PDA

View Full Version : rca questions

_integra_typeR_
04-18-2005, 09:51 PM
i was wondering does say a cheap rca make a differnce from a good one? and what are good rcas are out but not to pricy and how long would i need to go from my dash to my truck on a 96 accord sedan?

BumpinTalon
04-18-2005, 10:22 PM
really cheap RCAs will sound bad... like the kind you get from crappy tire. you might notice a little bit of fuzziness or noise, but only if you use them for your speakers. just get "regular" RCAs from Stinger, PG, Rockford, JL... considering how much money the premium RCAs are, its hard to justify the extra cost for maybe a 1 decibel difference at 40,000Hz (ie. no difference at all).

spike98
04-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Without starting a huge argument with the whole RCA bit. Go with whatever tickles your fancy. IMO no RCA's will make a deference as long as they are shielded. The super cheap london drug ones aren't sheilded but will work if thats what your budget can handle.

I always go with the low cost stinger ones. The blue. I think they are the HPM series. They are realitvly cheap and look not to bad. If you want to get creative build your own. You can get some nice gold plated RCA connectors at RAT SHACK for cheap and buy your own wire. That way you can cut exactly to lenth and you will save some money.

This of course is my 0.02 euros