PDA

View Full Version : The reason why UFC= pride jr

gatorade
04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
http://thefightgame.tv/pride_fc_middleweight_gp_2005_promo_videos.htm

Look at the production value and quailty of Pride events, Pride shows that its first class and a world class organization, it doesn't look like some underground backyard crapfest.

This is just the english version preview, the japanese production videos are usually 10x better.

2002civic
04-20-2005, 04:09 PM
maybe you should post a link that works first

awd
04-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Production value isn't what makes it Pride Jr. -- quality/depth of fighters is.

BigMass
04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
I'll tell you why UFC is Pride Jr... Here's the next pride event

Wanderlei Silva (Brazil) vs. Hidehiko Yoshida (Japan)
Dan Henderson (USA) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (Brazil)
Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (USA) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (Brazil)
Igor Vovchanchyn (Ukraine) vs. Yuki Kondo (Japan)
Kevin Randleman (USA) vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (Japan)
Kazushi Sakuraba (Japan) vs. Yoon Dong Sik (Korea)
Vitor Belfort (Brazil) vs. Alistair Overeem (Holland)
Dean Lister (USA) vs. Ricardo Arona (Brazil)

Now... can anyone remember who fought on the last UFC card other than Chuck and Randy? Yes, i know Huges fought etc, but im making the point that it doesnt even come close. The production budget is not even in the same galaxy and the crowd is so much more knowledgeable than the typical beer guzzling american crowd.

Also, what HW fighters does UFC have? Ummm Andrei? Mir? Silvia? thats about all i can think of in terms of HW fighters that dont fit the total Tomato can persona. The top 3 Pride HW fighers alone, Cro Cop, Fedor and Nogueria would pretty much murder any UFC fighter 10 times over.

The more UFC becomes mainstream with shows like ultimate figher, etc. the more lame like boxing it will become. Full of bullshit and politics. Its already turning into the 1 fight main event and a bunch of no-name fighters in the undercard.. Pride is always a packed event with decent fights. Not just 1 main fight full of filler junk.

Pride pays fighters way more money than UFC does. The only fighters that make good money in the UFC are the marquee fighters. Basically if you become good pride will scoop you up.

K1 is deteriorating for the same reason. More money means the best K1 fighers will try their skills in MMA and quit K1. That’s why the current K1 champ is a joke and K1 is no where near where it was in the 90s

gatorade
04-20-2005, 07:42 PM
godammit heres the working url

http://thefightgame.tv/pride_total_elimination_2005/pride_fc_te_2005_preview_high_res.wmv

sorry bout that.

gatorade
04-20-2005, 08:39 PM
most of k1's fighters are old and retiring, any hug has passed away, hoost has retired i think, aerts is too injured and washed up, sefo is still here, remy is exciting, kaolai is good but too small.

K-1 Max is awesome though, Masato, kraus,bukaw,ludwig,kid ETC

K1-Max is actually doing good in the ratings.