PDA

View Full Version : Siphoning Gas

GorG
04-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Wow, I never thought I would actually resort to this but I need my car to get to work in the next few days and I’m bone dry of money due to bills until Thursday. My winter beater in the back has a full tank of gas, but it’s not registered at the present moment in time so that gas is just sitting around and I need it, does anyone know how to siphon gas with out using my mouth to create the vacuum?

Nissanaddict
04-16-2005, 08:31 PM
They do have siphon hoses with a little hand pump on them....not sure how well they work though. I have no other ideas.

Weapon_R
04-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Learn to suck buddy...

Unless you have an electric motor, getting on your knees is the only way you're gonna get the prize.

kaput
04-16-2005, 08:42 PM

mdeleon
04-16-2005, 08:52 PM
if you have that ez pump thing from canadian tire you might be able to use that...you just gotta find longer hose to replace the tube that's on it right now....i used it las year to drain some gas from my tank before i went to race city...haha...weight reduction :thumbsup:

GorG
04-16-2005, 09:30 PM
^^^ see I was thinking that but the problem is money if I even had 1.50 I would be happy :P looks like Weapon_R is right on this one this looks hopeless, although I’m trying to figure out a way to make that ez pimp thing all you need is a ball spring and two piece cylinder, I don’t know thanks for the help anyways

FiveFreshFish
04-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Here's how you do it without having to suck:

1. Take your jerry can and buy a half litre of gas. Surely you can find 45¢ under your sofa cushions. :)

2. Get a short length of hose that can insert far enough into the gas tank and be long enough to reach the jerry can. Clear aquarium hose is best because you can see through it.

3. Clamp off one end of the hose tightly. Use vice-grip pliers or something similar.

4. Using a funnel, fill the open end of the hose to the top with the gas you just bought. Keep the clamped end as low as possible.

5. Quickly insert the open end of the hose into gas tank of your beater, trying to keep spillage to a minimum.

6. Unclamp the other end, letting the gas inside the hose to do the siphoning into the jerry can.

Hey, it's a lot of work but you did ask! :D

BlkMaxima
04-16-2005, 10:20 PM
I taped the end of a shop vac hose (make sure it is a wet & dry) to a piece of garden hose and use it to suck the gas out of my old boat to winterize it. Just make sure that the inside of the shop vac is spotless as in absolutely no dust dirt hair or anything. Then simply find a way to get it from there into a jerry can or something. This was the easiest and fastest way I found to do it!!!!

knees scrapin'
04-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Learn to suck buddy...

Unless you have an electric motor, getting on your knees is the only way you're gonna get the prize.

:rofl: :rofl:

Use gravity. follow the steps above.

Ichigo
04-17-2005, 11:30 AM
go to the return line on your fuel system and trick your system to spew fuel out of it..

7thgenvic
04-17-2005, 11:47 AM
i hope i never have to resort of this :nut:

GorG
04-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Here's how you do it without having to suck:

1. Take your jerry can and buy a half litre of gas. Surely you can find 45¢ under your sofa cushions. :)

2. Get a short length of hose that can insert far enough into the gas tank and be long enough to reach the jerry can. Clear aquarium hose is best because you can see through it.

3. Clamp off one end of the hose tightly. Use vice-grip pliers or something similar.

4. Using a funnel, fill the open end of the hose to the top with the gas you just bought. Keep the clamped end as low as possible.

5. Quickly insert the open end of the hose into gas tank of your beater, trying to keep spillage to a minimum.

6. Unclamp the other end, letting the gas inside the hose to do the siphoning into the jerry can.

Hey, it's a lot of work but you did ask! :D

Thanks a million it actually worked, yea I’m at full capacity baby :P it was a lot of work but it was worth it