PDA

View Full Version : Fraud claim

04-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I get a call yesterday from the fraud department saying they wantto talk to me. I go down today and say i am getting chargd with fraud turns out that some of the checks I deposiited were mistaken for some checks my mom had with regards to some accounting she does. I did not notcie the difference in the checks. I went into holding room, talked to the man and told him my story. He does not belive me and issued me a court date. What do I do in court and how do I make the judge belive me. I am 15 years old right now, and have never been to court before, looking for some advice on what I do in court and how I make my case!

ca2p3r
04-19-2005, 04:12 PM
get a lawyer

cavb0i
04-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Get ur mom to help.

gatorade
04-19-2005, 05:48 PM
no offence, but how the hell could you do that, cheques, have a persons name at the very top left corner.

2.0turbo
04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
have you talked to your mom about this. Sounds kinda fishy if you ask me.

tc3
04-19-2005, 06:33 PM
You are under age, Was an Adult present on ur behalf when u talked to them??
Get a lawyer, It'll probaly get thrown out if u can back up ur story, plus a lawyer can probaly argue what was said and any intimidation that might have happened when they talked to u alone?!?

Seanith
04-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Why can't they just see your young, made a mistake, and just give your mom her cheques back? :dunno:

The Rider
04-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm confused here. What cheques did you deposit? Did you just see a stack of cheques on the counter and say, "I bet those are for me" I'm not trying to bash you here, I just don't quite understand what you did wrong.

jaysas_63
04-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by tc3
You are under age, Was an Adult present on ur behalf when u talked to them??
Get a lawyer, It'll probaly get thrown out if u can back up ur story, plus a lawyer can probaly argue what was said and any intimidation that might have happened when they talked to u alone?!?

he isn't under age....teh age at which the police need a parent in order to speak with a child is 12 ( i think), but he is deffinatley over..

if u are honestly telling us teh truth...then say the same to teh judge, and hope he belives u, u might want to consider a lawyer too......

Weapon_R
04-20-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm not sure we can give you accurate advice, but most of us will try anyways :)

Without proper details, however, no one understands what you are trying to say, let alone what you want us to help you with.

Try again, this time slowly. Rereading your work is always a good idea.

Tyler883
04-20-2005, 01:12 AM
nope.......I don't beleive you either!

me thinks you are not telling us all the details.

ca2p3r
04-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883
nope.......I don't beleive you either!

me thinks you are not telling us all the details.

me thinks you need to go back to school

finboy
04-20-2005, 03:28 PM
lawyer

hjr
04-20-2005, 05:03 PM
penis.... get one

AcuraTl
04-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by hjr
penis.... get one

:werd:

05-10-2005, 06:23 PM
There were some checks beside my allowence and i thought that they were for me also. So with my allowence i depostied the checks into my bank account. i find out later they are for the church my mom does accounting for. I have talked to the preist of the church already and apologized for my mistake and and just wondering what my concequences are if they find me guilty?

shakalaka
05-10-2005, 06:33 PM
But wouldnt the allowence checks have your name on them and the church ones wont? How could you mistake in them? As far as the consequences are concerned I am not too sure about that. Fine maybe? Jail/probation even? Not sure.

05-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes that was my mistake I did not look at the name on the other checks.

TheBenzo
05-10-2005, 06:46 PM
But you looked at the amount of the cheque obviously in order to deposit them. Kid, you are SO full of shit and I hope you do some "hard time" in CYOC. I also think you are writing this bullshit on here to try and communicate to the people that you think are reading your beyond posts. You are a liar and you stole. Or you are so mentally inept that you should be living on long term disability. I knew how to deposit cheques when I was 11 years old.

You are lying, you defrauded the church and you are a criminal.

I hope your mother isnt so stupid as to believe your bullshit. If she does she is likely blinded by denial of her kid actually being a putrid little thief.

mago0
05-10-2005, 06:46 PM
lol. big mistake.

AcuraTl
05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
fuck...hope you burn for that one...how the fuck can u do that...

05-10-2005, 07:06 PM
haha it was an honest mistake, its not that I dont know how to read checks its just the fact that i didnt. I have done all the right things to correct my mistake, talking to the preist, and repaying all the money. I am just wondering what will happen when I go to my court date.

TheBenzo
05-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Youve paid it back? ALL of it? This is really hard to believe. I stole some chocolate almonds and some of the cash when I was playing baseball when I was 11... I thought it was my cash and I thought my mom bought the almonds. :rolleyes:

Nice collection of rides.... for a 15 yeaar old.

Really if Im wrong, I apologize, but it just doesnt make sense man.

