PDA

View Full Version : Touchless Carwashes

Ferio_vti
01-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Anyone here ever use them?? Are they worth the extra few bucks or they a waste of money??

I figure, since I usually end up spending around $4 for a self serve wash, I might as well try out a touchless. I know most clean the under carriage which is a bonus, not to mention, its hard to clean the underside well with those spray wands.

redline_13000
01-07-2003, 05:43 PM
i used to use the brush washes..now my paint is full of swirls...my friend has a jeep...over a year old and not one swirl..he was using the touchless

Ferio_vti
01-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Yah, the brushes are evil. I only use the spray wand, and I always miss a few spots on the side of the car.

GingeRRRBeef
01-07-2003, 05:45 PM
touchless is awesome, I usually get the ultimate wash ($10) and it gets my car squeaky clean and I don't get the paint swhirls!

szw
01-07-2003, 06:06 PM
They have a dryer at the end of them right? Do they work well?

DSM Power
01-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Waste of $$ when you can do the whole thing yourself for $5 or less. :) And anybody who takes their car thru a 'regular' wash with the brushes = :banghead:

MistaBrent
01-07-2003, 06:21 PM
The dryers dry alright, but i still get the damn water spots.

OMG I hate water spots

spot free rinse dosnt do shit

Dope Dealer
01-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Just bring a towel with you and when you are passed the drying phase, park, get out and dry off.

I've never tried a car wash with brushes, only touchless :D

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Keep in mind that not all "touchless" washes are truly touchless. The Esso carwash in Edgemont has a big roller that hits your windshield to sense where your car is for the dryer. Not good, plus it's slightly uphill when you're creeping through the dryer. :thumbsdow

Ferio_vti
01-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Just bring a towel with you and when you are passed the drying phase, park, get out and dry off.

I've never tried a car wash with brushes, only touchless :D

Where do you go for touchless??

I wanna try the one at the Big Bucket at Crowfoot, but they've been out of order for a week or so.

Fluidic
01-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by MistaBrent
The dryers dry alright, but i still get the damn water spots.

OMG I hate water spots

spot free rinse dosnt do shit

It should. Spot free rinse is in fact nothing short of plain old distilled water. You know the water you use in your iron... same shit... designed not to cause calcium buildup... thus no water spots on your car. Make sure ALL OF THE regular rinse water is washed off the car with the spot free... try that and post us your response.

Peace!

Peter

sexualbanana
01-07-2003, 10:15 PM
when i don't have my body kit and rims on i usually go to fortune on macleod. that place is awesome. it's touchless and then right after the dryer people dry off ur car for u

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

It should. Spot free rinse is in fact nothing short of plain old distilled water. You know the water you use in your iron... same shit... designed not to cause calcium buildup... thus no water spots on your car. Make sure ALL OF THE regular rinse water is washed off the car with the spot free... try that and post us your response.

Peace!

Peter

I thought they just put some type of chemical in it to prevent spots. Kind of like Kodak Photoflo to keep water spots off your negatives when process your own film.

Wouldn't distilled water be expensive for a car wash?

Fluidic
01-07-2003, 10:22 PM
I should get my buddy who works at one of these places access to my beyond account so that he can vouch for my info I'm typing here.

Seriously... it's distilled water... you should see the HUGE vats of this shit in the back room(s)... good ole` low pressure... does the trick when trying to save cash! :)

Peter

Ferio_vti
01-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
when i don't have my body kit and rims on i usually go to fortune on macleod. that place is awesome. it's touchless and then right after the dryer people dry off ur car for u

Homer Simpon:
What is this?? A carwash for millionaires??

I'm not sure about having other people drying my car. How much they charge at Fortune??

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2003, 10:33 PM
I should get my buddy who works at one of these places access to my beyond account so that he can vouch for my info I'm typing here.

Seriously... it's distilled water... you should see the HUGE vats of this shit in the back room(s)... good ole` low pressure... does the trick when trying to save cash! :)

Peter

Haha! I think I'm just relating it to the cost of bottled drinking water (which isn't even distilled)! :D

I wonder if they use distilled water at the wand wash places. They've also got a low-pressure setting but I've been too cheap to use it!

Fluidic
01-07-2003, 10:38 PM
The wand washes is what I'm reffering to. As far as I know, both the automated and self serve places use distilled water. The big jugs at Safeway, for your iron, cost no more then 3 bucks for 4 liters! LOL

Peter

missblondie
01-07-2003, 10:43 PM
I notice that if your car sits low enough the bottom of the guns don't hit it, so your skirts are still dirty when you leave...

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2003, 10:44 PM
The wand washes is what I'm reffering to. As far as I know, both the automated and self serve places use distilled water. The big jugs at Safeway, for your iron, cost no more then 3 bucks for 4 liters! LOL

Peter

Ah... I thought you were referring to the touchless washes. I'll have to spend that extra buck to try it out next time, or flip the switch during rinse before the cycle ends. :thumbsup:

$3 for 4 litres is about the price of regular gas! :D

Fluidic
01-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
$3 for 4 litres is about the price of regular gas! :D

HAHAHAHAHA... interesting... never thought of it that way. :confused: :bigpimp:

Peter

szw
01-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Haha! I think I'm just relating it to the cost of bottled drinking water (which isn't even distilled)! :D

I can imagine some fancy high-roller carwash where these guys come out and pour bottles of evian on your car. haha

Fluidic
01-07-2003, 11:14 PM
No no... it's all about the naked chicks... cleaning a white car... with bottles of Evian water and using there tits as washing mitts! LOL

HAHAHAHAHAAH!! :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Peter

Melinda
01-07-2003, 11:26 PM
No no... it's all about the naked chicks... cleaning a white car... with bottles of Evian water and using there tits as washing mitts! LOL

Hahaha been dreaming again Peter? :D :rofl:

Mel

sexualbanana
01-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

Hahaha been dreaming again Peter? :D :rofl:

Mel

dreaming he's straight

Stratus_Power
01-08-2003, 12:27 AM
dreams are meant to be broken FD :P

Fluidic
01-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

dreaming he's straight

:guns: :rofl:

Nix87
01-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Touchless is good for the quick fix but during the winter there garbage they just dont cut it for gettin the salt off. Self-serve washin is the way 2 go. Cheaper and u don't gotta get screwed by the 25 litre fill some gas stations do for a discounted price.

Nick

EnRich
01-09-2003, 11:39 PM
I get the Touchless Car wash FREE guys... My best friends Sister dates this guy From the Co-oP in Shawnessy and I get $10 car washes FREE ! ! You know what... I still have to go to the self serve ones to get my bottom skirts, and for some strange reason my roof is always dirty.... Dont get me wrong... The touchless car wash does a good job... But it does miss some stuff and I find my car is still dirty in some small places.... Roof and Skirts being the worst... The rest of the car is washed dried PERFECTLY.... You can probably do it better at a self serve for $5 bucks... Touchless is for those lazy old ppl who just dont wanna get outta the car ; )

RICH