would look wierd to suddenly hold your hands up to your ass.

civicrider
04-14-2005, 03:05 PM
^
bring a plastic conatiner and make sure you get a good seal and let er rip, put on a lid and save it for later

Imagination
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
pretend you're doing sit ups and when you come up ... CUP!

BumpinTalon
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
^
bring a plastic conatiner and make sure you get a good seal and let er rip, put on a lid and save it for later

this is a bad idea... if its got good hang time, it'll just intensify and when you finally release it, it will peel paint off the walls and make your eyes water.

QuasarCav
04-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Fuck it, I say let her rip when you need to. Might not be proper etiquette but how many other people at the gym practive that anyway.

Just dont gamble and lose, nobody likes stains on the equipment.

civicrider
04-14-2005, 03:09 PM
gotta have quick hands and close it quick, onthings better then fart in a can:thumbsup:

B17a
04-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Find the smelliest sweatiest mofo in the gym and sneak up next to them and let it out (silently preferably), everyone will assume its him.

skandalz
04-14-2005, 03:24 PM
to quote my dad,"giv'er".

Def_3
04-14-2005, 03:28 PM
:clap: man this just cracked me up at the office!!! :thumbsup:

oddjob
04-14-2005, 03:49 PM
In a gym its different, you have to run to the restroom.

Fart + Sweat won't smell like a perfume.

BokCh0y
04-14-2005, 04:19 PM
just let it leak out slowly then walk away letting your body spread and carry the odor.

civicrider
04-14-2005, 04:24 PM
^
haha its called crop dusting when you fart then walk around:thumbsup:

sputnik
04-14-2005, 04:34 PM
my gym has some big floor fans... i just walk past them an crop dust... the fans help quickly dissipate the smell so that im not walking around with a "fart tail".

dinglenuts
04-14-2005, 05:53 PM
go to nearest bench with a comfortable headrest, position yourself on the head rest and blow your "o". If you have to, rub on it a little, do so,but not flamboyantly or that will send the wrong message. Preferably on a bench all the super built, competitive losers use.

Tyler883
04-14-2005, 06:31 PM
I once let one go at the smith machine while noone was around....

anyway, theres 2 machines and some guys came up to them...

At about the same time., they looked at each other with a not so friendly look.

By then, I was at the dumbell rack just about splitting myself in laughter.

Tyler883
04-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
my gym has some big floor fans... i just walk past them an crop dust... the fans help quickly dissipate the smell so that im not walking around with a "fart tail".

You have to be careful, some of those fart tails are a bit "gummy", and you spend the rest of the workout pulling your pants out of your crack.

Wildcat
04-14-2005, 09:45 PM
lol, ahaha crop dusting..... guilty! :rofl:

ecstasy_civic
04-14-2005, 10:27 PM
OMG!!!

was at the gym today after reading this
my buddy let one rip BADLY on the eliptical's, LOL

and this older lady came over beside me, on the otherside of him
looked at me and got off in disgust:rofl:

I had to stop cause I was laughing so hard.

after that, he QUICKLY got off the machine and hit the can lol

I had to stop and go shower my workout was done LOL

Kamen
04-14-2005, 10:31 PM
:rofl: :rofl: This thread is hilarious ahahahaha

hockeybronx
04-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883
You guys ever go to the gym and get a bad case of gas while exercising?

Whats the etiquette on this?

Should I leak it out slowly while walking from one machine to the other?

or should I just squeeze it all out in one spot, and make a stink zone that others will find?

I once had bad gas on an eliptical while a woman was using the machine next to me. I felt sorry for her, and I was a bit embarrassed but hey! I pay a membership too, and really needed to get in a workout.

One of the main reasons I have to work out at home!:D

codo
04-15-2005, 06:06 PM
i want leahs opinion on this and her opinion must read "chix and gas dont mix":rolleyes:

Ben
04-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Everyone learn from the master here, as this is definatly the most effective means, unless you have a serious case of swass and swalls, and end up making it extremely loud/conspicuous....then you're gonna be cropdusting like a true crop dusting plane, engine sputter and everything.

pughster
04-16-2005, 03:16 PM
I find sometimes when I'm on the leg press and just giv'n er the odd one will fire out. The problem is sometimes if you have headphones on you trully can't estimate the magnitude of it's force making it hard to guess the range others could hear. I usually give a quick glance to see if anyone is looking my way, sometimes you just know everyone heard and have to try and not bust out laughing. How about the city bus situation? It's the best when it's crammed because it's impossible to know who did it when you let a silent friend go.

Toma
04-16-2005, 06:17 PM
I hate men. If I was a woman, I would definately be gay.

I hate their big, hairy sweaty presence. I hate the pervs. I hate the smelly guys. If you fart near me, I'll punch you in the ear.

If you are a farter, and they stink, you are eating wrong, or something is wrong with you. So stay home.

ecstasy_civic
04-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Toma
I hate men. If I was a woman, I would definately be gay.

I hate their big, hairy sweaty presence. I hate the pervs. I hate the smelly guys. If you fart near me, I'll punch you in the ear.

If you are a farter, and they stink, you are eating wrong, or something is wrong with you. So stay home.

or maybe you just have to shit? lol

Carfanman
04-16-2005, 09:14 PM
I hate when Im at my karate class and I have gas. Its so embarrasing to have to stop mid kick or mid pushup and squeez my cheeks together. There was this one time at the end of class we were doing some sort of meditational relaxation exersize, and its very quiet, and one of the guys farts, everyone was quiet, not wanting to say anything, and then the sensei goes "bless you" and everyone burst out laughing, including the farter. It was a great moment.

ecstasy_civic
04-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Man, just it let it go lol
its not gonna REALLY hurt anyone lol
and chances are, you probably wont see these people again.

I say you gotta do what you gotta do.:whocares:

FiveFreshFish
04-16-2005, 09:54 PM
IMO, the gym is like any other public place, and whatever etiquette will also apply.

Civ2NR
04-18-2005, 10:11 AM
I find squats the worse for farting! You're at the bottom of a deep heavy squat and just as you begin your burst up you let one RIP. There is no masking it and in that position the pressure could pretty well blow a hole in your shorts :D I know guys that have actually shit themselves on heavy squats haha.

Wildcat
04-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Leah here....

Apparently my opinion has been asked for so here it is! I personally have never had gas in the gym nor have had a problem with it. Body odour is a different story though... now THAT is disgusting... but if you must pass gas... I agree that you should try to follow proper etiquette as any other public place.

GT2NV
04-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Just dont gamble and lose, nobody likes stains on the equipment. hahahahahahahaha ahhh man thats gross