PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Stealth TT....any interest?

CLiVE
01-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Hey, some things have come up here. So I'm thinking about selling my car. Just seeing if there is any interest out there.

It is a 1991 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo with about 89,000 miles on it. Great shape, new clutch, transfer case, flywheel. and the following mods.....

I may also be interested in just selling off the mods...

18"Konig Tantrums,
Falken 245/40ZR18, K&N FIPK,
Turbo XS Type H34 BOV Open Loop w/RFL spring,
HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer,
Blitz DSBC @ 15psi,
HKS Boost Gauge.
Interior Trim Kit,
Custom Plug Cover,
NGK plugs,
Hose Kit, Silver/Black fade tint,
Pioneer Premier MP3 Player,
2 12" MTX Subs,
Snake Eyes,
1994 3000GT SL Spoiler,
Fidanza Flywheel,
Exedy Clutch,
DN Performance Y Pipe,
Polished Valve Cover,
Ceramic coated plenum

....and a lot more....

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/beyond-100602/images/100-0097_IMG.jpg

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/beyond-100602/images/101-0191_IMG.jpg

This sucks...it hurts me so much to post this message...:banghead:

T5_X
01-06-2003, 04:59 PM
If you bring it back to stock or near stock it should be close to my price range

CLiVE
01-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
If you bring it back to stock or near stock it should be close to my price range

and your price range would be?

DSM Power
01-06-2003, 05:13 PM
WTF !?!?!! :( :( :dunno:

T5_X
01-06-2003, 06:58 PM
aboot 12-13 grand

davidI
01-06-2003, 08:31 PM
I like your car man...I had a chance to see it up close and personal at an AlbertaCars bbq, very nice.

Too bad to hear you're looking at selling...what are you interested in getting instead?

CLiVE
01-06-2003, 09:11 PM
aboot 12-13 grand

You will not find a stealth twin turbo in that price range. N/A stealths sell for about that.

1st gen twin turbo stealths are selling for about 17 - 20 grand. Stock...I realize my mods are basically worthless when reselling. I would most likely return it to stock.
Go check canadatrader.com if you don't believe me.

I've received a TON of pm's asking why I'm thinking of selling. I really didn't want to mention it on here, but I lost my job today. My entire division at work was "restructured"....

Not a good time to be in the energy industry...IMO. Sucks...but what can you do.

Anyone need an Economist....????

CLiVE
01-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by davidI
I like your car man...I had a chance to see it up close and personal at an AlbertaCars bbq, very nice.

Too bad to hear you're looking at selling...what are you interested in getting instead?

Thanks, which car was yours at the BBQ?

I would probably stick with my other car...a 1988 Celica GT, until I'm a high roller once again....:bigpimp: I might not have to sell, if I find something ASAP.

davidI
01-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi

Thanks, which car was yours at the BBQ?

I would probably stick with my other car...a 1988 Celica GT, until I'm a high roller once again....:bigpimp: I might not have to sell, if I find something ASAP.

I've got a 95' Neon, definately not anything special. Waiting till I'm done school and have some more cash to buy a real ride.

cocoabrova
01-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Sorry to hear that dewd.... But yeah, I've never seen ANY Stealth R/T TT go for under $15K. Even the normal Stealth's keep their value

CLiVE
01-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by davidI

I've got a 95' Neon, definately not anything special. Waiting till I'm done school and have some more cash to buy a real ride.

Oh, ok. I remember talking to you at the BBQ. How's it going?

Sorry to hear that dewd.... But yeah, I've never seen ANY Stealth R/T TT go for under $15K. Even the normal Stealth's keep their value

True, they do hold there value. You will not find a stealth TT for under 15k.

T5_X
01-06-2003, 11:54 PM
there are 2 TTs in the vancouver bargain finder right now, a 91 for 11,900 and a 92 for 10 grand. I have followed stealths closely over the past few years, first gen TTs routinely sell for under 15 grand.

I couldn't get a black book value for a 91, but a 93 stealth RT TT with the mileage you indicated comes up as a low of 9,303 and high of 10,800

CLiVE
01-07-2003, 12:01 AM
there are 2 TTs in the vancouver bargain finder right now, a 91 for 11,900 and a 92 for 10 grand. I have followed stealths closely over the past few years, first gen TTs routinely sell for under 15 grand.

