PDA

View Full Version : Help, Need Help Asap, Serious Trouble

slimeball
04-17-2005, 07:44 PM
A MECHANIC AT CANADIAN TIRE SAID THAT MY MUFFLER BEARINGS ARE SHOT CAUSE THE BELT IS GOING, AND IM NOT SUPPOSED TO DRIVE MY CAR?????? HELP GUYS!!!!!!! I FIGURE IF I GOT TO REPLACE THE MUFFLER BEARINGS I MIGHT AS WELL BUY PERFORMANCE, MY FRIEND SAID THAT NISMO HAS A GOOD SET OF BEARINGS, HELP QUICK!!!!! CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THE PRICE ON THESE AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

ITS A 1987 MAZDA RX-7 TII IF IT HELPS!!!!

PLEASE HELP:confused: :( :banghead: :dunno:

Weapon_R
04-17-2005, 07:46 PM
*grabs a bag of popcorn*

ecstasy_civic
04-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
*grabs a bag of popcorn*

NO SHIT!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

god I hope thats an owning lol

240droptop
04-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by slimeball
A MECHANIC AT CANADIAN TIRE SAID THAT MY MUFFLER BEARINGS ARE SHOT CAUSE THE BELT IS GOING, AND IM NOT SUPPOSED TO DRIVE MY CAR?????? HELP GUYS!!!!!!! I FIGURE IF I GOT TO REPLACE THE MUFFLER BEARINGS I MIGHT AS WELL BUY PERFORMANCE, MY FRIEND SAID THAT NISMO HAS A GOOD SET OF BEARINGS, HELP QUICK!!!!! CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THE PRICE ON THESE AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

ITS A 1987 MAZDA RX-7 TII IF IT HELPS!!!!

PLEASE HELP:confused: :( :banghead: :dunno:

BAN!!!:rolleyes: you gota be kidding me

schmooot
04-17-2005, 08:07 PM
naw you don't need the nismo ones, just Crappy Tires' house brand will do just fine, and it shouldn't be a penny over $50 for the bearings or they are ripping you off.

pyro
04-17-2005, 08:24 PM
get the extra strength ones from kalecoauto. i heard there the best u can get.

http://kalecoauto.com/bearing.GIF

[QUOTE]Extra Strength Muffler Bearing-

Do you have an annoying rattling in your mufflers? Are they sagging a little? Don't quite sound right? That could be the symptoms of a worn muffler bearing. Allow me to introduce the KaleCo muffler bearing! It's unique iron-graphite composite with pre-grease-packed assembly provides over 200,000 miles of smooth muffler operation! It is most likely they will outlast your mufflers. Also works well on heavy duty exhaust systems. One per muffler. [QUOTE]

knees scrapin'
04-17-2005, 08:30 PM
:rofl:

Better go out and check the fluid in your headlights. It's very dangerous to run low on it.:D

replayboy
04-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Did he say anything about the flux capacitor, I heard if the plutonium gets low your fucked!

crazydave
04-17-2005, 09:18 PM
:rofl: dam muffler belt!

Proyecto2000
04-17-2005, 09:24 PM
do u now what car NISMO parts used on?

but then it would be sweeet to see a Mazda with a nice big Nismo banner :rofl:

slimeball
04-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by schmooot
naw you don't need the nismo ones, just Crappy Tires' house brand will do just fine, and it shouldn't be a penny over $50 for the bearings or they are ripping you off.

I went to canadian tire but the guy in the Auto section said I would have to orderd in and it was gunna cost a bunch :dunno:

240droptop
04-17-2005, 09:33 PM
nah slimeball Can tires a ripp off I will sell you the ones off my parts 240 I'm sure they will work:thumbsup:

youngbex
04-17-2005, 09:39 PM
go with the nismo parts:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

El Nagro
04-17-2005, 10:24 PM
I had a group buy goin on the nismo ones awhile back to bad you didnt find out the problem sooner you could have gotten in on it. You may be in luck though I think I am goin to sell mine because the pathfinder is already fast enough.

Let me know ASAP if you want them mike, I ll help you install them too they can be tricky sometimes. $150 for the bearings and the install. You ll have to get your own belt though.

:poosie:

crazydave
04-17-2005, 10:27 PM
getting the right belt length is critical

chris
04-17-2005, 10:36 PM
please tell me this is an owning

Euro_Trash
04-17-2005, 10:37 PM
has to be exactly 1m long, 28.35 mm thick

Euro_Trash
04-17-2005, 10:39 PM
and if I was you I would not drive it until they are fixed. A friend of a friend didn't replace them, his muffler seized, and his cat lit on fire, so his car smelled like burnt hair.

slimeball
04-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by El Nagro
I had a group buy goin on the nismo ones awhile back to bad you didnt find out the problem sooner you could have gotten in on it. You may be in luck though I think I am goin to sell mine because the pathfinder is already fast enough.

Let me know ASAP if you want them mike, I ll help you install them too they can be tricky sometimes. $150 for the bearings and the install. You ll have to get your own belt though.

:poosie:

pm'd!!

Originally posted by chris
please tell me this is an owning

what do you mean??

