PDA

View Full Version : Killer calf workout....

Toma
04-16-2005, 06:14 PM
So, I had to share this lol.....

I have strong calves, but IMO they have always looked small for my size, and my thighs. I work them several times a week with heavy weight, but nothin'....

So a few nights ago I download this ebook that says "training tough gaining calves".

LOL. Should have had a big "WARNING YOU MAY NEVER WALK AGAIN" on the front page.

Anyway, what you do is take the weight you normally do 12-15 reps with, and pump it out 75 times with as little rest as possible. So you do 15, rest 5 seconds, do 12, rest 10 second do 10 etc... whatever, as long as the rest is never more then 10 seconds.... you keep going till you hit 75. That's it... one set. Takes less then 3 minutes. He claims just once a week is enough.

I did this on the seated machine on Friday 4:30 am. Felt GREAT! Then I went to bed Friday at about midnight, and woke up at 1:00 am, 2:30 am, 3:00 am, 4:30 am, 5:30 am.... every time I moved, my calves seared in pain. I had a hard timie walking in the morning, and all day today. I have never in memory experienced pain like this. DEFINATELY tore some shit up! Now its gonna grow.

I am about to go get some aspirin.... it is bloody insane how bad they hurt.

I LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

He says to do 100 reps on the next workout, and then move the weight up, and drop back down to 75 reps...

EnRich
04-16-2005, 06:29 PM
nice i'll try that weds

Kirbs17
04-16-2005, 06:31 PM
thats awesome! im in need to tone my calfs, they've always been very muscular, but the tones never been there. sounds like a good work out

hockeybronx
04-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah I have a similar technique with incorporating the same idea but with push-ups, crunches, squats, and calf raises:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76698&highlight=100+workout

Marsh
04-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I think I've heard of a similar training method for calves...some guy claimes he gained two inches on his calves in one month with this shit

Toma
04-17-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Marsh
I think I've heard of a similar training method for calves...some guy claimes he gained two inches on his calves in one month with this shit
LOL.... yeah, probably from the swelling. Mine are still swolen 1" over their normal size, and its been almost 48 hours!

My blood pressure is way up, and my heart rate is still above normal....

hockeybronx
04-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Toma

LOL.... yeah, probably from the swelling. Mine are still swolen 1" over their normal size, and its been almost 48 hours!

My blood pressure is way up, and my heart rate is still above normal....

Dude if your body reacted in such a drastic way to such a small muscle group such as your calves, if I were you I would really focus on your pre and post workout.

Take the time to do a good 10-15 minute warmup to get your muscles warm with oxygen rich blood, then give er' on your workout, and remember to stretch and cool down after your workout.

An inch of swelling:confused:

Toma
04-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Dude if your body reacted in such a drastic way to such a small muscle group such as your calves, if I were you I would really focus on your pre and post workout.

Take the time to do a good 10-15 minute warmup to get your muscles warm with oxygen rich blood, then give er' on your workout, and remember to stretch and cool down after your workout.

An inch of swelling:confused:
I did that. Did a good warm up, stretching, and then 15 minutes eliptical. Then that evening, I worked out again (did bi's, abs, and 20 minutes elliptical).

Last night I woke up with sweating... almost like mild fever like.

This evening I am feeling fine, still a little sorenes, but MUCH better.

As for swelling... well, I guess maybe its not fair to say they were swolen. I measure them cold and relaxed, and yesterday they were hard as rock when "relaxed" so maybe that explains the inch.... but they have NEVER been that big even "flexed". They are down by half an inch tonight ... not as hard.

I am guessing I did some major muscle tearing, and my body reacted with an inflammatory response. I took massive fat and protein over the last 2 days, along with the GH boosters to aid in rebuilding.

The only question now is..... do I try this again and go for the 100 reps in a few days??

JAYMEZ
04-18-2005, 01:03 AM
I used to do this quite alot for kick boxing , I really need to get my calfs back into shape .. Ill try them tommorow!

^^ And if you think you are up to it , go for the 100 , other wise do the 75 again until it feels "normal" lol ,

but if you are going to do 75 , increase the weight.

Toma
04-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Today, they are great....just mildly sore like a good "normal" workout...

Damn, I miss the 18.25" measurement though lol