I couldn't get a black book value for a 91, but a 93 stealth RT TT with the mileage you indicated comes up as a low of 9,303 and high of 10,800

First gen TT's do not routinely sell in Alberta for under 15 grand. I was looking for mine for quite a while, and still search the bargain finder/trader for the hell of it...

Vancouver is a different story, a different market. You can buy them fairly inexpensive in the U.S. also.

If you can find one for 10 grand then go for it. Don't waste my time or try to ruin my chances of selling.

True, the book value always lower than the asking price in the case of the stealth. I was offered 13 grand trade in at a dealership...which are always on the low end..

Try finding one in good shape that has not been raced, and still has a prefect tranny and transfer case....lol. Good luck.

davidI
01-07-2003, 12:39 AM
word with what he said...I've never seen a TT stealth in Calgary for under 15 grand unless it was in shitty ass condition.

ecstasy_civic
01-07-2003, 01:19 AM
sorry to hear rob, hope everything is on the up and up:thumbsup:
like he said this car is in amazing shape i think its the nicest stealth ive ever seen. mint in and out:drool:
dont low ball man, look for something in your price range cause i dont think this one will be.

CLiVE
01-07-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
sorry to hear rob, hope everything is on the up and up:thumbsup:
like he said this car is in amazing shape i think its the nicest stealth ive ever seen. mint in and out:drool:
dont low ball man, look for something in your price range cause i dont think this one will be.

:werd: Thanks for the support guys :thumbsup: Hopefully I won't be forced to sell it. I can live comfortably on unemployment for now.....:rofl: quite comfortably...

I guess we'll see, but hopefully things are looking up....

If I do have to sell it, you can bet my next car will be twice as nice........

:D

syeve
01-07-2003, 01:39 AM
hey! Im an economist...you should get into stock speculation...there will always be people with money and no idea what to do with it.

T5_X
01-07-2003, 09:54 AM
WTF, you asked me what my price range was and I told you, you didn't put a price up first so its hardly low balling. and I go by cheapest prices in western canada cause I'll drive anywhere in it to get the vehicle I want.

If you stealth is in truly near mint shape then it should be closer to 15, but you could probably get more in calgary so power to you! Nice car btw, I hope I get a chance to see it before you sell it.

max_boost
01-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Never go by the book value.....it is all supply/demand, you guys should know that......if it was book value.....old late 80's Hondas be selling for $500 instead of the $3-4k they are fetching on the market. And cars are much cheaper in BC/Ont/Que.....

kaput
01-07-2003, 11:24 AM
I think book value is just the dealerships excuse for low balling everyone on trade ins so they can make money. It's a conspiracy I tell ya. I remember when I was looking at cars, the book value at the dealerships was only 25% what they were selling for privately (and the dealerships were trying to sell them for more then private sales! That's like 400% markup!)

CLiVE
01-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by kaput
I think book value is just the dealerships excuse for low balling everyone on trade ins so they can make money. It's a conspiracy I tell ya. I remember when I was looking at cars, the book value at the dealerships was only 25% what they were selling for privately (and the dealerships were trying to sell them for more then private sales! That's like 400% markup!)

A dealer would give me 13 grand at most, and turn around and sell it for 20.

DSM Power
01-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Exactly, dealer prices are B.S. :guns:

I have seen and ridden in this car and it is in very good condition - with or without the mods it is worthy. :werd:

CLiVE
01-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Exactly, dealer prices are B.S. :guns:

I have seen and ridden in this car and it is in very good condition - with or without the mods it is worthy. :werd:

Not to mention he's helped me work on the car...good times :thumbsup:

We also both swore at the car a few times....not an easy car to work on...

boi-alien
01-07-2003, 12:31 PM
hey dude,
sorry to hear about your situation...

was wondering how much you want for that deck?

JJLuke
01-07-2003, 02:07 PM
why dont you post an ad on www.megawheels.com? you'll definately stimulate interest there, and you get retail market value for your car.