05-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Im 16 sorry I was 15 when i deposited the check.
The jeep used to be mine i sold it and drive the el now.
Anyway, I have paid it all back. I do not see how this cannot make sense, it was an accident and I am just trying to figure out whats gonna happen in court:dunno:

Singel
05-10-2005, 07:19 PM
^ You can't even get your story straight here:rolleyes: You're obviously a spoiled little rich brat who has a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully community service/probation, etc. help in that. Btw next November you can probly make some good money stealing poppy donations, or better yet collect donations to shave your head for cancer and keep it for yourself:thumbsdow :rolleyes:

Weapon_R
05-10-2005, 07:21 PM
If you've paid it all already, here's what you can do. Type a heartfelt letter to the priest apologizing for your actions. Hand deliver it to him and explain the situation. Ask the priest to provide you with a letter stating that the total has been paid.

Take BOTH letters with you to court, and explain that you made a mistake and that it has been rectified. Next, suggest that you do not have a criminal record or any other problems with criminal activity, that you are a student who has good grades and aspires to be (insert something here) and ask for alternative measures.

Most likely for a first offense, you will get it. It's typically a small fine to a charity or a couple hours of community service. Don't worry too much - once you hit 18, no matter what the sentence, your record will be sealed.

05-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes my story is stright, I am 16 now but 15 when i deposited the checks. And I no where close to being the peron to steal money from poppy donations or donations for cancer so fuck you, and if im a spoiled rich brat why would i try and steal money in the first place? Thanks for your insite on my problem

05-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Weapon R- Thank you very much for your help! And I would be more than happy to do some charity work, for my mistake.

Weapon_R
05-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Well that is exactly what you will probably receive. Luckily for you, it's just a slap on the wrist because a) you're protected by the YOA, and b) its your first offence and c) you have a priest who seems to be pretty reasonable and willing to help you out.

TheBenzo
05-10-2005, 07:37 PM
You arent a spoiled rich brat, I am. I have 3 mercedes benz.

05-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by TheBenzo
You arent a spoiled rich brat, I am. I have 3 mercedes benz.

ahahahaha ok hot shot! You realize how low your life is when your trying to impress and 16 year old over a car fourm.:tongue:

rinny
05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Yea you definately wont be given much for a sentence considering your age, the crime, and the fact that it was non violent.

There was a Calgary adult that i was reading about in the paper who out of all things was practicing to be a lawyer and defrauded Rona out of almost 10g's...he got probation

TheBenzo
05-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 5.0

ahahahaha ok hot shot! You realize how low your life is when your trying to impress and 16 year old over a car fourm.:tongue: I wasn't tryign to impress anyone, I was correcting you.

69cougar
05-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Well that is exactly what you will probably receive. Luckily for you, it's just a slap on the wrist because a) you're protected by the YOA, and b) its your first offence and c) you have a priest who seems to be pretty reasonable and willing to help you out.

The yoa is dead. It is now the YCJA. Youth Criminal Justice Act and there are more powers for the judges regarding sentencing. You are unfortunalty right though in that it will be a wrist slap. Sad if you hit em hard the 1st time it will usually serve as a good deterent but a wrist slap is a WOT IMO

:devil:

AsianCaucasian
05-11-2005, 09:51 AM
I call bullshit. If it's your allowance, don't you get a set amount? You definitely would have noticed if the cheques you deposited and the amount in your bank account was way over what you are supposed to get. Church donations aren't usually small, I bet there was a few grand in there. That's despicable.:bullshit:

05-11-2005, 10:37 PM
^
My allowence is not set i get paid for what I do and also have money deducted for what I dont do, also the prices between my allowence were maybe $10-$20 off, The amount that I depostited which wasnt mine was a total of $250. So it was not in the thousands, and i do not find it dispicible, seeing as it was an accident, and everything I did to fix the problem.

Originally posted by TheBenzo
I wasn't tryign to impress anyone, I was correcting you.

You called me a spoided rich brat in the first place so how are you correcting me?

Weapon_R
05-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar

The yoa is dead. It is now the YCJA. Youth Criminal Justice Act and there are more powers for the judges regarding sentencing. You are unfortunalty right though in that it will be a wrist slap. Sad if you hit em hard the 1st time it will usually serve as a good deterent but a wrist slap is a WOT IMO

:devil:

Well ya learn something new every day :thumbsup:

Singel
05-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by 5.0
^
My allowence is not set i get paid for what I do and also have money deducted for what I dont do, also the prices between my allowence were maybe $10-$20 off, The amount that I depostited which wasnt mine was a total of $250. So it was not in the thousands, and i do not find it dispicible, seeing as it was an accident, and everything I did to fix the problem.

You called me a spoided rich brat in the first place so how are you correcting me?

Do you always get multiple cheques for allowance? And if you're allowance is $250 then you are just a spoiled fucking brat