This was Sunshine on Sunday.

Boarding on Sunday!

Woooooooooooooo

http://www.psylence.com/sunshine01.jpg

http://www.psylence.com/sunshine02.jpg

http://www.psylence.com/sunshine03.jpg

Illusionsir
01-07-2003, 06:32 PM
i think im heading up this sunday to sunshine! im looking forward to it!!

oasis
01-07-2003, 09:03 PM
i was out there on new year's day, the snow was alright i guess.
i'll be there on sunday too......

Hipermax_d
01-07-2003, 09:29 PM
i was there on the 31st it wasnt bad, quite a lot of powder but at the very top of the mountain was all ice.
its probably a lot better now that it has melted a little

5.9 R/T
01-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Goats eye was the place to be on the 31st. Most of the runs were untouched up there so you could hit some mad powder. Also off to the far right of the WaWa chair i think (new quad next to chalet) there was some great powder but it involved a little bit of hiking to get to.

300rwhp
01-08-2003, 01:42 AM
hey i was at whislter i gotta say handsdown the best place for snow in canada fock

meter and a half the 3 nights before i went unbelievable

amazing light snow not wet stuff like usual

T5_X
01-08-2003, 02:34 AM
How much does a lift ticket at whistler cost?

350hp_or_Bust
01-08-2003, 08:52 AM
all I gotta say is Louise blew goats last weekend when I was there!!!! All that was open really was the green runs. And they were full of first time snow plowers! grrrrrr.... needless to say I left at noon and got a snowcheck lift ticket.

Ben
01-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Louise is ass! I was there last thurs, it was trash. Sunshine is where its at right now unless you want to drive further into BC.

GTS Jeff
01-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Benny
Louise is ass! I was there last thurs, it was trash. Sunshine is where its at right now unless you want to drive further into BC. we never had the chance to get into the powder stashes...

300rwhp
01-08-2003, 02:49 PM
whistler depending on where you buy the tickets is between 44 for students and 70 for adults.

WHat i mean is at whistler ticket booths on the hill 70 bucks for adults

children 18 and under 64
at my school
50 for adults
44 for children (ill be a child for the savings)
at a 7/11 before the hill 65 for an adult

totally worth it for the terrain and snow quality.
Sunshine looks amazing i skied there for 10 years and love it, i switched to lake lousy and really like more steeps and bowl atmospehere also glade skiing. Sunshine is great but lacking in diverse terrain. Lousie has cruiser high speed gs glade bowls really steep. Sunshine doesnt offer the really steep runs like lousie or the glade skiing. But the snow is usually better and more plentiful. Louise is bigger too. Biggest in canada technically.

sillyd
01-17-2003, 02:05 PM
nice pics dude. Not a sunshine fan though (beginners hill) plus it's not on my pass. Louise is shit right now.
Fernie is where it's at. Going again on sunday oh ya

sillyd
01-17-2003, 02:07 PM
maybe i shouldn't say sunshine is a beginners hill (i'm sure i'll get it for that comment). Just that i had a pass there for a few years when i was younger and everything there seems boring now. sorry

Ben
01-17-2003, 02:59 PM
I like the terrain better at Sunshine over Louise. Thats just my opinion though.

GTS Jeff
01-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by sillyd
maybe i shouldn't say sunshine is a beginners hill (i'm sure i'll get it for that comment). Just that i had a pass there for a few years when i was younger and everything there seems boring now. sorry

then that would be before goats eye mountain.

I like the terrain better at Sunshine over Louise. Thats just my opinion though.

ure crazy. even with delerium dive and goats eye, louise has terrain that far surpasses sunshine. all they need is snow dammit!

Ben
01-17-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

then that would be before goats eye mountain.

ure crazy. even with delerium dive and goats eye, louise has terrain that far surpasses sunshine. all they need is snow dammit!

Yeah, but on average sunshine always has better conditions, Lake Louise always has ass for snow and for the Platter runs to be good, they need LOTS of snow.