-J

w3apon
01-07-2003, 02:16 PM
You piece of crap Rob !!!
OK, ok If your gonna sell then you HAVE TO SELL ME YOUR RIMS...and maybe ur BOV, timer and some other stuff...
Gimme a shout later this week or drop me an email [email protected]

CLiVE
01-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by w3apon
You piece of crap Rob !!!
OK, ok If your gonna sell then you HAVE TO SELL ME YOUR RIMS...and maybe ur BOV, timer and some other stuff...
Gimme a shout later this week or drop me an email [email protected]

LOL....I was going to email you first...don't worry. Like I said before, if I sell you have first dibs at the parts...

Oh, and thanks for that "piece of crap" comment. That makes me feel a hell of a lot better when I'm already feeling down. :D

w3apon
01-07-2003, 03:13 PM
hehe sorry bout the "piece of crap" statement, I'll give you an honorary spot on the Alberta 3Si board ;)

HillBilly
01-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Sorry to hear about the situation man. If you decide to part it out, I would be interested in the y-pipe and the BOV.

CLiVE
01-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by w3apon
hehe sorry bout the "piece of crap" statement, I'll give you an honorary spot on the Alberta 3Si board ;)

No worries. It's all good...:D

You will have first dibs if I part out....since we go way back..:D

Just starting the job application process all over again...this sucks.

VWhooligan
01-07-2003, 08:06 PM
sorry to hear about it rob, but if you decide to part out, i'm in the market for a turbotimer.

B18C
01-07-2003, 11:02 PM
You cannot sell man!

I love your car. Definitely the cleanest stealth I've seen.

Davetronz
01-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Sorry to hear about the job and everything Rob :(
I am also really sorry to hear about the stealth, I love that car :(

If you need anything let your fellow DSM'ers know and we will help out any way we can...

PS, put me down on the list for parts if there is anything I can use... I know blake will kill me, but I have my eyes on that BOV spring :D

James
01-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Too bad you gotta sell, such a sweet Car! almost as nice as the Car next to yours in that Pic :D :rolleyes:....i remember Driving behind you on 16th on the way to Sait on that Cruise a couple months ago, and all i could Hear was your loud ass BOV! :bigpimp:

Gonein60...ft.
01-08-2003, 11:09 PM
here ya go Ranger

http://www.globemegawheels.com/Branding/vehiclesearch_results.aspx

.....a Stealth thats maybe more your "style"...hey its even in BC where ALLLLL the good deals are. Good luck finding a TT for your "price range" that hasn t been raped and abused, in a few accidents, covered with bird crap, rolled down a hill, keyed, fuel tank sugared, and just plain pissed in. Am i flamin ya?? hell yes. Offering a guy who just lost his job 12-13 grr. for a car like that is about as low as a guy can sink. Nice sedan in your sig ...stick to the safest cars in the world and stop insulting those with nice rides.

davidI
01-09-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Gonein60...ft.
here ya go Ranger

.....a Stealth thats maybe more your "style"...hey its even in BC where ALLLLL the good deals are. Good luck finding a TT for your "price range" that hasn t been raped and abused, in a few accidents, covered with bird crap, rolled down a hill, keyed, fuel tank sugared, and just plain pissed in. Am i flamin ya?? hell yes. Offering a guy who just lost his job 12-13 grr. for a car like that is about as low as a guy can sink. Nice sedan in your sig ...stick to the safest cars in the world and stop insulting those with nice rides.

woah, can't we all just get along? :rofl:

CLiVE
01-09-2003, 10:26 AM
LMAO, Gonein60...ft. you rock man.... :thumbsup:

$14,900 for an 91 NA stealth...damn. "NA is gay"......but ES, is best...lol.

Must be a good deal because it is in BC. And a word of advice to anyone who buys a Stealth TT, most of them have been abused, so if you see a "good" deal on one beware. I talked to a guy about one for sale in Calgary, who was positive it was RWD.... :dunno:

Either way, I don't think Ranger meant it in a bad way. It's all good. Basically he was just naming his price range....or at least I think that's the way it was meant.

