PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclists Be Careful!

B17a
04-18-2005, 08:07 AM
So I'm out walking my dog yesterday afternoon along 85th street just north of Bow Trail west. This pack of guys on crotchrockets come roaring up, probably about a dozen in total. The lead jackass decides to do this loud ass roaring wheelie (I was very impressed you dickhead). Then the next guy for whatever reason, I'm only speculating as I was focused on the jackass doing the wheelie just ahead, lays his bike down hard, nearly skids into the curb and probably did a couple g's damage to his bike. He wasn't hurt thankfully since he got up and walked. But he was literally a few meters from having the pickup truck behind him run him over. If he was being an ass like his buddy and about to hammer a hard wheelie (on a residential road), you got what you had coming to you! If not, be careful for Christ's sake! I'm sure its nice to be out riding after the winter but doing a mile long wheelie at 80km/h may impress your friends but I'm sure you'll think twice after getting wrapped around a truck axle.

kevie88
04-18-2005, 08:30 AM
lol

Riding in groups is super dangerous, especially if you don't know the other guys and their abilities.. egos get turned waaaay up in groups.

B17a
04-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
lol

Riding in groups is super dangerous, especially if you don't know the other guys and their abilities.. egos get turned waaaay up in groups.

They were riding pretty tight too, I'm actually surprised neither him skidding to the left and his bike skidding to the right took out any of his riding mates.

SOAB
04-18-2005, 10:25 AM
darwin will do the work.

too bad they always give other riders a bad name.

BlueGoblin
04-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Although darwin will usually take care of these guys, it comes at the expense of my insurance rates - a few years ago in the US, insurance companies were no longer insuring 'sport bikes' - a category that to them included the ZZR-250, GS500 and BMW K75S.

I was remind of this as I was passed by two CBR600RR mounted retards on Sarcee last week. They came up behind me at about 200+, slowed to about 130 for safety as they split between cars doing 80-90, then back up to 200 ish just in time to stop for a red light at 17th Ave.

I just hope that when their lesson is learned it doesn't come at the expense of anybody else.

B17a
04-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Unbelievable! One week after I witnessed these guys, some guy up in Country Hills does the same thing and gets killed. I heard this morning on the news, he was doing a wheelie at 80km/h, lost control and smoked an oncoming taxi head on. Nice job doofus, on a residential road too, if it weren't for your 2 kids who are now fatherless, I'd say you got what you deserved! :thumbsdow

At approximately 3:08 PM on April 23, 2005, a 38 year old
male was operating a motorcycle southbound on Coventry Hills
Way NE. The male lost control and collided with a northbound
vehicle. The motorcyclist suffered massive internal injuries
and succumbed to those injuries at the Foothills Hospital.
The motorcyclist's name is not being released pending
notification of next of kin.

Fivewayradio
04-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Whoah, that's cold. The guy is dead. He made a very bad decision, but he certainly didn't deserve to die. I feel very badly for his family and I hope this tragedy serves as a reminder for all motorcyclists to slow down and never stunt on city streets.

B17a
04-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Fivewayradio
Whoah, that's cold. The guy is dead. He made a very bad decision, but he certainly didn't deserve to die. I feel very badly for his family and I hope this tragedy serves as a reminder for all motorcyclists to slow down and never stunt on city streets.

Yes its cold, but lets put it this way, since he was on a residential road and say instead of a taxi he hit your 4 year old girl playing at 80 km/h (if you had a kid) what would you say? I know what I would think!

sputnik
04-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by B17a
Unbelievable! One week after I witnessed these guys, some guy up in Country Hills does the same thing and gets killed. I heard this morning on the news, he was doing a wheelie at 80km/h, lost control and smoked an oncoming taxi head on. Nice job doofus, on a residential road too, if it weren't for your 2 kids who are now fatherless, I'd say you got what you deserved! :thumbsdow

He got what he deserved, but his kids didnt deserve to lose their father.

Fivewayradio
04-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Yes its cold, but lets put it this way, since he was on a residential road and say instead of a taxi he hit your 4 year old girl playing at 80 km/h (if you had a kid) what would you say? I know what I would think!

Under no circumstances do I condone this guy's decision to stunt on a public street. But I don't necessarily think that stupidity deserves to be rewarded with death. There are far too many stupid people who do stupid things for that kind of punishment to be reasonable.

B17a
04-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Fivewayradio

Under no circumstances do I condone this guy's decision to stunt on a public street. But I don't necessarily think that stupidity deserves to be rewarded with death. There are far too many stupid people who do stupid things for that kind of punishment to be reasonable.

You're a good man. If I had my way......:whipped:

Let me rephrase that so I don't sounds like a total cold blooded killer. I dont' think all stupid people should deserve to die, however if someone dies in an act of sheer stupidity and irresponsibility (ie motorcycle boy), then I shall feel no remorse.

in*10*se
04-26-2005, 12:21 PM
i guess i agree, but i don't think anyone deserves to die, or get hurt... it's never a good outcome.... i just wish no one ever does stupid stuff, but i guess u can't control it but still have to feel for whoever it happens to....