PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of purchasing a mr two

evo12
04-19-2005, 10:10 AM
As we all know its not everyday we see a mr2 for sale in the paper or the Buysell, does anyone know of any for sale? I am looking for a 91 - 93 , 5spd turbo. Thanks in advance.

jvillain
04-19-2005, 10:43 AM
If you really want one you will probably have to look at the west coast, US or possibly an imported JDM. I would start with the west coast.

Most of the people that have them are taking them to the grave because the chances of any one building a car like this again in a price range any one can afford are pretty slim.

jaysas_63
04-19-2005, 12:02 PM
theres two for sale in teh trader :

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&kw=&dp=&age=&kfr=1&kto=2000000&category=4000&mk=TOYOTA&md=MR2&yfr=1984&yto=2005&pfr=0&pto=9999999&postal=&distance=&city=&pro=AB&dm=2&type=province

if u wait until the end of spring, or early summer a LOT more will come up for sale....just be pateint

thinmyster
04-19-2005, 12:23 PM
my car is going to be the grave of me!!! but good luck with the search

evo12
04-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks a lot for you help guys, ive seen the ones in autotrader and in buysell, I was hoping someone knew of a private sale, well I hope some more pop up sooner or later. Thanks again.

XylathaneGTR
04-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I call dibs if one comes up!

Keebler
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
i'm selling mine but i'm in manitoba :dunno:

evo12
04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I think a couple people here would like to know a little bit more about your mr two, are you able to give some details? maybe photos? Thanks

thinmyster
04-21-2005, 03:05 PM
is yours the one in the trader with the border front?

Keebler
04-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by evo12
I think a couple people here would like to know a little bit more about your mr two, are you able to give some details? maybe photos? Thanks

mr2 for sale (http://www.kiraamzsy.com/mr2.html)

evo12
04-21-2005, 03:48 PM
looks very clean and in good shape, even the leather seats seem to be in great shape, what can you tell me about the manual boost controller? have you made any adjustments? what is she currently running at?

What do yout think XylathaneGTR , you gonna jump on it? haha.

XylathaneGTR
04-21-2005, 03:53 PM
looks very clean and in good shape, even the leather seats seem to be in great shape, what can you tell me about the manual boost controller? have you made any adjustments? what is she currently running at?

What do yout think XylathaneGTR , you gonna jump on it? haha.

The MBC basically means You turn a knob, and it increases boost, and you look at the boost gauge to see how much you're running. Cheaper than an electronic boost controller :)
That ones looking pretty good, i just might have to. :D

Keebler
04-21-2005, 04:00 PM

manual boost controller... i don't feel like spending hundreds of dollars for an electronic one that does the same as what this does for $50 :tongue:

have it set for around 13-14 psi

Redlyne_mr2
04-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Keebler

mr2 for sale (http://www.kiraamzsy.com/mr2.html)
Nice car and a very fair price for a 93

Redlyne_mr2
04-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Heres another one I found :
Hey guys, I am selling my 1991 MR2 turbo I purchased back in aug 03. The car is super red II on black leather, it has t-tops and the 7 speaker premium stereo. In dec 03 the car was stripped and prepped for paint and was then painted 1993 mr2 SUPER red II by my body shop meadowridge collision. I colour matched the side moudlings and 93 lip to match the 93+ style monochrome paintjob. The car runs very smooth, engine is strong and the car pulls VERY hard. Chasis feels very tight and it handles excelently. I upgraded the turbo in aug 04 with a greddy unit (td06) and only 10psi (lowest setting) my car did a 13.8 1/4 mile with a crappy launch of a 2.3 second 60ft ( i have pulled 1.9 sec 60fts in this car). The car has a recent tune up with toyota leads, cap, rotor and sparkplugs. Here is a list of items I have purchased and installed on my car. The car is fast and I estimate has around 260-280hp at 13psi. Also, I have the full service history and maintenance records from toyota. Car has NO accident claims, only one glass claime for a cracked windshield in summer 04.

Engine
-----
ACT stage 2 clutch
Toyota ring gear/ pilot bearing for clutch install
HKS HiPer catback exhaust (this exhaust cost me around 1k )
HKS super mega flow airfilter
HKS SSQV
Greddy TD06-SH turbo kit with downpipe $$$!
Aftermarket downpipe for new turbo
Spearco water/alcohol injection

Suspension
-----
Tokico 5 way illumas
Tein stech springs
Kosei K1 wheels 15x7 13lbs each
Advan 032r tires

Electronics
-----
Defi BF series boost gauge
BF controler II
HKS EVCIV boost controler
HKS type 01 turbo timer

Exterior
-----
Monochrome paintjob super red II
99 clear corners
93 front lip.

As far as Im concerned all my mods are tastefull and serve a valuable purpase on the car, some maintenance stuff was taken care of by these mods.. clutch shocks etc etc.

The car is priced 16,000 OBO

Please email me if you are interested

[email protected]

thanks a lot!

John

2-YOTA
04-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Keebler: I had a look at the picture of the 93 Turbo you're selling ... question for you ... did your car happen to originate from BC?

There used to be a car here in BC that was uniquely the same as yours. Rims, color, and year! There was some intriquing history from Toyota on that particular one!

jvillain
04-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Nice car and a very fair price for a 93

Agreed. And with a less common color.

XylathaneGTR
04-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Heres another one I found :
Hey guys, I am selling my 1991 MR2 turbo I purchased back in aug 03. The car is super red II on black leather, it has t-tops and the 7 speaker premium stereo. In dec 03 the car was stripped and prepped for paint and was then painted 1993 mr2 SUPER red II by my body shop meadowridge collision. I colour matched the side moudlings and 93 lip to match the 93+ style monochrome paintjob. The car runs very smooth, engine is strong and the car pulls VERY hard. Chasis feels very tight and it handles excelently. I upgraded the turbo in aug 04 with a greddy unit (td06) and only 10psi (lowest setting) my car did a 13.8 1/4 mile with a crappy launch of a 2.3 second 60ft ( i have pulled 1.9 sec 60fts in this car). The car has a recent tune up with toyota leads, cap, rotor and sparkplugs. Here is a list of items I have purchased and installed on my car. The car is fast and I estimate has around 260-280hp at 13psi. Also, I have the full service history and maintenance records from toyota. Car has NO accident claims, only one glass claime for a cracked windshield in summer 04.

Engine
-----
ACT stage 2 clutch
Toyota ring gear/ pilot bearing for clutch install
HKS HiPer catback exhaust (this exhaust cost me around 1k )
HKS super mega flow airfilter
HKS SSQV
Greddy TD06-SH turbo kit with downpipe $$$!
Aftermarket downpipe for new turbo
Spearco water/alcohol injection

Suspension
-----
Tokico 5 way illumas
Tein stech springs
Kosei K1 wheels 15x7 13lbs each
Advan 032r tires

Electronics
-----
Defi BF series boost gauge
BF controler II
HKS EVCIV boost controler
HKS type 01 turbo timer

Exterior
-----
Monochrome paintjob super red II
99 clear corners
93 front lip.

As far as Im concerned all my mods are tastefull and serve a valuable purpase on the car, some maintenance stuff was taken care of by these mods.. clutch shocks etc etc.

The car is priced 16,000 OBO

Please email me if you are interested

[email protected]

thanks a lot!

John
Where abouts is that one located?

Redlyne_mr2
04-23-2005, 06:24 PM
I think its Vancouver