T5_X
01-09-2003, 11:26 AM
here ya go Ranger

You're a fucking fag, why don't you re-read the entire thread. BTW, great link that doesn't even work

CLiVE
01-09-2003, 11:44 AM

You're a fucking fag, why don't you re-read the entire thread. BTW, great link that doesn't even work

Come on man....that's not called for.

The link does work if you log into the site first.

Peace....:D

T5_X
01-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi

Come on man....that's not called for.

The link does work if you log into the site first.

Peace....:D

What's not called for? Standing up for myself to someone who seems to have registered at this site soley for the purpose of flaming me? I don't see how my posts could have been "insulting" in any way to anyone, but if they were I apologize. Yes 12-13 grand is too low for your car, I didn't know the condition it's in, but it wasn't even an offer! I was just stating my price range. I've seen plenty of TTs in near fair shape that have gone for well under 15 grand in vancouver.

CLiVE
01-09-2003, 02:49 PM
I meant the name calling in general was not called for. There are plenty of other ways to stand up for yourself....with class.

I wasn't insulted, no hard feelings, nothing. I'm actually not down at all, I see it as an opportunity....:D now that's it has sunk in.

I can also accept the fact that that it wasn't an offer, and TT's in "fair" condition have sold for under 15 grand.......

Gonein60...ft.
01-09-2003, 07:31 PM
hahaha how did i know that was coming from Ranger...Mr. 2.67 posts a day, what your mom doesn t let you out of the basement to get out and see the world outside a computer monitor?? And your right i DID only login to flame you cause it looked like you were being an ass. Oh ya, and you "didn t know the condition of the car?? haha you re right, it would have been nice if he would have posted 2 high rez close up pics, you know like maybe one of the exterior and say maybe one of the engine bay?? THEN you would have known what kind of shape it was in ya? Tell you what, why don t you hop in your shelby and go race a K-car. I d hate to think of a guy like you owning a Stealth anyway.

T5_X
01-09-2003, 08:23 PM
hahaha how did i know that was coming from Ranger...Mr. 2.67 posts a day, what your mom doesn t let you out of the basement to get out and see the world outside a computer monitor?? And your right i DID only login to flame you cause it looked like you were being an ass.

Yes, I am certainly much more likely to be this kind of person then you... Mr. log onto forums just to troll.

Oh ya, and you "didn t know the condition of the car?? haha you re right, it would have been nice if he would have posted 2 high rez close up pics, you know like maybe one of the exterior and say maybe one of the engine bay?? THEN you would have known what kind of shape it was in ya?

LOL, because you can tell soooooo much about the mechanical condition of a car through 2 pictures.

Shit, I don't even know why I'm lowering myself to the level of arguing with someone like you!
And go ahead and insult my car, I make sacrifices with money because I'm getting an education, something you probably don't have.

sorry to memystealthandi for bastardizing your thread. If this guy wants to insult me more, he can send all the hateful pm's to me that he wants to, I won't respond anymore in this thread.

Gonein60...ft.
01-10-2003, 06:37 PM
Ranger...

"Mr. log onto forums just to troll"

now c'mon man, that s REALLY hitting low.....do you think i wrote to you JUST to say you were being a prick?? No, i was very valid in my comments.....deeeep down, i know you agree. Basically i think i was helping you to be a better person by helping you realize the error of your ways. No thanks is required.

"LOL, because you can tell soooooo much about the mechanical condition of a car through 2 pictures."

You can t tell that a car in THAT good of shape with those high rez pics that that car hasn t been babied?? How stupid are you man? You think a car like that gets shit on?:rolleyes:

"And go ahead and insult my car, I make sacrifices with money because I'm getting an education, something you probably don't have."

ya looks like you make HUGE sacrifices...you have 3 vehicles???

I m glad you said you won t reply on this thread Ranger.....I think i m deserving of the last word anyway:)
:angel:

davidI
01-11-2003, 09:33 PM
well....this thread went to hell :D

___2PaC___
01-12-2003, 04:00 PM
:thumbsup:
:drool::drool:nice stealth man

CLiVE
01-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___
:thumbsup:
:drool::drool:nice stealth man

Thanks!!:thumbsup:

rage2
01-13-2003, 08:51 PM
Wow, out of town for a few days, miss so much :D.