PDA

View Full Version : Importing a JDM car, where's the professionalism?

Redlyne_mr2
04-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Not to bash on the local JDM importers but I do have some concerns. Myself and a friend are looking to import a couple of 911's. I've been trying to direct him at who to deal with because he doesn't know much about the local importers. We tried dealing with one of the larger well known importers. One of the guys who runs it does not even have a phone we can contact him at nor does he have any sort of sales contract or deposit agreement which is fine if you're dealing with a couple hundred bucks but once you start dealing with many thousands of dollars it becomes a different story. We have found quite a few cars to bid on but everytime he tries to get in touch with someone they either don't respond to him in time or don't repond to him at all. We're both tired of the these guys operating behind email accounts and PM's. Are there any importers out there who handle matters properly, there are some Porsches going through auction right now that we would like to bid on, which company out there can actually give us a phone number and some fast professional service?

shakalaka
04-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Did you try www.importconcern.ca ?? Someone from there might be able to help you out.

thinmyster
04-20-2005, 02:53 PM
kinda sounded like that was implied ? :dunno:

shakalaka
04-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
kinda sounded like that was implied ? :dunno:

Yea I think so too. Should have guessed!

chris
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
christian has a phone number, you can't just bid on a car with no deposit, otherwise they might end up with a car they dont want to sell, i had the same problem when i didn't have a deposit down. As soon as you put down a deposit, you can begin to bid at auction. If you want you can try www.jns-imports.com

Weapon_R
04-20-2005, 04:10 PM
And no one is going to put up a deposit without a detailed agreement addressing the requirements of a transaction...

Redlyne_mr2
04-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by chris
christian has a phone number, you can't just bid on a car with no deposit, otherwise they might end up with a car they dont want to sell, i had the same problem when i didn't have a deposit down. As soon as you put down a deposit, you can begin to bid at auction. If you want you can try www.jns-imports.com
We were never given a tel number, my friend has the cash in hand ready to go but who's going to put 8K-10K down without any sort of agreement. We've tried JNS and again they're all about communicating via email. We even received an excuse from one of the importers that he was too busy dealing with finals!!! WTF??

Deetz
04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
We have cars from oversea's available. Give us a shout. I have a couple crx's and and mr2 on the way now. Porches are easy to get, even in LHD.