PDA

View Full Version : 02 V6 MUSTANG: dual exhaust gt takeoffs

5abi
04-17-2005, 04:06 PM
If i were to install gt take off exhuast system to my v6 stang, would i get an increase in power?

i am also planning this summer to do a cai, headers, and maybe a pulley system.

whats your input?

thnx

Mad$ella
04-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Dont do pullies if you have a nice stereo, they add a little power, but you loose out in the fact that your stereo system suffers. If thats unimportant to you then go right ahead...

Headers, FLowmaster 40 series mufflers, and cold air intake should be at the top of list. They are the cheaper mods with the nicest results IMO, but I could be wrong or mislead.

gorillam
04-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
Dont do pullies if you have a nice stereo, they add a little power, but you loose out in the fact that your stereo system suffers. If thats unimportant to you then go right ahead...

Headers, FLowmaster 40 series mufflers, and cold air intake should be at the top of list. They are the cheaper mods with the nicest results IMO, but I could be wrong or mislead.

True, and no dont do under-drive pullies if you like all your accessories and the thumpin system :>

5abi
04-17-2005, 06:10 PM
hmmm what sorta gains do udps give?

and on the topic of exhausts, is there a major diffy going with striaght up gt take offs vs flowmaster or ne toher after market?

5abi
04-17-2005, 06:11 PM
ahh headers for sure, what type do u guys reccomend? thnx guys.

gorillam
04-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Any set of longtube headers, hopefully equal length.
Get a full catback exhaust system. Dont do takeoffs.

Exhaust modding a n/a is more of a "throttle response" / sound tuning. You wont really notice the powa much without a power adder. Unless your cat is clogged like a mofo.

balpreet
04-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 5abi
If i were to install gt take off exhuast system to my v6 stang, would i get an increase in power?

i am also planning this summer to do a cai, headers, and maybe a pulley system.

whats your input?

thnx

Tell me how it goes, i am planning to do the same with my stang, keep in touch

tictactoe2004
04-17-2005, 09:46 PM
dont bother investing any money in a V6 stang to make it faster... just sell the car and buy a V8... it probably wont cost you much more money compared to doing up your V6... and not only will it sound like a real mustang... but you wont get laughed at either

dont take that the wrong way, i'm not trying to burn you or anything, but in my opinion doing up a V6 mustang is like a 350 pound chick in a thong... it's just wrong and no one wants to see that....

5abi
04-18-2005, 01:11 AM
hehe we'll c at the end of summer.........

HTN SWCHS
04-18-2005, 10:59 PM
a friend of a friend has a tricked out v6, i test drove it and it hauls ass :love:

i got to balance the tires :bigpimp: :thumbsup:

T-Dubbs
04-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004
but in my opinion doing up a V6 mustang is like a 350 pound chick in a thong... it's just wrong and no one wants to see that....
can i use this in my sig?

tictactoe2004
04-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by RedDevil

can i use this in my sig?

hahah man, your the second person to use one of my lines as a sig since i got here, hahahaha i've only been here for not even a full month yet...

HTN SWCHS
04-18-2005, 11:39 PM
:rofl: :rofl: holy crap i actually read it and it was funny lol :clap: