PDA

View Full Version : i hate the Repo man

WrxRally89
01-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Ok, over the summer my bro bought me a 1982 Ford Bronco. It was a peice and a half. Well my brother said its a project car for you. I said thanks and started to work on it. It needed everything rebuilt or replaced. i got pretty far. Fixed up the whole brake system, most of the engine, pannels, bumpers. Well a couple of weeks ago the cops were roaming the neighborhood and saw its outdated tags and it was parked LEGALLY in the street. They banged on the door like po-po's do and said is the owner of that car home i said yea. Got my bro and they said they had to tow it cuz of outdated tags. well at the time i had all my tools, most the parts, and 2 of the 36 in. tires plus the rims in there and they wouldn't let me get it out. So its in the pound right now and its gunna cost like 300 sum odd dollars. $300 i don't have!!! FUCK THE PO-PO and FUCK THE REPO!!!!!:banghead:

davidI
01-06-2003, 06:28 PM
That sux, unfortunately they're sort of right. I don't think you can even park a car in your driveway legally without insurance and registration.

FiveFreshFish
01-06-2003, 06:31 PM
If your tags have expired, then it's NOT legally parked.

Edit: Parked on a public road, I meant to say.

WrxRally89
01-06-2003, 06:31 PM
yea i no but don't you need to pass inspection to get tags for it? if so this thing wouldn't have passed. i still needed to rebuild the exhaust system and a lot other shit b4 it could pass inspection.

FiveFreshFish
01-06-2003, 06:33 PM
I don't know what the laws are in PA, but you're probably safe if you keep it entirely on your property or inside your garage.

WrxRally89
01-06-2003, 06:37 PM
i would keep it in my garage except my 91' 300zx and my moms Malibu are in there, and my bro has his Ram 1500 on the driveway. i might just get it towed by my brothers Ram into the backyard, its big enough to hold it there:)

aZnBlooD
01-06-2003, 06:42 PM
ouch! sorry to hear about that!! but like FiveFreshFish said

If your tags have expired, then it's NOT legally parked.

davidI
01-06-2003, 06:47 PM
yea, throw it on cinder blocks in your backyard!!!

haha, I love driving by houses when you can tell that it's owned by a car nut. There's a house by me wiht like 4 cars in the driveway and 3 on the lawn and probably 2 in the garage. It's like a used car lot...

WrxRally89
01-06-2003, 06:53 PM
okwell i just got news that my bro will pay half of the bail money and i need to pay the other half
now $150 ain't to bad

Hipermax_d
01-06-2003, 08:40 PM
that sucks

so were the cops roaming your neighborhood just for the heck of it or because they were trying to find your truck??

Melinda
01-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Can they take the car with all your stuff in it? Is that allowed? I mean it's the car with outdated tags, not the tools...:dunno:

Melinda

12V
01-07-2003, 02:07 AM
they probably took all your stuff just to be asshole's, what would it have hurt them to let you grab your stuff first...pigs.

Hakkola
01-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by davidI
yea, throw it on cinder blocks in your backyard!!!

haha, I love driving by houses when you can tell that it's owned by a car nut. There's a house by me wiht like 4 cars in the driveway and 3 on the lawn and probably 2 in the garage. It's like a used car lot...

LOL, there's a guy that lives by me, he's got like 5 cars on his driveway, 2 on the road and I dunno how many in the garage, he's got some Ford's that look like they're from the 1940's, I think the newest car there must be from the 80's, it's like going back in time walking past his house.

Melinda
01-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

LOL, there's a guy that lives by me, he's got like 5 cars on his driveway, 2 on the road and I dunno how many in the garage, he's got some Ford's that look like they're from the 1940's, I think the newest car there must be from the 80's, it's like going back in time walking past his house.
My next door neighbors house is like that...lots of really old rusted POS cars...they just sit there in the back yeard, back alley ect...They do nothing with them, just a junk yard of scrap metal...too bad, they have a really old truck there and like a 70's beetle that had they been sold or done something with a few years ago, they'd look awesome. Now, they're all like 98% rust :(

Melinda

mwmhong
01-08-2003, 08:45 AM
From what I know if it's a genuine repossession, anything attached to the car is considered a part of the vehicle. Things like wheels, custom stereo install, modifications, etc.

Things like loose tools, CD's, sunglasses, snowbrush, etc. are NOT part of the vehicle.

Default on financing/lease payments and the repo guy will come and get your car, but in your case it sounds more like a police impounding issue, so it's a bit different. :)

civic_stylez
01-08-2003, 07:34 PM
theyre supposed to give 3 working days to move it. you could arge that shit!