PDA

View Full Version : SiR Too much money?

Butter
01-07-2003, 01:38 PM
My buddy is thinking about buying this SiR

http://www.videovehicles.com/ottawa/listings/l0066.html

We have test driven is already. The tires are new but I would change them because it really chatters off the line. Other than that the car is in nice shape. I think it is over priced, so I told him I would ask here and see what people think...so...

Thanks for any advise

max_boost
01-07-2003, 01:44 PM
That looks like a good deal....

D'z Nutz
01-07-2003, 01:49 PM
... but maybe not if you're buying it from Ottawa. It'd probably be a good idea to check out the going rate for cars of the similar years in your city or province as well, since a car's value tends to vary in different places.

Yellow_Fly_Red
01-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Still might be worth it......
I checked on the priced at Megawheels.com... and the average price for a 2000 Civic SE or LX is around $17,000-$18,000
since the Si-R is a rare car.... $19,900 is not bad in my book...
see if you can talk them down to $19,000.
:hitit:

04blackMAX
01-07-2003, 02:23 PM
ive got a silver sir for sale and ima in calgary, its highly modded, but lemme know the price your working with and maybe we can work sumthing out

Aleks
01-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Butter
My buddy is thinking about buying this SiR

http://www.videovehicles.com/ottawa/listings/l0066.html

We have test driven is already. The tires are new but I would change them because it really chatters off the line. Other than that the car is in nice shape. I think it is over priced, so I told him I would ask here and see what people think...so...

Thanks for any advise

What gen Altima do you have :D

Weapon_R
01-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
ive got a silver sir for sale and ima in calgary, its highly modded, but lemme know the price your working with and maybe we can work sumthing out

For another 2 grand there is no doubt i'd rather take this ride instead of a bone stock! Work something out with eachother!

turboMiata
01-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Not sure where you live, but I personally would steer away from cars originating from out east. They use lots of salt on their roads and sometimes that would cause the car to corrode faster.

boi-alien
01-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
Not sure where you live, but I personally would steer away from cars originating from out east. They use lots of salt on their roads and sometimes that would cause the car to corrode faster.
not sometimes ALL the time! salt sucks!! :thumbsdow

shadowz
01-07-2003, 03:36 PM
RUST RUST RUST!!!!

Butter
01-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the feed back. We both live in Ottawa so the Calgary car is prolly a no go, also he is thinking of using this car to break into the mod scene after a year of stock. YA rust sucks but the car is pretty dealer said it was stored but who knows.

I drive a gen 2 altima btw...the lowly 150hp version (GXE but I added a spoiler to make the backend a little more pretty )

thx again

Hipermax_d
01-07-2003, 09:21 PM
i like it but its kind of expensive