PDA

View Full Version : Exotic repair shop?

gorillam
04-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Are there any exotic repair shops around that anyone knows is qualified to fix expesive cars. That also wont rip you off.

One of the viper's rear axle's snapped and the car was involved in a large curb accident. There's body damage on the front, and some frame bending.

If there are any qualified and trusted shops here or vancouver / surrounding area that would be excellent.

knees scrapin'
04-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Maranello's auto refinishing. Definetly the best of the best in town.

They have done countless exotics, ZR'sF40, diablo's, NSX's ect...
Crazy high quality but also a expesive. But would you trust a corner mechanic with an F40? Didn't think so.

daryll8361
04-16-2005, 01:09 PM
zahir at zr auto opened a repair shop.

RickDaTuner
04-16-2005, 01:31 PM
well my favoritw place Exotic cars in Sunridge

red99600
04-16-2005, 01:33 PM
i only goto maranello's

statick
04-16-2005, 02:40 PM
my experience with maranello auto refinishing was quite unsatisfactory. they'd always tell me my car would be ready next week, and then say that the week after, and keep on doing it. they also did not do all the work that was suposed to be done.

BlueGoblin
04-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Just a thought here - as exotics go, a Viper isn't exactly, well, exotic in its construction - using Dakota A-arms, etc. You may simply be better off going to somebody who knows Chryslers really well than somebody who does, say, Ferraris.

kaput
04-16-2005, 03:04 PM

gorillam
04-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin
Just a thought here - as exotics go, a Viper isn't exactly, well, exotic in its construction - using Dakota A-arms, etc. You may simply be better off going to somebody who knows Chryslers really well than somebody who does, say, Ferraris.

Yes I understand that, but if you take a look at the supension design/construction of the car you wouldnt want to take it to anything but an exotics shop... As for the dakota A-arm, sorry no.

gorillam
04-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Why not go to a dodge dealer? Only a few dealerships are qualified to service vipers, no way in hell we are going to trust a standard dealership to fix the car. Needs to be a dealership that is used to fixing these things.

Weapon_R
04-16-2005, 07:45 PM
ZR auto has a repair bay in there and i'm sure they could help you out.

gorillam
04-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
ZR auto has a repair bay in there and i'm sure they could help you out.

Thanks, ill check them out this week.

Also I dont see why so many of you underappreciate vipers, they arent cheap, 120K + tax...

BlueGoblin
04-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

Yes I understand that, but if you take a look at the supension design/construction of the car you wouldnt want to take it to anything but an exotics shop... As for the dakota A-arm, sorry no.

Sorry - wasn't trying to insult the Viper at all - a friend of mine used to be a mechanic at a Viper-qualified dealer in calgary and he felt some of the mechanicals -specifically he mentioned the a-arms- looked almost swap-across from other Dodge products...

gorillam
04-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Ahh, yeah the actual a arm, sordof represents something "close" to the other products yes, but there's a limit on how many ways you can design something simple, it does reseble all A-Arms from every maufacture, but they were built for the car.

No prob.

ecstasy_civic
04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

Thanks, ill check them out this week.

Also I dont see why so many of you underappreciate vipers, they arent cheap, 120K + tax...

Does making them expensive make them special??

and BTW: You can get an 05' SRT10 for $101,000:tongue:
My parents drove one the other day:burnout:

M_Power
04-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

Does making them expensive make them special?
yes... :D
I would rank the viper as entry level supercar, not as sophisticated as some, but its not always a bad thing.

ecstasy_civic
04-17-2005, 06:30 PM
lol

its an amazing piece of machinery, but for the money, it doesnt do it for me.

Id prefer a new Z06 or even a M3

I didnt like the driving position or how large the car was, doesnt take away from the fact that its 500hp 500tq though.

I just think of it as an overpriced sports car.

BumpinTalon
04-17-2005, 06:40 PM
because overpriced sports cars pull 1.06g around the skidpad (highest g-force done so far in a production car no less... and its a convertible).... do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, and 0-100 in less then 15. wow. let's find the next quickest car... the old Z06? not cheap. go for $70k-ish used, and its slower, and not as grippy in the corners, and not as rare. next quickest car, we'll say the Lamborghini Murcielago, costs $375,000cdn.

ecstasy_civic
04-17-2005, 06:45 PM
woah lol

Just like a woman on the attack, I just said for the money, it doesnt do it for me.

And who said comparing used cars??

I never dissed the cars performance capabilities, just that I think its overpriced and theres other cars I would chose before that.

ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!