PDA

View Full Version : Telus phone with Bell? Help

Atombomb
04-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I just got a nice telus phone, but I want to do a plan with my girlfriend, so I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use a Telus phone for bell
I've seen threads when I did a search asking the other way around.PLEASE HELP thanks a lot!

ddmmak
04-18-2005, 07:25 PM
There is no chance in hell that bell will use a telus and vice versa!! They have business agreements that do not allow them to use each other's phone. But if you are albe to get the programming lock code and the correct programming instructions..a bell rep "might" put it on the bell network.. but you will not be able to use a lotof features offered on bell.

Davetronz
04-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Edit:
My bad, I didnt know that Bell is CDMA like Telus...
Anyways, yea it is not likely that they would let you use the hardware on diff companies.

lint
04-18-2005, 11:35 PM
There are no "business agreements" that prevent you from activating a competitors phone on their network, they simply only want to have their own phones on their networks.

And you can get them activated, but it would be in analog mode, so you will lose features such as text messaging, and other digital only features.