GTS Jeff
01-17-2003, 05:11 PM

Yeah, but on average sunshine always has better conditions, Lake Louise always has ass for snow and for the Platter runs to be good, they need LOTS of snow. i agree that sunshine has better snow...but never better terrain. snow and terrain are two different things.

and louise has tons more than the runs off the summit platter.

GTS Jeff
01-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
whistler depending on where you buy the tickets is between 44 for students and 70 for adults.

WHat i mean is at whistler ticket booths on the hill 70 bucks for adults

children 18 and under 64
at my school
50 for adults
44 for children (ill be a child for the savings)
at a 7/11 before the hill 65 for an adult

totally worth it for the terrain and snow quality.
Sunshine looks amazing i skied there for 10 years and love it, i switched to lake lousy and really like more steeps and bowl atmospehere also glade skiing. Sunshine is great but lacking in diverse terrain. Lousie has cruiser high speed gs glade bowls really steep. Sunshine doesnt offer the really steep runs like lousie or the glade skiing. But the snow is usually better and more plentiful. Louise is bigger too. Biggest in canada technically. whistler is bigger than louise by a LOT

Rydog
01-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by sillyd
nice pics dude. Not a sunshine fan though (beginners hill) plus it's not on my pass. Louise is shit right now.
Fernie is where it's at. Going again on sunday oh ya

so Fernie is good right now? usually i would have been there about 10 times (Dad has a condo there), but the snow has been so bad every where that i haven't gone anywhere yet.

300rwhp
01-17-2003, 08:41 PM
lake louise is the biggest whistler blackcomb is bigger but it is two different mountains ie you can buy a ticket to each or one to both

GTS Jeff
01-18-2003, 04:34 AM
lake louise is the biggest whistler blackcomb is bigger but it is two different mountains ie you can buy a ticket to each or one to both well no shit whistler is 2 mountains. so what? sunshine is 3 mountains..who cares.

last i checked, whistler-blackcomb is ONE resort...just like lake louise is ONE resort. so while louise may have a bigger mountain, its a smaller resort.

sillyd
01-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Just_d16n

so Fernie is good right now? usually i would have been there about 10 times (Dad has a condo there), but the snow has been so bad every where that i haven't gone anywhere yet.

Fernie was very good last weekend. We managed to find fresh all day! We're going again tomorrow, pray for snow

300rwhp
01-18-2003, 12:54 PM
no what i mean is whistler blackcomb are two resorts not one together

GTS Jeff
01-18-2003, 02:15 PM
no what i mean is whistler blackcomb are two resorts not one together no ure wrong. http://www.whistler-blackcomb.com/

300rwhp
01-18-2003, 04:00 PM
no dude your worng its like going to disneyworld and paying to get into just disney not mgm or epcot(cant remeber the name) or animal kingdom. I can buy a ticket to blackcomb and not ski whistler with it just as i can buy a ticket to whistler and be able to skit blackcomb. They are two separate hills. But you can pay more and get a ticket to both for like 10 bucks more. They are different. Why does lake louise advertise as the biggest in canada? wouldnt they get charged with false advertizing.

GTS Jeff
01-18-2003, 11:17 PM
no dude your worng its like going to disneyworld and paying to get into just disney not mgm or epcot(cant remeber the name) or animal kingdom. I can buy a ticket to blackcomb and not ski whistler with it just as i can buy a ticket to whistler and be able to skit blackcomb. They are two separate hills. But you can pay more and get a ticket to both for like 10 bucks more. They are different. Why does lake louise advertise as the biggest in canada? wouldnt they get charged with false advertizing. no ure WRONG. i can go to louise and pay 10 bucks for a ticket to the bunny hill and not the rest of the mountain, but that doesnt make the bunny hill and the mountain two separate resorts.

and fyi, the lake advertises being the biggest mountain, not the biggest resort. stupid.