PDA

View Full Version : Remake of Amityville Horror

three33
04-15-2005, 11:49 PM
This movie was phenomenal compared to the original. So much more scary and leaves you with a creepy feeling when its over. Definatley a must see for any horror movie lover.Anyone else see it tonight?

403Gemini
04-16-2005, 12:22 AM
i love how its "based on real events"

"real" as in being one of the biggest hoax's evar lol

2002civic
04-16-2005, 12:25 AM
it was alright now that i think about it, wasnt that scary tho and kinda expected

RiCE-DaDDy
04-16-2005, 04:23 AM
what are these "real" events?

2002civic
04-16-2005, 12:10 PM
spoiler alert................................. .......................................................................................... .................................... ............................................................................... .................................................................................... ............................................... . ...................................................................................... ............................ ........................................................... ................................ ............................................................................................................ ....................................................... .......................................................... ................................................... ....................................... . .............................................................. ............................................................. ................................................................ ............................ ........................................................... .................... .................................................................................................................. ................................................................................................. .......................................................................... ................................................ .................................................... ........................................... ......................................................................................... ................................ ............................................................................... ........................................................................................................... .......................................................................................... ......................................................................................
I guess the guy did murder his family and say he heard voices telling him to do it(1st guy) and the lutz family moved in knowing it happened, then they experienced weird things(doors slamming, footprints, black toilets, eyes watching through keyholes,large clusters of flies in one room, george would wake up at 3:15 every morning and have an urge to go to the boathouse, their daughter talked about "jodie" and george would be sick and feel cold, he didnt try to kill his family but they did leave after 28 days and left all their stuff

paramedic
04-16-2005, 01:00 PM
That movie wasn't great. I watched it yesterday as well at Chinook. We WERE gonna watch Sin City but the ppl we were with watched it already. But yah I could've swore that when that little boy said, "If mom knows I let you out of my sight, she's going to kill me." that was going to be some foreshadow and the boy was gonna get killed by his momma but didn't! And I didn't look at the credits at the end, so does anyone know if that little girl at the end with the bullet wound to the head was Dakota Fanning?

koopkoop2
04-16-2005, 10:05 PM
If you go to the Vestigia Yahoo Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Vestigia , you have to join the group to get access to the files - don't worry it's free and takes two seconds if you already have a Yahoo profile) and look in the files section, you can download "The Demons of Amityville" casefile by professional paranormal investigator Peter Jordan, who actually visited the house at 112 Ocean Ave back in 1979. It's a must-read for anyone interested in psychic phenomena in general and the Amityville case in particular.

I think it's definately a hoax.

finboy
04-18-2005, 12:06 AM
i went in with no expectations, and i thought it was a damn good movie compared to any other "horror" movies i've seen lately.

i'll probably grab it on DVD when it comes out

Talies R
04-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Definately a creepy movie, worth watching :thumbsup:

B17a
04-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Wow, pretty good reviews. I read in a couple papers on Friday about it and it literally averaged 1 star out of 5. One paper even gave it zero, never seen that before!

brandon
04-18-2005, 08:52 AM
I thought it was scary as hell!!

kragnorok
04-18-2005, 08:58 AM
I really liked it, and one thing is for suer, I never believe movie reviews after Bad Boys 2 got really bad reviews, and i thought that was an amazing movie. Also, this one really proves Ryan Reynolds can do stuff other than comedy, he played a freakin scary bastard in this.

awd
04-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Took the gf to see it this weekend -- we enjoyed it.

SoSlowDx
04-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by brandon
I thought it was scary as hell!!

:werd: :cry:

limecorrado
04-18-2005, 12:08 PM
One of the Better horror movies i've seen, Way better then "The Grudge", "The ring 2" and "The Forgoten" which were the last couple i saw.

heavyD
04-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by kragnorok
I really liked it, and one thing is for suer, I never believe movie reviews after Bad Boys 2 got really bad reviews

Bad Boys 2 deserved every poor review it got. It was easily one of the worst movies ever. Over 2 hours of Will Smith's tough guy act and Martin Lawerence's whiney character act made me want to shut it off well before the predictable ending.

403Gemini
04-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
what are these "real" events?

what REALLY happened (or so ive researched and read)

is that yea the original son in the house murdered his entire family in middle of the night, then pleaded insanity saying he heard voices. he didnt get off on insanity, so the new family moved in. the new family left quickly after 28 days saying they heard voices, doors slamming, walls bleeding, etc.

however on the 29th day the father comes back (after apparently being "Scared outta the house!!!") and had a yard sale... seriously if my house was swaering at me, bleeding, and telling me to kill my family, why would i go back for a yard sale?

later upon investigation, the lawyer for the original son knew mr lutz and made a deal with him to move into the house and start making these accusations of voices and what not, to try and enforce the story of the son who "heard voices" telling him to kill his family.

Thats the "true" story of the books and websites ive read.