Originally posted by Euro_Trash
and if I was you I would not drive it until they are fixed. A friend of a friend didn't replace them, his muffler seized, and his cat lit on fire, so his car smelled like burnt hair.

really shit guess I better jsut park it till I get it fixed up

AllGoNoShow
04-17-2005, 10:50 PM
DUDE, YOUR FUCKING STUPID!

*cough*

Your a fucking retard, ok?

Read this over and over again, now on the last time reading it, note all the smileys and winks and sarcasim.

This better be an owning, otherwise you need to go back to the basement closet and stay in for a little bit longer.

:closed:

chris
04-17-2005, 10:51 PM
^^^ my thoughts exactly

slimeball
04-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
DUDE, YOUR FUCKING STUPID!

*cough*

Your a fucking retard, ok?

Read this over and over again, now on the last time reading it, note all the smileys and winks and sarcasim.

This better be an owning, otherwise you need to go back to the basement closet and stay in for a little bit longer.

:closed:

dude if your not gunna help with my problem then Fuck off seriously

Redlyne_mr2
04-17-2005, 10:56 PM

dude if your not gunna help with my problem then Fuck off seriously
You're not funny, your joke is 800 years old and this thread is going to be closed.

youngbex
04-18-2005, 10:01 AM
redlyne mr2 he isnt kidding..............

Obscura
04-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now I'm all worried... I'd better check mine. I hate the smell of burned tabby.

Are those the bearings that glow in the dark?

BumpinTalon
04-18-2005, 10:25 AM
wow this is awesome!!!
this guy is such a dumbfuck! this isn't an owning!

dude I have a spare set of muffler bearings in my garage, they are the Eagle Performance Parts Division bearings that I was going to use until I got the Nismo ones instead, I will sell them to you cheap. They were built for rally cars.

abyss
04-18-2005, 10:29 AM
oh....my.....god......I don't even know what to say. If this is not an owning then I'm sorry but you are looking on the wrong forum for help.

On a side note, some people actually are that dumb, I worked with a guy at Canadian Tire that got sent over to NAPA to get a flux capacitor. He was over there for like a half an hour before he came back and said they had to order it in. My sides almost exploded we were all laughing so hard.

paulsaddress5
04-18-2005, 12:02 PM
while your at it you mid aswell get your foo foo extension rods changed, i hear this is a common problem in those mazda bearings, when u get ur muffler bearings changed make sure you get the motomaster brand foo foo rod joints, they sound the best, good luck with the install

Moonracer
04-18-2005, 12:07 PM
I call :bullshit:

fast95pony
04-18-2005, 05:02 PM
I suggest you call that guy on TSN's Motoring 2005. He's an expert on muffler bearings...
Try lubing the bearings too .You might have to bend over and stretch a bit .Use lots of lube because you're gonna need it !

pyro
04-18-2005, 05:19 PM
^nice:rofl: :rofl:

frostyda9
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Due to the nature of the rotary engine, I would suggest getting a set of titanium muffler bearings. They'll last much longer than the stock ones, and they're lighter too. Also, if your rhodium rods are shot, do go cheap, get the real OEM replacement part.

illeagle
04-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Overnight some muffler-bearings from japan. I was told by a crappy tire "tech" that if you unbolt your front pipe from the exhaust manifold, and pour motor oil down the front-pipe, it will lube your bearings to last a bit more.. You gotta use at least a liter of motor oil so it travels down the pipe to the bearings...

slimeball
04-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
Overnight some muffler-bearings from japan. I was told by a crappy tire "tech" that if you unbolt your front pipe from the exhaust manifold, and pour motor oil down the front-pipe, it will lube your bearings to last a bit more.. You gotta use at least a liter of motor oil so it travels down the pipe to the bearings...

k well I'll give this a try and see if it helps thanks man do i unbolt at the downpipe or just at the cat a budy of mine told me he uses ATF in his exshaust can't remeber what he said it was for tho anyone heard of this before??

SikAssR1
04-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Got any extra popcorn there Weapon_R?

youngbex
04-18-2005, 07:39 PM

k well I'll give this a try and see if it helps thanks man do i unbolt at the downpipe or just at the cat a budy of mine told me he uses ATF in his exshaust can't remeber what he said it was for tho anyone heard of this before??

use about 4L of ATF and pour it down the exhaust at the header or fish a hose down the exhaust and do it that way, it will smoke alot out the exhaust, but that is just hte lube getting into the bearings:D

garagefujimoto
04-18-2005, 07:43 PM
i checked into it today at the dealership, but they said thta the bearings are on sale at autovalue i would go there i think they have them in stock...

pyro
04-19-2005, 09:35 AM
heres a decent muffler belt u can get they come in diffrent colors:D
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/307000-307999/307475_85_full.jpg

habsfan
04-19-2005, 09:41 AM
this is just painful to read :banghead:

brandon
04-19-2005, 09:46 AM
I think this guy is actually an idiot?

http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1515577&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Look at the other posts he has made.

sputnik
04-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Canadian Tire sucks. Get your replacement/performance parts HERE!

http://www.kalecoauto.com/

seer_claw
04-19-2005, 10:08 AM
oh my god...can't breath...laughing...dying...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

More popcorn please. :drama:

240droptop
04-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by brandon
I think this guy is actually an idiot?

http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1515577&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Look at the other posts he has made.
links don't work man